We should probably look at Lightning Rod

RegudonNA.4630

Trait does quite a bit of damage and applies weakness - one of the strongest conditions In the game.

Theres been other complaints about earth shield (which is fine) but the the complaints come from lightning rod. There have been complaints about shocking aura and lightning hammer... when the problems come from lightning rod.

It does too much and is flying under the radar.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RegudonNA.4630 said:Trait does quite a bit of damage and applies weakness - one of the strongest conditions In the game.

Theres been other complaints about earth shield (which is fine) but the the complaints come from lightning rod. There have been complaints about shocking aura and lightning hammer... when the problems come from lightning rod.

While I don't think the build is problemativ (yet), I agree it has a strong nieche: Which is fighting power specs. As long as there are condi builds coutnering it, it should be fine. But if conditions get nerfed, this will become an issue.

Suggestion: Reduce the weakness duration if you nerf conditions with the next patch (looking at you, condi rev). Alternatively bring an internal CD, but I don't like those.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@RegudonNA.4630 said:Trait does quite a bit of damage and applies weakness - one of the strongest conditions In the game.

While I don't think the build is problemativ (yet), I agree it has a strong nieche: Which is fighting power specs. As long as there are condi builds coutnering it, it should be fine. But if conditions get nerfed, this will become an issue.

Suggestion: Reduce the weakness duration if you nerf conditions with the next patch (looking at you, condi rev). Alternatively bring an internal CD, but I don't like those.Spam CC to kill your enemy and weakness kills power damage. (literally opposite to their own statement about CC shouldnt do damage).Brainless CC spam shouldnt be rewared.Its literally aids regardless of that you say condi builds can counter it.

Anyone have a post of the "high" damage lightning Rod does? The 5k hits Ele can accomplish are usually from Dual skills and 3rd weapon skills, not lightning Rod.

CC's are very oppressive in this Meta due to the lack of stability, high stun breaks CD's, etc. Not because lightning Rod is OP.

It's weird that after the "CC-s should do no damage" patch one of the best ele builds kill targets by spamming CC. Apart from that contradition to the core design philosophy, it's crazy fun to play this build in unranked. Condition damage or CC lockdown hardcounters it. Once you cannot stay on the offense you either run or you die. Maybe if I get better with it I can say for sure it it's truly broken or not.

Also, don't nerf condi. It keeps builds like this in check.

Glad someone took the initiative to mention it, I was feeling lazy lately as all I've been seeing is pretty much that when it comes to Elementalist and it's honestly really oppressive in 2v2's when you already have something else that inflict just as much pressure because of the CC that constantly comes stops you from doing anything if you don't have stability, if you are power you're pretty much done for because you can't pressure back without a clear. In 1v1's it's manageable but stability is an absolute must As some said in the past already, it should only be casted on interrupt in the new meta, it's too good for how little effort it takes and sustain did take a hit. Tbh, it's not like it's hard to interrupt people when it takes a lot of key presses to do anything now.

@"MyPuppy.8970" said:Will there be any good trait left? Even with LR, Ele damage is far from crazy...

Nope...they will go complain about fire weaver after lightning rod...."too much burning still" they will say..then they will jump on water weaver...."too much sustain still"...then will jump on tempest..."too much..huh...cleansing yeah"...then they will jump on core ele :-) ..."too much..huh...well..whatever is left to nerf"...basically no..

Well back to core elementalist since everyone wants to hammer the damn class into non-existence. Got FA nerfed, got Fire weaver nerfed, got water sword nerfed, celestial DD nerfed, cantrips, useless traits, obsidian reworked four times, staff doing no damage, frostbow no damage, focus are only defense lifeline, ToF pointless, stability gutted.

When are y'all gonna GIVE??? Look what you did to scrapper?? Look what you did to mirage, to scourge, gunflame, Warrior dagger, most of the spell breaker skills, Steal, Core Guardian AND Dragonhunter, Chronomancer. The list is practically endless with what THESE particular forums has caused. I actually need to know when is enough is enough, because, my word, we can't have ANY specializations do anything unique unless it is like Core Revenant/Renegade tier. And this is going for ALL classes at this point, not just my mains or other people's mains. The worst part is Anet LISTENS to this and actually believes this is constructive.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Well back to core elementalist since everyone wants to hammer the kitten class into non-existence. Got FA nerfed, got Fire weaver nerfed, got water sword nerfed, celestial DD nerfed, cantrips, useless traits, obsidian reworked four times, staff doing no damage, frostbow no damage, focus are only defense lifeline, ToF pointless, stability gutted.

When are y'all gonna GIVE??? Look what you did to scrapper?? Look what you did to mirage, to scourge, gunflame, Warrior dagger, most of the spell breaker skills, Steal, Core Guardian AND Dragonhunter, Chronomancer. The list is practically endless with what THESE particular forums has caused. I actually need to know when is enough is enough, because, my word, we can't have ANY specializations do anything unique unless it is like Core Revenant/Renegade tier. And this is going for ALL classes at this point, not just my mains or other people's mains. The worst part is Anet LISTENS to this and actually believes this is constructive.

Almost none of those nerfs were bad things though. LoL.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Avatar.3568 said:Lightning rod is actually weaker than stone shield

Ranger hard counters most LR builds.Stone shield is a soft counter to rangers.

Lightning Rod Weaver counters rangers pretty well.

There are a ton of projectile denials on d/f for the longbow and the shocking aura, CCs, unblockable knockdown, weakness, and blind counters gs.

Rangers can't even use Lightning Reflexes vs. shocking aura because it stuns us immediately after the stunbreak.

The only ranger build that is a pretty good counter to d/f weaver is the immobilize spam druid but that's just because the weaver build can't get rid of the immobilize very easily because it prevents cleansing wave on dodge.

@shadowpass.4236 said:Lightning Rod Weaver counters rangers pretty well.

There are a ton of projectile denials on d/f for the longbow and the shocking aura, CCs, unblockable knockdown, weakness, and blind counters gs.

Rangers can't even use Lightning Reflexes vs. shocking aura because it stuns us immediately after the stunbreak.

I should've mentioned I meant on open field, not on node.

LR weaver doesn't even use teleport so it can't catch up with a kiting ranger.