Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

Is it possible to get a refund on items to create legendaries? I was in the process of making 30 legendary runes and 56 legendary sigils. This sounds like it would be pointless to continue with that now but now I'll be stuck with the Gifts.

Anet pls make legendary Armory more practical and less clunky then the current template system,so people who where used to arcdps templates etc. or just want a better control for fine tuning stats, can finally feel good again playing raids and fractals...

It would really help if you dont limit the amount of build, we can have with legendary gear so hard to only 6 anymore (since those builds would only be about stats configurations and not about items them self it shouldn't create problems as much).

This sounds great but there one thing I always really really wanted from my legendary armor + templates:

• Make it so we can use the same legendary armor but with different skins on each template!

Ofc we'd have to use Transmutation Charges but I struggle a lot with my Legendary Armor with Templates and Fashion Wars.

Thank you!

I legit asked my friend who got me into this game (almost 8 years now!) about this and he told me that you'd have to swap it, etc. I love this! I have been working on getting Legendary armor for each weight class but when the template first came out and I couldn't do such, I was discouraged and just about gave up completely on doing more Legendary armor/weapons. I LOVE THIS!

Would absolutely love this feature, however I'm not sure how much I would use it if the ability to set different skins per character isn't implemented.

I like having unique looks and if I'm unable to do that across multiple characters I don't think I would use this feature much outside of testing potential builds and theorycrafting here and there.

But if skins are able to be set per character per piece of legendary armor/weps without draining transmutes outside of initially setting the skin, this might be the best quality of life feature ever released for myself in the game.

Well, you're basically telling people that if they made 1 full set of Legendary Armor, you are going to give them 2 free sets of the same weight. How could anyone not like that?

Seriously, please point out anyone who objects to this - I'll swat them with a choya-balloon.

But as others have said, will we be able to transmute the look on individual characters? How about on individual gear templates on the same character? I'm starting to feel like the pig asking for syrup, but might as well shoot for the moon.

What about legendary weapon that is equipped in multiple equipment "templates" and swapping temporarily to other weapon? When swapping to weapon in inventory (e.g. warhorn for swiftness, mace/mace for cc for next encounter, etc), runes and infusions get pulled out from the weapon in equipment template and I have to put them all back, fixing the "template". Using ascended weapons would solve this issue but this is kind of bad design in first place when legendary gear is less convenient... legendary weapon and sigil+infusion interaction between multiple equipment templates and inventory is just terrible. It is not an issue with armor/trinkets as swapping those doesn't happen that often compared to weapons.It would be nice if there was at least reset button for equipment templates that worked even after closing the hero panel. Reset button for build templates is useless, too, as it works only as long as the hero panel is opened.

yes, yes, and again: YES! this will especially save a lot of time for WvW-Players to switch classes and their equipment. It already costs a lot of time to even build the legendary armor for each armor class, so i guess many people won´t build that armor for every character. so switching the pieces into an account-wide armory is a very welcoming feature. but i heavily suggest to separate the runes, sigills and infusions inside the armory, so each character can choose which set exactly want to use, without always throwing the upgrades from character to character when moving the gear around. So, at least everything in the armory should be saved per character, and everything that is put into an account-wide equipment-set should be stored in the armory, including the current stat-configuration for each character. also, just as it has been said before: the skin configuration should also be stored, in best case without using transmutes to keep the unique look for each character.

@Dumat.1479 said:I have a question: I have 9 legendary armor sets, 9 legendary backpacks, a lot of weapons. What compensation will I get when this update comes?

You have had the use of 9 legendary armor sets and 9 legendary backpacks, and benefited from everything that brought up until the time of this update. Why exactly do you think you need 'compensation'? Do players who crafted multiple ascended sets for their alts that didn't have legendary armor also get compensated?

Seriously, I was making a joke on my other post, but someone hand me a Choya balloon.

on one had this is amazing great for convience .... on the other hand this is a nail in the coffin for players that like to play market wars or even farm for materials to sell....also its going to be a slight woops to players that have grided out multiple legendary sets .... i know of a few players that do have 2 or more sets of legendarys so they dont have to swap between characters as much.

but down to the nitty gritty.whats going to happen is this : for the first few months there is going to be a material rush for crafting, or there is going to be a lot of legendarys sold they will raise in price til people get there one copy of each one ....all of these prices are going to skyrocket thethere is going to be an increase in bot farmers and there might be a decrease in overall supply

then once the majority of players get that one copy, legendarys are going to hold the price till people are unwilling to pay for them so they will start tanking in value quicklysubsqunetly the demand for materials will decrease as less people will need to craft anymore than one of each legendary for collections. so the material market will drop as an effect.

so i both like but i really actually hate this idea.

Ok so sounds like these are becoming an account unlock that is handled differently for each character? eg: On my guard I'll have my flameseeker prophecies with berserker stats but on my chronomancer i'll have it but it will be different stats. So does this mean, in theory, any character that hits level 80 will automatically be able to use a personalised version of an unlocked legendary? Because I have 20 toons slots, I'm going to make more, most of my gold gets spent on gearing new characters. If I could dodge that cost by having legendaries that aren't restricted to one character or needing to be banked and taken out to be used on others... I might actually start giving a crap about legendaries.

Next up - harvesting tool slots to be account based rather than character based? Then I'll actually get some unbreakable harvesting tools too =D

I like this implementation but as far as the build templates go, I still don't like how they are set up. I would like to push one button and have my full build and equipment tied to it. I don't like having to select equipment set and build set separately. Also PLEASE make the ability to turn of legendary effects a reality! Especially those annoying trinket effects. Here's a thought on how to handle the skins. have the ability to clothe every character in whatever skins you prefer, then have a checkbox on the armor and weapon slot to show the actual skin or not, if its not shown then it shows the skin you have chosen. Put the same checkbox on trinkets to show or not show effects. I have just about finished my 4th set of leg armor (my first pvp set) I really don't care that I will have made more than the 3 weights in legendary armors and will continue to work on PVP and WVW leg armors simply for the skins...because FASHION WARS! :) You could implement an achievement for crafting the other armor sets and other legendary items to incentivize people to continue to make them or 'compensate' those who already have? IDK just an idea.