Black Lion cant find free item?

Hi,

Apologies if this help request isn't suitable for here..

I'm a returning player after years away. My Black Lion Trading Company tab/icon says I have 1 free item available. However I can't find this anywhere when i open the tab?

I've tried to find it multiple times now and unable to see it anywhere. Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

• 4 weeks later...

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:There is currently a free Outfit in the Gem Store (through the end of February). Try the 'Promotions' option, and then from the drop-down menu, 'Free items'.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-friend-ships-2020/

I got that, then the notification went away. It then came back after I downloaded yesterdays update. I think it's a bug, either related to that outfit but showing the icon to everyone or the icon has just come up for no reason at all.

It's still a relatively new system, they only started using the new item and free item icons a few months ago, so it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't found all the things which can affect it yet.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:There is currently a free Outfit in the Gem Store (through the end of February). Try the 'Promotions' option, and then from the drop-down menu, 'Free items'.

I got that, then the notification went away. It then came back after I downloaded yesterdays update. I think it's a bug, either related to that outfit but showing the icon to everyone or the icon has just come up for no reason at all.

It's still a relatively new system, they only started using the new item and free item icons a few months ago, so it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't found all the things which can affect it yet.

Why update an old thread that has nothing to do with current 'bug' on the Black Lion icon?

@"Dulyak.2574" said:I have the same notification, but when I check the drop-down menu I only have:

• New Items
  • Ending Soon
  • Discounts

Is the outfit supposed to be the "Seize the Awkward" shirt?

That promotion ended long ago. The current 'bug' has been acknowledged by the ArenaNet Team.

From the Carousel: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1192690#Comment_1192690

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:There is currently a free Outfit in the Gem Store (through the end of February). Try the 'Promotions' option, and then from the drop-down menu, 'Free items'.

Why update an old thread that has nothing to do with current 'bug' on the Black Lion icon?

I didn't realise it was an old thread. It was at the top of the page when I logged in, and there's been so many topics about the icon bug I didn't think to check the dates.

• 5 months later...

» show previous quotesWhy update an old thread that has nothing to do with current 'bug' on the Black Lion icon?

I didn't realise it was an old thread. It was at the top of the page when I logged in, and there's been so many topics about the icon bug I didn't think to check the dates.

...be that as it may,it's September (I have recently started playing again after like,8 years) and I have (thanks to this thread and its updates) just found that you can purchase the "seize the awkward" potion and clothing (under the promotions tab) and they mail it to you and the annoying notification goes away ? in case it helps anyone in future.

@"Shellfire.2346" said:

» show previous quotes" Why update an old thread that has nothing to do with current 'bug' on the Black Lion icon?

I didn't realise it was an old thread. It was at the top of the page when I logged in, and there's been so many topics about the icon bug I didn't think to check the dates."

well...be that as it may,it's September (I have recently started playing again after like,8 years) and I have (thanks to this thread and its updates) just found that you can purchase the "seize the awkward" potion and clothing (under the promotions tab) and they mail it to you and the annoying notification goes away ? in case it helps anyone in future....