Bring Infuse Light in line

Eugchriss.2046

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Wow....just WOW! Never thought we'd come to this ----as many have already said, Infuse Light is one of the easiest skill to counter play by .....NOT attacking. It's also so easy to see when a Herald uses it - besides the icon, and the blue aura, you should try and pay attention to those green floating animations when you are hitting a Herald under IL effect. Please, stop asking for more nerfs and try to improve your overall awareness instead.

Condi, ground effects, cleave. When should we stop using those exactly? I can certainly stop directly attacking the rev. But how do you stop all that other stuff?

Deal with it? Predict the opponent action? Strategize? It isn't rocket science. And to think of it ---- you are basically asking to nerf into oblivion the only viable heal skill that Herald has.

I didn't propose anything. I merely observe that your advice avoids addressing the issues people have mentioned repeatedly in this thread. Why is that? Well, common sense suggests you'd rather not give up an ability that is too much of a good thing, but you don't really have a good argument to make in its defense.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@szeng.1267 said:Maybe the problem isn't infuse light being too good but conditions are ticking for too high. Conditions shouldn't be ticking for 3-4k in the first place.

depends how they are applied, if guard sneezes and you eat 30k burn thats retarded, but if someone lands 4-5 abilities they you 100% should take alot of damage.realism of the situation is that infuse is AT LEAST healing for 50% hp against condi builds while acting as 3s invlunerability on top

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Shao.7236they could make infuse reduce condi damage taken by 50-75%.having full hp heal every 30s that cant be stopped that also acts as 3s of invulnerability is a middle finger to any and all condi builds.It works fine against power, you attack me, you kitten up and I get healed.But if you eat 10k condi you can just chew it like a snack for big heals

I thought about that, but I am honestly more in favor of making it 2 seconds. It just seems clunky to have the mechanic be given this exception when with 2 seconds that would limit the healing down right to bursts and reward good plays. The way the skill works is asking for timing while also limiting it's stupid potential, the defensive rotation is still doable in 2 seconds as well the shield being a good pair.

Most players don't know, but nothing forces them to stick on Glint once the skill is used, this can be used then legend swap for bait or facetank rush with no risk as it heals. I can hear all the screams and complains in the back of my head but I don't care, all Revenant heals aside Ventari heal for about the average of Soothing Stone unless doing the right plays to gain extra benefits, here with Infuse Light the right plays are not really difficult and can easily give a full heal. Getting 6k in the standard of Revenant is really good and should players start realizing that since they've been spoiled for a while with this full heal aspect of it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@szeng.1267 said:Maybe the problem isn't infuse light being too good but conditions are ticking for too high. Conditions shouldn't be ticking for 3-4k in the first place.

depends how they are applied, if guard sneezes and you eat 30k burn thats kitten, but if someone lands 4-5 abilities they you 100% should take alot of damage.realism of the situation is that infuse is AT LEAST healing for 50% hp against condi builds while acting as 3s invlunerability on top

So conditions doing AT LEAST 50% hp (ie ~10k) dmg in 3 seconds is considered the low end whats the high end?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Shao.7236they could make infuse reduce condi damage taken by 50-75%.having full hp heal every 30s that cant be stopped that also acts as 3s of invulnerability is a middle finger to any and all condi builds.It works fine against power, you attack me, you kitten up and I get healed.But if you eat 10k condi you can just chew it like a snack for big healsYou might have missed that Herald is weak at cleansing conditions (esp. in PvP where cleansing sigil doesn't do much) and that's why such thing like Infused Light exists to be at least able to negate one condi burst every 30 seconds.

You are asking to nerf a mechanic that exists for a purpose you don't seem to understand.

@szeng.1267 said:

depends how they are applied, if guard sneezes and you eat 30k burn thats kitten, but if someone lands 4-5 abilities they you 100% should take alot of damage.realism of the situation is that infuse is AT LEAST healing for 50% hp against condi builds while acting as 3s invlunerability on top

So conditions doing AT LEAST 50% hp (ie ~10k) dmg in 3 seconds is considered the low end whats the high end?

there is no high end.you take as much as you let your enemies to.what is the high end of power damage? in 3s?mault for 15k? WI for 20k, still not 3s, hmmm bird for 10k, some longbow for 5-10k is it 3s yet?if you eat the condi like bonzoo then you get melted, only farters like guard need to be nerfed becouse they touch you and you insta melt with 20k burns

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Shao.7236they could make infuse reduce condi damage taken by 50-75%.having full hp heal every 30s that cant be stopped that also acts as 3s of invulnerability is a middle finger to any and all condi builds.It works fine against power, you attack me, you kitten up and I get healed.But if you eat 10k condi you can just chew it like a snack for big healsYou might have missed that Herald is weak at cleansing conditions (esp. in PvP where cleansing sigil doesn't do much) and that's why such thing like Infused Light exists to be at least able to negate one condi burst every 30 seconds.

You are asking to nerf a mechanic that exists for a purpose you don't seem to understand.

they are not negating condi bursts, they are negating condi bursts, while healing to full while remaining invlunerable at the same time.there used to be counter, filling them with condis during infuse, now its gone becouse all condi builds are hybrids anyways, and if you do that you do shit for damage becouse no expertise kekW.whenever anything is brought up with mesmer its shot down as a counter, whelp here you go ladsmb rev should be countered by condis, you want to be strong against condi go core and spam resist, otherwise die burning.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

there is no high end.you take as much as you let your enemies to.what is the high end of power damage? in 3s?mault for 15k? WI for 20k, still not 3s, hmmm bird for 10k, some longbow for 5-10k is it 3s yet?if you eat the condi like bonzoo then you get melted, only farters like guard need to be nerfed becouse they touch you and you insta melt with 20k burns

All the outlier power skills need to be nerfed. Don't use outlier power skills to justify over performing condition dmg.

