New espec

Psycoprophet.8107

SamuraiIf anet want to truly do something different from the norm regarding this expac how about a spear for warrior as the main added weapon but also changes to gs,sw and bow skills to fit the theme better. As a mechanic f1 and f2 are offensive and defensive stance giving the warrior access to different effects to each weapon skill and burst skill on spear,gs,bow and swords. So u could pop f1 to use offensive skills on gs as a example than hit f2 to have a sec weapon kit on gs that's more defensive, the cd on the f1 and 2 skills could be on 9 sec weapon swap and 5 with fast hands for some synergy.I think that would not only make warrior feel significantly different it would be a change of formula from last two expac all while sticking to theme.I know people are thinking god another ask for a samurai spec lol.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:SamuraiIf anet want to truly do something different from the norm regarding this expac how about a spear for warrior as the main added weapon but also changes to gs,sw and bow skills to fit the theme better. As a mechanic f1 and f2 are offensive and defensive stance giving the warrior access to different effects to each weapon skill and burst skill on spear,gs,bow and swords. So u could pop f1 to use offensive skills on gs as a example than hit f2 to have a sec weapon kit on gs that's more defensive, the cd on the f1 and 2 skills could be on 9 sec weapon swap and 5 with fast hands for some synergy.I think that would not only make warrior feel significantly different it would be a change of formula from last two expac all while sticking to theme.I know people are thinking god another ask for a samurai spec lol.

This post has been brought to you by Psycoprophet's Cosplay fantasies.

We'll be back after the commercial break with another story on the revival of the Paragon.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:SamuraiIf anet want to truly do something different from the norm regarding this expac how about a spear for warrior as the main added weapon but also changes to gs,sw and bow skills to fit the theme better. As a mechanic f1 and f2 are offensive and defensive stance giving the warrior access to different effects to each weapon skill and burst skill on spear,gs,bow and swords. So u could pop f1 to use offensive skills on gs as a example than hit f2 to have a sec weapon kit on gs that's more defensive, the cd on the f1 and 2 skills could be on 9 sec weapon swap and 5 with fast hands for some synergy.I think that would not only make warrior feel significantly different it would be a change of formula from last two expac all while sticking to theme.I know people are thinking god another ask for a samurai spec lol.

We'll be back after the commercial break with another story on the revival of the Paragon.

Yeah paragon definitely fits a obvious asian theme more than samurai lol what was I thinking eh?Who told u about my cosplay fantasy which I definitely deny.

U don't happen to have any extra samurai armor laying around I could borrow for a friend do ya?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Yeah paragon definitely fits a obvious asian theme more than samurai lol what was I thinking eh?Who told u about my cosplay fantasy which I definitely deny.

U don't happen to have any extra samurai armor laying around I could borrow for a friend do ya?

No, I agree that Paragon does not fit Cantha. Although Paragons did end up there during GW1, so it could happen in the form of a Kurzick Bard.

Land Spear would be great. I still would prefer pistol/pistol and smoke fields.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Hate to say it but I think we will get Monk. Mainly because Warrior lacks a support option; And with the tactics rework it looks like that is 100% on the mind of the dev's right now.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give that kitten to the Guardian where it belongs.

That's what I thought to, I kinda though guard already had some mon in it lol

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Hate to say it but I think we will get Monk. Mainly because Warrior lacks a support option; And with the tactics rework it looks like that is 100% on the mind of the dev's right now.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give that kitten to the Guardian where it belongs.

Im pretty sure warrior will get it, they want to make a support warrior. Tactics is indicitive of this; Why rework it into a support line if it was not meant to synergize with the next E-spec? Im pretty sure guardian will get a more selfish spec, they have two support specs. (DH is less so than FB, but they both provide tons of support) Warrior is in need of a support spec that bennefits a group; Monk is it. Melee staff, martial arts style but pays homage to the old monk from guild wars 1 as it stands if they gave it to guardian it would feel way to samey.

