[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

After learning few masteries from the Heart of Thorns - pop-up finally stopped. So, starting from Central Tyria, the best workaround is to unlock masteries' system by Guild Hall (as above), then learn some cheap Central masteries. And do main missions to move with story to Heart of Thorns, after learning few green masteries, we can come back to complete side quests in Central Tyria. So, this pop-up is really bad and bugged.It shouldn't appear with masteries' system locked and it should already stop after learning some Central Tyria mastery.Even in Heart of Thorns the pop-up is still quite bad, it's big and appears in a middle of a fight. There is check for "outside combat", but it's too short, it's still during a fight when we don't have time to open masteries' panel. Fight is more important then choosing masteries.

Add a clear defiance bar/CC tutorial. Firstly add a clear indicator showing which skills are useful for breaking bar: (Here greenish outline around concerned skills)S7bkImX.jpg

Secondly, add a strong defiance bar enemy in each starting instance:-For human: Add a centaur shaman, after defending for the second time shaemoor, just before earth elemental. A shaman creating a magical field from crossing the bridge.-For asura: An Inquest golem maintain a force field around it and another one blocking the access to the asuran gate leading to the supressor golem.-For norn: Isomnir have a first phase of casting a snowstorm and is invulnerable while the breakbar isn't broke.-For sylvari: The shadow of the dragon start invulnerable and require to break a bar to continue fighting it.-For charr: Sometimes baradin, do a magic spell to shield himself by attracting rocks on him. To destroy that rock armor you need to break the defiance bar.

@"hugo.4705" said:Add a clear defiance bar/CC tutorial. Firstly add a clear indicator showing which skills are useful for breaking bar: (Here greenish outline around concerned skills)S7bkImX.jpg

Great idea but not maybe green as that colour means healing in most mmos, I would say go with blue.

Think I tried an MMO several years ago (can't remember the name) that had the skills like that.Red border on attack skills, green on healing and blue on CC/stun skills

When having a commander squad, hiding the tag when in squad or as the commander yourself. For rp purposes in a group for immersion (but the tag could still be visible on map so people would know where to join), for when wanting squad functionality (maybe colored markers on things) but no actual tag.love the private squad thing.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:I've done a poll back in February about Mercenary helpers/Sidekicks based on our own characters, for our private instances, including story modes, dungeons, etc...

People who answered yes are equal to no, and then a small percentage said that they were impartial; meaning if the feature was there, they might aswell use it.

The idea is to place a mercenary slot in character select screen, and once we'd select our playable character, the merc slot would first be blank, and would have 2 buttons. A add, and remove.Once you click on the merc slot, the add option would be available.Then asking you in small text to click on one of our characters to be added.Our playable character would turn grayed out, so we could not use the same playable character as merc.Once we click on it, the character avatar would display on merc slot, and by clicking add button, it would permanently assign that specific character as merc, only to that playable character.

You would have to select a merc to each of your characters individually.

Once that was done, a new merc tab in hero pannel would be available, in which you could select the mercs primary weapon and its behaviour... select from passive, guardind, agressive, etc...

Obviously mercs, being our own characters, they will load as is, however we could not make changes to weapons and gear while in merc pannel.We could only change things like, which weapon we want it to use most, if they're able to swap weapons, etc...

I would love to use my own characters as a team.Thanks ANet

This sounds super awesome! I agree!

I had no idea this has been going on for so long, after searching for this in Google, there are SO many posts from pissed of "" PAYING CUSTOMERS"". I am going through this (March 2020). I have unlocked Masteries, have a Glider (HOT), have a Raptor mount (POF)... I am a mentor in Core... I am out of mastery points and need to get more, but this darn popup keeps interfering with my gameplay. It is not fun to be told how to play... as well a not fun trying to gain more masteries with this darn popup coming up. I know... I know.... I need more mastery points. For God's sake fix this, or I'm done! Cannot play this way. This is SO darn stupid!!! Shame on the dev's not fixing this after SO many posts for SO many years on this issue; pissing customers off and forcing people a path (in an open world game), as well as having people quit the game. And i am sure others felt the same way. Just do a Google search, lol. Pathetic!EDIT: forgot to mention... just for clarification... I have all three exp bars for all three area (Core, HOT, POF) maxed... waiting for masteries. This is total... mvm, guess it's time to move on cause I was too stupid to focus on masteries, instead of having fun in the 3 zones in a game I purchased and continue to support. Unreal!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For years I've wanted to have all the vendors you just made available in Eye of the North on Guild Hall. Can you add those to Guild Halls too please? Sometimes while doing updates you need to craft things and need to go out, craft, come back in. Having all those NPCs available would make Guild Halls even better.

Sure, why not. I have a personal guild hall and this would give me the opportunity to never leave it for services.

I have to note, though, that the unlockable services in EotN are somewhat insulting, to be honest. There is nothing to unlock that you don't get in a city by default, except here you have to pay for them...

Is it not like a suggestion but more of complain...lately it is really common to see characters with overstacked infusion effects, legendary item's effect and so on.While playing on laptop i have lowest setting for character modelsCharacter Model Quality: LowestCharacter Model Limit: LowestBUT!!! Those settings only prevent the loading of character's physical model and armor. fancy backpacks, overstacked aura infusion effects, legendary weapon effects, legendary trinket bubbles - all of that still loading, adding alot of particles and can load GPU, with case of low profile laptop GPUs it is additional heat.Example:R6mU9bp.jpg

Suggestion here simple.Under Lowest choice for Character Model settings, add ability to prevent load of backpacks, aura infusions, weapons etc. Leave it only with simple basic character model to minimize GPU stress ( same as Competitive settings that work in WvW ).

Hi.

PET SKIN.I was wondering if we can add pet skin in the game. Such as, using the Gazelle pet and putting the skin of the owl. Like armours and weapons skin.There are pets I like for theirs skills and there are pets I like for theirs species.

Obviously I will understand if this will not be available for any contents players vs players.

Just an idea like that.

Please, this has been forever with Rev... Glint skills spend all strange, like, laggy even if you are a great connection speed, they always act funny, if you double tap them it tends to not work where other specs and classes if you click twice they always work. This is just so terrible with rev especially in PVP when you want to double click inc dmg for a heal and you hit it twice but it doesnt work right. This happens with all the glint skills as if there is some algorithm made to fail 50% of the time when you do this. it just is really bad and ive wrote about it before to no avail. How come other specs work perfecyly and rev just is fail, fail, fail, laggy squishy feeling for no reason...

Greetings Arenanet. I do not know if my following requests fall under the category of QoL. They are requests for new stat combinations which I would like to incorporate into builds.

The combinations are as follows:

Combination #1 (Suggested Prefix Title: Peacekeeper's)

Healing Power (Major)

Toughness (Minor)

Vitality (Minor)

Combination #2 (Suggested Prefix Title: Hunter's)

Power (Major)

Precision (Minor)

Vitality (Minor)

Thank you.