The new forums are a step back - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The new forums are a step back

13>>

Comments

• Guys, the editing is going to be fixed. We will have infinite editing privileges.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/118588/#Comment_118588

• Lonami.2987Lonami.2987 Member ✭✭

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:
    Guys, the editing is going to be fixed. We will have infinite editing privileges.

That's awesome, thanks for sharing! : =)

• Airyll.7849Airyll.7849 Member ✭✭

I disagree that the forum upgrade is a step back... but it isn't strictly an upgrade, either.

It's more like a side-grade if anything. There've been some good changes, and then we have some less desirable ones. Things like Like/Dislike/Helpful react buttons were honestly to be expected because they are everywhere these days, and the only nice thing about them is that they're anonymous insofar as they don't outright name who is pressing what button. I would agree that they're prone to starting circlejerks though and that they aren't really used as "This is good advice" or "This is bad advice" more than they become "yiss +1 QFT" or "no gfy" reactions.

But that's honestly more due to human error than forum functionality.

I agree on many of your other points too. In particular, editing lockouts for posts is asinine and stupid and I wholeheartedly disagree with it - especially because OP edits can be so integral to conversations when new people poke their foot into a thread - and I don't enjoy the limited options for avatars. Why bother giving us avatars when you make them so pitifully small and when they clearly don't scale very well? (Seriously, just look on the left. The resolution is awful on avatars at that size, yet they're fine when small icons. Who the kitten organised these things and let them ship like that? As a forum designer, I'm offended.)

• while its nice to see the new forums and every thing it can do :o even works with #Twitter too nice to see it all working with out any bugs at all so far. but wonder how long it last. now if they would only done this with #GuildWars2 I would bought the new pack .but still at least these forums will be much better than the old forums ever was B) :p ;)

• @Lonami.2987 said:

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:
    Guys, the editing is going to be fixed. We will have infinite editing privileges.

That's awesome, thanks for sharing! : =)

No problem. @Airyll.7849

• For feedback, please post in our feedback thread, so that we can see the full flow of comments, input, concerns, etc.

If one of your suggestions is that the feedback thread needs to be moved here to GW2 Discussion, you can share that. In that thread, please. :)

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager
    Fansite and Guild Relations; In-Game Events

13>>
This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.