Some Rev&Herald Trait Ideas

Virdo.1540

Time for me to come up with some ideas again.

At first,please remove the stupid Healing orb mechanic from the salvation traitline and add something like Scrappers "Medical Dispersion Field", so people get some healing from how we are healing ourselfs (like 6-heals, Steadfast Rejuvenation, life siphon etc.) It would make revs much more viable healers + it would be much more fun than.... orbs

Versed in Stone: Rite of the Dwarf is a stunbreak. A really expensive one and can even be interrupted cuz of casting it. I think it should give 1stab or a bit of retaliation after using it. It is one of the least used skills in Rev. It just can do too less for what it costs

And to herald, i wanna talk about Facet of nature.I dont wanna talk about the Active "True Nature" here. Mainly about the passive.Imo the passives from each legend are kinda bad. Not really worth the 2bars of upkeep. So i would have thought a bit in that direction

The Trait "Core Value" could start giving ,if taken, 1reduced point of upkeep-bars for Facet of Nature, like they did with "Replenishing Despair" from the Corruption Traitline.If that would look kinda strong in others eyes, they could also make this trait an -1upkeep thing only ,so they could remove Core value's buff completely(or add it to True Nature as whole, it is not that big of a deal to take 1 trait just to do things like "boons are extended by 1 additional second). The trait Core Value itself is kinda inferior&bad compared to +20%regen & much more movement speed.

btw, i personally really like those ideas like from Replenishing Despair, to get traits that lower the Upkeep-Costs. I wish they would have brought them in long time ago.

I think Versed in Stone could use something a little spicier too.I run it right now, and not for the stunbreak, but the -50% Damage and Condi Damage reduction when it procs.Preventing it from being interrupted would be nice but I really fear it would put it onto Anet's "300 second passive" list and I kinda don't want that since I value it for the damage reduction it brings.

I agree on the upkeep for True Nature : Passives are too weak for 2 upkeep.Most people just use it as flip skills for Mallyx or Shiro.

They should just make True Nature an activated skill honestly.

True Nature Passives should be addressed individually if they're too weak. I personally like some of the passives depending on what I'm doing. For example, I've really been enjoying using Mallyx's in 2v2 or group fights to rip condis off teammates for a few seconds and then use the active, not just always immediately using it for the active. I also think Core Value is relatively balanced with the other options. There's definitely times where I'd rather have Core Value than either of the other two traits. If it needs a buff then -1 upkeep for Facet might not be bad, or they could double output of the active, or individually increase some of the values.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:True Nature Passives should be addressed individually if they're too weak. I personally like some of the passives depending on what I'm doing. For example, I've really been enjoying using Mallyx's in 2v2 or group fights to rip condis off teammates for a few seconds and then use the active, not just always immediately using it for the active. I also think Core Value is relatively balanced with the other options. There's definitely times where I'd rather have Core Value than either of the other two traits. If it needs a buff then -1 upkeep for Facet might not be bad, or they could double output of the active, or individually increase some of the values.

No imo they should make all Core Values a persistent effect with no Interval or ICD and keep 2 upkeep.

Mallyx TN Passive right now is really weak in comparison to PA for example, only because it has an interval.

Make :

Mallyx TN every second Condi draw.Use it unwisely and yu get condi bombed without resistance.

Shiro is fine right now but values need buffs.

Ventari heal per tick adjusted and made to tick every second like Regen.

Jalis is fine as is.

Don't shoot me for this last one :

Glint True Nature can protect 1 Boon from being corrupted.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:True Nature Passives should be addressed individually if they're too weak. I personally like some of the passives depending on what I'm doing. For example, I've really been enjoying using Mallyx's in 2v2 or group fights to rip condis off teammates for a few seconds and then use the active, not just always immediately using it for the active. I also think Core Value is relatively balanced with the other options. There's definitely times where I'd rather have Core Value than either of the other two traits. If it needs a buff then -1 upkeep for Facet might not be bad, or they could double output of the active, or individually increase some of the values.

No imo they should make all Core Values a persistent effect with no Interval or ICD and keep 2 upkeep.

Mallyx TN Passive right now is really weak in comparison to PA for example, only because it has an interval.

Make :

Mallyx TN every second Condi draw.Use it unwisely and yu get condi bombed without resistance.

Shiro is fine right now but values need buffs.

Ventari heal per tick adjusted and made to tick every second like Regen.

Jalis is fine as is.

Don't shoot me for this last one :

Glint True Nature can protect 1 Boon from being corrupted.

well im fine with everything except glints true nature. with boon-corruption its almost unusable in pve and will have no effect at all. but nice idea tho

Also wanna add those:

Herald -Forceful Persistence: It should have an universal +3-4 %dmg per upkeep as whole, like it is with Hardening Persistence & Rising Momentum.This way ,herald could finally catch up in terms of power-damage compared to the renegade. (while still having inferior support)Salavation -Words of Censure: Since its in the Orb-line, it should make us be able to "Halve/split to thirds the orb healing, but increase the healed allies to 10", so we can be effective healers in raids (maybe even wvw), instead of doing something in a one-time scenario. Also it wouldnt let us go into the terrible heal-priorization trap.Invocation -Spiritboon: giving 2 stacks of might when switching to shiro isnt that good. Better would be to give something else, thats not stacking in intensity. Like Fury, or short-duration quickness..... (or just at least double the might)Charged Mists: Always give +25energy after Legend swap. Cuz if someone has a tiny skill lag, the trait could be wasted just by having half a second longer before the Legendswap goes through.