Sorry warrior will not get anything close to a samurai or ninja. Im pretty sure we are in for the monk~ Only because logically it makes sense seeing as they have been using E-specs to fill roles core classes lack.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Im pretty sure warrior will get it, they want to make a support warrior. Tactics is indicitive of this; Why rework it into a support line if it was not meant to synergize with the next E-spec? Im pretty sure guardian will get a more selfish spec, they have two support specs. (DH is less so than FB, but they both provide tons of support) Warrior is in need of a support spec that bennefits a group; Monk is it. Melee staff, martial arts style but pays homage to the old monk from guild wars 1 as it stands if they gave it to guardian it would feel way to samey.

Sorry warrior will not get anything close to a samurai or ninja. Im pretty sure we are in for the monk~ Only because logically it makes sense seeing as they have been using E-specs to fill roles core classes lack.

Really bringing me down here man, not gonna lie lol

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

You can run support with pistols or a spear, see Paragon from GW1.

Im pretty sure paragon will go to Guardian, seeing as I believe its been hinted that guardians are both monks/paragons kind merged. The paragon will more than likely be their selfish spec with them running stances, and while they can trait to share those stances with allies much like soul-beast I doubt it will be a support. Its virtues will become chants/war-cries and they will basically be the guardians changed playstyle.

Im pretty sure these E-specs will have guardian and warrior when spec'd into these trees, swap places a bit and have a support warrior and a selfish guardian. Monk would be a completely new theme to warrior it could have bright almost blinding golden light as its aesthetic with high mobility, CC and support. And guardians could get a almost neon blue color to paragon if not blueish white, and basically be using their wrath to bring down enemies.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Im pretty sure paragon will go to Guardian, seeing as I believe its been hinted that guardians are both monks/paragons kind merged. The paragon will more than likely be their selfish spec with them running stances, and while they can trait to share those stances with allies much like soul-beast I doubt it will be a support. Its virtues will become chants/war-cries and they will basically be the guardians changed playstyle.

Im pretty sure these E-specs will have guardian and warrior when spec'd into these trees, swap places a bit and have a support warrior and a selfish guardian. Monk would be a completely new theme to warrior it could have bright almost blinding golden light as its aesthetic with high mobility, CC and support. And guardians could get a almost neon blue color to paragon if not blueish white, and basically be using their wrath to bring down enemies.

So give guards monk then, it fits them more than Warrior and Paragon fits the Warrior more than monk.

So give guards monk then, it fits them more than Warrior and Paragon fits the Warrior more than monk.

Its not gonna happen, Warrior has everything but staff. The idea they will make new weapons or bring underwater weapons on land is simply hubris, they already told us long ago they never would. I doubt they will now~ Monk to warrior for melee staff. (maybe ranged idk.... warrior kinda suck in ranged fights.) And guardian will get paragon...

As much as you might not like it, Pretty sure thats how its gonna be. Strictly based on the roles these two classes can't fill, Warrior is a horrible support right now and is still to selfish to fit the role. A more martial monk with a staff, and healing based on the damage they deal with high mobility fits the warriors aesthetic and feels like something they would do.

Guardian being slower but more prone to fighting on a more bruiser playstyle would fit paragon if it came to the game, I have no clue what weapon they'd give it given that we don't have spear. But I feel like its the most probable of the ideas going toward that class; Perhaps duel daggers or some such thing but that might feel too much like spellbreaker.

You guys need to look at roles, I honestly doubt paragon is going to happen unless they change their mind about new weapons. Plus the sunspears/paragons became to Spellbreakers according to lore and their daggers represent the broken spear heads of their order; So technically paragons already exist and are on the warrior. They just aren't what they used to be. So now that I think about it I have no freak'n clue what they'd do for guardian to be honest.....

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Its not gonna happen, Warrior has everything but staff. The idea they will make new weapons or bring underwater weapons on land is simply hubris, they already told us long ago they never would. I doubt they will now~ Monk to warrior for melee staff. (maybe ranged idk.... warrior kinda suck in ranged fights.) And guardian will get paragon...

