[KNOWN ISSUE] Gem Store Bamboozle — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

[KNOWN ISSUE] Gem Store Bamboozle

SpinDashMaster.5680SpinDashMaster.5680 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 19, 2020 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

The image should suffice.
unknown.png

Update: This is now a known issue to ANet and they're working on a fix.

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭

For those not quite clear on the fairly clear image linked by the OP: The gemstore clearly says "free item available" but there does not appear to be any obvious item priced for 0 gems. Must be a bug or hint of a freebie tomorrow or very soon.

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've got a gift icon on the corner of my Black Lion Trading Company (BLTC) icon (9th icon in the top-left row of icons). The hover text says "Free Item Available!", but I've searched every tab of the BLTC window and can't find anything. Is there really supposed to be a free item available for pickup? Or, is this a bug?

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can confirm I also couldn't find anything.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think it must be a bug. I left it late to get the last update, because I was in the middle of checking out the Eye of the North and I didn't see the icon until after I got the update, which seems to be when everyone else got it too. From past experience I can tell you the gem store updates automatically without having to log out and back in. For example if you're online and have it open when new item are added the window will refresh automatically and they'll appear. So I think it's a bug caused by today's patch.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"If someone really cared, well they'd take the time to spare, a moment to try and understand another one's despair"

Guessing you're both right. Hoping ANet lets us know for sure.

Thanks!

• Nikola Tesla.2047Nikola Tesla.2047 Member
    edited March 18, 2020

I live in Belgium and with the law on gambling we can't buy black lion keys or random licences. So we can't receive the random licence reward, any way to fix that devs?

• SpinDashMaster.5680SpinDashMaster.5680 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2020

It's nothing to do with belgium. This screenshot was taken in the US. There is literally no free item available right now. The tooltip for the BLTC is a lie.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2020

Thanks for posting ^^ o/ was about to create a post about that. Europe, France here, not available too, the bl bear has a gift icon, but when exploring the trading post, nothing is free. Please, I want my giftuuuu :( rohh

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• keenedge.9675keenedge.9675 Member ✭✭✭

clear abuse of power ...

Moral Statute Machine: John Spartan, you are fined five credits for repeated violations of the verbal morality statute.

• This is also confusing me, it is saying "free item" but I can't find it :cold_sweat:

• Zushada.6108Zushada.6108 Member ✭✭✭

It's such a tease to login and see the gift icon ... only to realise there is nothing! :smile: Thank you OP for posting this, I was about to post about it myself.

• Grizzly UK.1209Grizzly UK.1209 Member ✭✭
    edited March 18, 2020

I'm in UK, logged in and I see the BLTC icon has a little "gift" showing on the lower right corner of the icon and the tooltip shows "Black Lion Trading Company Free Item Available [O]" but when I opened the BLTC there is nothing available for 0 gems. Even tried logging out, exiting the game and restarting, but the tooltip still shows that there is supposed to be a free item available but there's still nothing in the BLTC for 0 gems. Also finding that lately the BLTC is taking a really long time to actually load up and display anything.

Are A.net now resorting to conning players into opening the BLTC? :o

• Sneakr.3679Sneakr.3679 Member ✭✭

Yeah I see it too.

• Ditto.....

MsTrandentia - Leader of Tyrian Mystical Tours [PORT]

• Hoover.6394Hoover.6394 Member ✭✭✭

They should give us something free, even if this is a bug :p

• nothing free to find..

• You are a little in advance for your April's fool joke.

• casualkenny.9817casualkenny.9817 Member ✭✭✭

There's one exception tho. On a patch day, the bltc does not update once the new build is available, and only updates when you have relaunched with the new build

Reg:refresh of bltc.

• Katastroff.1045Katastroff.1045 Member ✭✭✭

Give us free stuff, bug fixed.

• Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭

Knowing my luck, if something was free, it would be another transmutation charge (looks at my 1400 transmutation charges).

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hoover.6394 said:

Free bug. ;)

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• @Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    No bamboozle intended! The Black Lion Trading Company is mistakenly displaying a "Free Item Available" message. We're sorry about this error and are working on a fix.

Thanks for the update. Does this mean that we will get a free item when it's fixed? ;) Just kidding but hey would be kind of cool...

• @notebene.3190 said:

@Hoover.6394 said:

Free bug. ;)

This free bug brought to you by Gorrik.

#nornmodeisbestmode

• I also have this bug,

J Sword
    Server: EBay

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

I'd like to know what this free item is as well.

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

• Ronan.9518Ronan.9518 Member ✭✭✭

There is no free item. It was already confirmed that it is a bug

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1192690#Comment_1192690

• bobsort.4097bobsort.4097 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2020
  • bobsort.4097bobsort.4097 Member ✭✭✭

I know an easy and fast Fix, "Add a free item"

• Calisanna.8732Calisanna.8732 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2020

Free way to get people to look at the gem store and spend money.😂

• Not to be petty but it was a pretty op burn. why not just throw us a bone? Give the people a 0 GEM item. How bad can it be budget wise?

• Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭✭

The bug itself is the free item. ;)

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Katastroff.1045 said:
    Give us free stuff, bug fixed.

Transmutation charge :#

• Giotto.2607Giotto.2607 Member ✭✭

omg, where is my free item! this is annoying.

• @Hesione.9412 said:
    Knowing my luck, if something was free, it would be another transmutation charge (looks at my 1400 transmutation charges).

why do you have so few? did some mass transmuting lately?

• SoulGuardian.6203SoulGuardian.6203 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2020

The symbol over the bltp remains there; and when you hover the mouse pointer it states that there's a free item.
    However, when I go in the actual gs, there's nothing there free.
    What is it?

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Draygorn.7012 said:
    There's no free item. It's a visual bug. Anet's trying to fix it.

I hope they at least give away a free key for the misunderstanding :)

• @aspirine.6852 said:

@Draygorn.7012 said:
    There's no free item. It's a visual bug. Anet's trying to fix it.

I hope they at least give away a free key for the misunderstanding :)

You and me both :P

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

You know, there's a Dev post on the front page (first one in the Carousel) about this.

• NaramSin.2693NaramSin.2693 Member ✭✭✭

Free Bug at BLTC

• Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭

Probably not a bug everyone experiences - since I don't have the "free item available" message and the gift icon at the top bar in the BLC icon appearing.
    And the normal red exlamaction mark in the corner for the mounts sale (this one shows up for me) indicates just that it is on sale - I guess.

Maybe it is because I did not unlock mounts yet (doing HoT and unlocking stuf fin release order)?

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

FYI

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    No bamboozle intended! The Black Lion Trading Company is mistakenly displaying a "Free Item Available" message. We're sorry about this error and are working on a fix.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Wow, I'm the world's biggest idiot! When everyone's been saying "the free gift is a bug" I've been searching the store for beetle skins. SMH

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2020

From the other thread on this topic:

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

@Hesione.9412 said:

why do you have so few? did some mass transmuting lately?

No, lack of BL keys! :)

I guess we can stop responding to this question, since it's clearly a bug. Thanks, all!

(Except for jokes. Feel free to keep posting jokes. :))

• aandiarie.7195aandiarie.7195 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2020

It changed in the last hr.