Canach's Lair: what to do??

You use the item Kiel gives you, in his room you press 1, look at the icon above the mines and then use your skills to "tamper" with whatever mine you saw, then bait him to run over them. Repeatedly. After each hit he resets them.

Edit: Actually you want to prepare multiple bomb mines in a row, then his your 5 skill to push him through as many as possible for most damage.

@"Blocki.4931" said:You use the item Kiel gives you, in his room you press 1, look at the icon above the mines and then use your skills to "tamper" with whatever mine you saw

I know that part. ;)

then bait him to run over them.

Ahh, he needs to get hit by a disarmed mine? :o Logic?

Actually you want to prepare multiple bomb mines in a row, then his your 5 skill to push him through as many as possible for most damage.

That's truly difficult, because he always blocks my Mine skill 5 (the push skill). Advice?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:You use the item Kiel gives you, in his room you press 1, look at the icon above the mines and then use your skills to "tamper" with whatever mine you saw

I know that part. ;)

then bait him to run over them.

Ahh, he needs to get hit by a
disarmed
mine? :o Logic?

You tamper with it, not disarm it :P

Actually you want to prepare multiple bomb mines in a row, then his your 5 skill to push him through as many as possible for most damage.

That's truly difficult, because he always blocks my Mine skill 5 (the push skill). Advice?

I did it a couple times, I just spammed it pretty much and then just tried to line it up. It's annoying, because he wants to explode all mines right after taking damage. I THINK you can cancel him out of that.

@"Blocki.4931" said:I did it a couple times, I just spammed it pretty much and then just tried to line it up.

Okay, so you don't "tamper" with them in circles but try to tamper several in a line, then align yourself so that you can push him through said line? How do you manage to push him when he blocks, by the way?

Addendum: Got it. You have to stand directly next to the mine for it to do any damage to him.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

If it helps you can use your own classes normal push skills as well, I found that often the push skill on the mine weapon took too long, or I didn't end up pushing Canach back quite far enough but the cooldown was too slow for me to fire another shot. So I found that sometimes it was better to temporarily drop the mine weapon and use a normal push skill (Staff ele - Gust in my case) which was quicker to fire, and allowed for a second push if I got him near a mine but not quite on it.

With regards to him blocking, I found that was just a patience thing, as soon as you see him doing the block animation its just a case of waiting it out for the next chance to try again. I found that running towards a mine with him chasing you, then dodging backwards through him as he lunges to attack you allowed for some good opportunities to line him up with a mine and push him into it.

You go downstate as necromancer, then bypass his immunity with downstate 1 of necro.

Oh wait, you meant the intended way to finish the fight? Yeah, disarm bombs correctly and kite him into them. Make sure that once he shouts, the Signal that he is about to blow all the mines and even disarmed mines will hit you, you stay clear of mines.

@Cyninja.2954 said:You go downstate as necromancer, then bypass his immunity with downstate 1 of necro.

Oh wait, you meant the intended way to finish the fight? Yeah, disarm bombs correctly and kite him into them. Make sure that once he shouts, the Signal that he is about to blow all the mines and even disarmed mines will hit you, you stay clear of mines.

Yeah, that was what I unintentionally did to kill him. Very confusing fight. I wonder if other lifesteal effects can hurt Canach despite his imunity.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:You go downstate as necromancer, then bypass his immunity with downstate 1 of necro.

Yeah, that was what I unintentionally did to kill him. Very confusing fight. I wonder if other lifesteal effects can hurt Canach despite his imunity.

Signet of Agony (Downed state skill #5) also hurts Canach.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:If it helps you can use your own classes normal push skills as well

Thanks for the help, but I managed the other day without using any push skills. Just kited and tampered the mines, then lured him into them one by one. Was pretty easy once I realized that you had to stand close the mine for him to receive damage.

• 3 years later...

So, last thing I need for Seasons of Dragons, and what I thought would be an afterthought (why I saved it for last) turns out to be the hardest thing in the whole achievement. Nowhere in the wiki or in this thread do I see any way to stop him from healing to full. I get him repeatedly down to maybe 80% and then he heals. Even if I die and restart, his health stays where I left it, but then out of nowhere while I'm spazzing out with the mine gun, his health resets. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mantis.6102 said:

So, last thing I need for Seasons of Dragons, and what I thought would be an afterthought (why I saved it for last) turns out to be the hardest thing in the whole achievement. Nowhere in the wiki or in this thread do I see any way to stop him from healing to full. I get him repeatedly down to maybe 80% and then he heals. Even if I die and restart, his health stays where I left it, but then out of nowhere while I'm spazzing out with the mine gun, his health resets. 

That's so weird. He never did that when I did it. He'd only heal if I died.

• Haha 1

Funny thing, just like in game when you are trying for a long time to get something to drop, so you complain in map chat and it immediately drops....after I posted that, I beat Canach in about 2 minutes.

Still don't know why he was healing. What I found was that the 5 skill on the mine detector interrupts him resetting all the mines, so I just reprogrammed all the mines between the start and where Canach aggros you and then kited him back through all the mines, making sure to hit him with 5 whenever the chat message pops up that he was going to reset mines.

• Haha 2