As much as you might not like it, Pretty sure thats how its gonna be. Strictly based on the roles these two classes can't fill, Warrior is a horrible support right now and is still to selfish to fit the role. A more martial monk with a staff, and healing based on the damage they deal with high mobility fits the warriors aesthetic and feels like something they would do.

Guardian being slower but more prone to fighting on a more bruiser playstyle would fit paragon if it came to the game, I have no clue what weapon they'd give it given that we don't have spear. But I feel like its the most probable of the ideas going toward that class; Perhaps duel daggers or some such thing but that might feel too much like spellbreaker.

You guys need to look at roles, I honestly doubt paragon is going to happen unless they change their mind about new weapons. Plus the sunspears/paragons became to Spellbreakers according to lore and their daggers represent the broken spear heads of their order; So technically paragons already exist and are on the warrior. They just aren't what they used to be. So now that I think about it I have no freak'n clue what they'd do for guardian to be honest.....

Warrior has everything but pistol/pistol, short bow, focus, scepter, and staff. Staff isn't needed for support. It can be done with other weapons.

Warrior has everything but pistol/pistol, short bow, focus, scepter, and staff. Staff isn't needed for support. It can be done with other weapons.

But why would they when staff is there, we know they can make it a melee weapon. (Rev and thief) And with paragon being the spell-breaker, guardian likely to get a selfish spec and me doubting they'd go for scepter, shortbow or pistol it leaves focus and staff. They could make focus's into a fist weapon and use it that way on warrior which could be cool, I doubt it but I think it might be probable.

Pistols on warrior for cantha? Nah probably for the expansion after. (Asuran themed?) Scepter we know won't happen because they don't or they didn't want warrior delving into hard magic. So Staff is more than likely what they will go with, with you using your chi or Ki/chakara or whatever may have you to exude off you while you fight to buff and heal allies. That is what I think is probable for this expansion~ It in no way will be 100% representing the monk of old, rather it will be something new but it will be called the monk. (Or the Shaolin or some such thing.)

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:SAMURAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll show myself out.

Lol, honestly spear or pistol/pistol would be fine. I'm down for samurai as well.

U... I like u lol

Well, let's be serious. HoT gave us a savage land's version of a warrior, PoF gave us the warrior of a resistance group, Cantha will give is it's version of a warrior, and that won't be a healer or a monk.

Pistol/pistol focused on support, or spear based on tactics and rapid assaults is what we will get.

I'll show myself out.

Lol, honestly spear or pistol/pistol would be fine. I'm down for samurai as well.

U... I like u lol

Well, let's be serious. HoT gave us a savage land's version of a warrior, PoF gave us the warrior of a resistance group, Cantha will give is it's version of a warrior, and that won't be a healer or a monk.

Pistol/pistol focused on support, or spear based on tactics and rapid assaults is what we will get.

all I read from that is tactic rapid assaulting spear wielding samurai and sounds awesome so I think u should make it happen since u got everyone's Hope's up, don't know how ur gonna do it but that's on u so.... lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I'll show myself out.

U... I like u lol

all I read from that is tactic rapid assaulting spear wielding samurai and sounds awesome so I think u should make it happen since u got everyone's Hope's up, don't know how ur gonna do it but that's on u so.... lol

See that thread I posted above? Swap or pistols for Spears, add some sweaping aoes to the weapon bar, a leap, a knock back, and a copy of rev staff 5 but without the CC. Keep the finishers theme. I think Anet should revitalize combo fields and finishers, so new especs are a good start.

I'll post a spear version of that proposed spec in tomorrow.

I'll show myself out.

U... I like u lol

See that thread I posted above? Swap or pistols for Spears, add some sweaping aoes to the weapon bar, a leap, a knock back, and a copy of rev staff 5 but without the CC. Keep the finishers theme. I think Anet should revitalize combo fields and finishers, so new especs are a good start.

I'll post a spear version of that proposed spec in tomorrow.

Let's make this happen lol.