@szeng.1267 said:

All the outlier power skills need to be nerfed. Don't use outlier power skills to justify over performing condition dmg.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDthen what the heck do you use?you compare the best to the best

IL is one of the few skills that punish braindead spam. Be it the herald itself or the enemy, IL can do anything from a 100% heal to basicly nothing. When playing power, the counter is just "don't attack for 3 seconds". If you can't do that, you deserve to lose. When playing condi, do half-kittened bursts to bait IL out, then go for a proper condibomb.The skill is perfectly fine.

All we get is 1v1 perspectives, this won't get anywhere. The wrong things will likely get nerfed with the average opinion of condition damage. Class already lost half of it's damage and there's still complains.

It's an obvious fact that the ability to full heal as is for Herald is unhealthy and no one wants to accept it, they really take it for granted. It's a real thing that Herald has little to invest into because the healing is that strong, it's not like Warrior where it's /all/ they got in the following. They can't fall back on anything else once it's done, Herald can because of all that slack nobody wants to admit of. I've played what people have for about a year consecutively before anyone ever considered it then switching back to core, the build was always like that until the recent nerfs, it was quite shocking that people said whenever I was winning that my build was trash and now it's considered super powerful when nothing had really change, the irony. Just stupid pairs with the class like FB or anything overly oppressive that holds the Herald leash really makes it look overpowered.

Before even touching Infuse Light, I would properly tweak Mallyx Facet and see how it turns out for the careless players. Gone with the stuff that's not evadable. It's too much.

@"Bazsi.2734" said:IL is one of the few skills that punish braindead spam. Be it the herald itself or the enemy, IL can do anything from a 100% heal to basicly nothing. When playing power, the counter is just "don't attack for 3 seconds". If you can't do that, you deserve to lose. When playing condi, do half-kittened bursts to bait IL out, then go for a proper condibomb.The skill is perfectly fine.

By that logic, what if we made every single healing skill operate like Infuse Light? what if every single skill on every class was a full on damage reversal? It's "fair" right.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Bazsi.2734" said:IL is one of the few skills that punish braindead spam. Be it the herald itself or the enemy, IL can do anything from a 100% heal to basicly nothing. When playing power, the counter is just "don't attack for 3 seconds". If you can't do that, you deserve to lose. When playing condi, do half-kittened bursts to bait IL out, then go for a proper condibomb.The skill is perfectly fine.

By that logic, what if we made every single healing skill operate like Infuse Light? what if every single skill on every class was a full on damage reversal? It's "fair" right.

tbh I always found this ability bullshit, I found it fine for berserk becouse it fits thematically, on rev with 2! healing skills its just broken.

On a side note I find pretty funny that many people here come saying :"Just don't attack during infuse light" wherease they spam nerf post on confusion.Seems it's just a : "L2P when fighting me but your mechanics is op, nerf it ! ". (The funniest part is when they can actually rollface under confusion while on infuse light haha, seems bad faith has no limit.)Thanks for this giggles.

IMO the only prob with this skill is the cast time. The cast time should be on infuse light and not on facet of light. Because actually infuse light works as some sort of break stun and glint already has one (and not the weakest one of rev's kit).

@mortrialus.3062 said:

If we made every healskill the exact same, that would bring this game closer to perfect balance. Would also be very boring. What point are you trying to make?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:tbh I always found this ability kitten, I found it fine for berserk becouse it fits thematically, on rev with 2! healing skills its just broken.

I find it hilarious how many people think this is broken. Not hitting enemies at key times is part of this game. Fullcounter, Bandit's Defense, Counterattack etc... IL is just a healskill version of this skill type. Especially with the nerfs to shiroglints evasiveness, IL is just not a balance problem.

Fix Mallyx facet being undodgable and unblockable before you even consider touching Infuse Light. Shiro facet got changed fairly quickly after the patch because people actually played power rev and no one played condi rev at the time. Now that the majority of builds played are condi and condi rev is beyond meta, fix the facet.

Infuse Light doesn't save you from being CC spammed to death, it doesn't prevent your opponents from stacking more conditions during its duration to kill you after the 3 seconds. Just because your thief decided to steal in to attack while there's the most obvious animation and tooltip that the revenant is healing doesn't mean it's an inherently broken skill.

You want to make power herald even worse in a meta where condi is already running rampant? Condi herald is inherently too tanky for the amount of damage it can do., no reason to nerf power further when it has already lost 2/3 of its stunbreak power, might stacking ability, and a heck of a lot of damage. You want to take the one defense power herald has against condi in PvP? Focus on Mallyx facet, if only for the fact that it's the one way that you can nerf condi herald directly without nerfing power herald or condi base rev.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:Just make the Poison condition reduce its duration by 33%; the counter to it should be the same as any other heal skill.

Poison already reduces the heal by 33%, it is just as countered by poison as most other heals.

Except for the fact that Poison is the highest damaging condition next to Burning, and any stacks of Poison on the Revenant will also be healing them, thus negating the penalty as people pointed out above in several posts regarding conditions.