Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

This sounds like a great Idea! But Im on the way to my 8th set of legendary armor.

So please add a system to get a refund for the additional crafted gear and spended pvp/wvw currency, because it will all be totally useless after the system will be implemented. We're talking about multiple thousends of gold that alot of ppl spend to craft legendary stuff for all of their professions.

Not sure how it could work as cultural armor could break it but is it possible to have different skins on each slot for legendary gear? I'm sure its been heavily requested already, but part of me also would rather craft extra ascended sets just to have separate fashion on other characters.

Previously Ive been saying to my guildies it wasnt really worth getting legendary armor/weapons for wvw at least, unless you plan on doing a lot of build testing and have extra mats/gold. Even still the cost of crafting even expensive stats with ascended and stat converting/buying new runes+ buying extra equipment slots is probably better and cheaper for most players (or more realistically, reward track exotic armor).

Being able to conveniently share the leges across other characters will make it more worthwhile now, looking forward to this change thanks for adding more great qol!

Hey Fire Attunement,

I think this is a fantastic move for a number of reason. It's very rewarding for veteran players. People who have played Fractals, Raids, and eventually even Strike Missions are bound to have heaps of Ascended Gear piling up (I know I do). For those of us who have put in that little bit of extra time and commitment to chase Legendary Items, this sounds fantastic. Also, since one of the defining features of GW2 is absence of Gear Treadmill, this feels like a very clear and set end goal. I know a big reason why I am willing to support the game through the cash shop is because I know if I have to take a break from the game that investment isn't wasted. I can come back anytime. A lot of my friends temporarily moved to other games and with the announcement of a future expansion (hopefully within a year or two), they came back. They were able to flawlessly step back into Raids and try the new Strike Missions without having to worry about gear.

I am sure this update will be overall positive no matter what, but there are a couple points I have questions about and others may even have concerns about:

1. How does this system interact with cosmetics? I currently have all 6 Equipment Templates Unlocked, and they do not each have their own individual Wardrobe functions. This makes sense in a lot of ways, because you are placing actual items in individual templates, however with the addition of Legendaries in their own Equipment-like Wardrobe, will we be able to set Individual Styles for each Template?
  2. How does this work for Sigils, I myself have 6 runes and 4 sigils. Will people be able to craft only one of each and use them in multiple slots? If a Legendary Breather comes out will I need to craft that last additional rune? And I know this last one is unlikely and not necessarily deserved but, would we received compensation for additional runes crafted/could we trade extras ones in if we no longer need them?
  3. Will I be able to retrieve my Legendaries from this Wardrobe?? I like the fact that you can retrieve equipment from the current build loadouts and place it back in your inventory and I worry about your the accomplishment crafting your Legendary Items beginning to feel intangible, if it's just consumed the same way a BLTC Cosmetic or Novelty Item is.

Thanks for all your hard work!

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Dumat.1479 said:I have a question: I have 9 legendary armor sets, 9 legendary backpacks, a lot of weapons. What compensation will I get when this update comes?

That’s not how this works

Even tho, they should consider us, that's a lot of money spent on something that will become absolutely worthless.I personally have 4 extra sets, 1 from raids 3 from WvW on leggendary base, that's about 8k of gold going to the trash can?

Hopefully they add something to exchange or so for us.

So am I going to be reimbursed the thousands of gold I spent making multiple sets of Legendary armor? And the materials, skirmish tickets for WvW duplicate sets, Memories of Battle, etc. Nice feature but you are neglecting the players who pushed hard to equip their toons in the best armor but now are being told you wasted your gold and materials. Any answer to this?

@Heibi.4251 said:So am I going to be reimbursed the thousands of gold I spent making multiple sets of Legendary armor? And the materials, skirmish tickets for WvW duplicate sets, Memories of Battle, etc. Nice feature but you are neglecting the players who pushed hard to equip their toons in the best armor but now are being told you wasted your gold and materials. Any answer to this?

You don't have to use the templates across different characters, that's what you will continue to have that other people do not have with this new feature. Legendary armor has always been absolute luxury and convenience, making multiples has never been of any advantage to you other than not having to swap between chars - exactly the same as after this change.

I wish it worked with ascended items too. When I'm making a new build, I'd like to just have all my gear in one spot and sort of more organized than in my bank tabs. If it just had a tab I could open on any character with all my gear on my account (ascended and legendary) then it would be much easier to know what I need to buy versus what I already have. Example: I made a few new builds after the balance patch this month and ended up buying an ascended ring I found later on an alt. I basically lost 250 memories of battle.

It'd just be nice to have a system a little bit better for gear and builds instead of doing it all myself in my bank. Its a lot of searching and quite time consuming when I Just want to play or test a new build.

Hi @"Fire Attunement.9835",

This is really GREAT news. Now having legendary items are really worth the investment on both money and time. However I have a couple of questions:

1. Is this feature going to be completely free or are we going to have to pay to "unlock" slots. I think that crafting legendary is expensive enough to lock this really cool functionality under more payment.
  2. How is this going to interact with skins? Sharing legendary items across all characters is absolutely good, but it would be just perfect if we have an option to personalize every character (or even better, every gear template) as we want (so that my raid Weaver and my WvW have different skins for example).

Regards and THANKS!

Absolutely thrilled about this. I was holding off on my 6th armor set since announcement couple a months ago. Things are really looking on the bright side anet! I've been wanting this for years as long as it implemented well.
Will 1 rune and 1 sigil be enough or will we have to have 6 runes and/or 4 sigils for complete build? Also will 1 handed weapons be limited to 1 slot or can it be used twice?

Does this mean that if I have 3 sets of WvW legendary armour on my account, that I have no need to collect the PvE or PvE legendary armour (except for the skins)?

EDIT to add : mixed feelings ... great QoL feature, because I have 3 sets of WvW legendary armour, 1 set of PvE legendary armour, about half of the legendary weapons, 2 legendary back items, both legendary accessories and a WvW legendary ring. But it seems like it kills my need to do PvE raiding (maybe? Hard to know for sure) cuz I was planning to get 2 more sets (medium and light). I guess I need to see all the detail to know for sure.

I agree with everyone worried about how skins will be handled by this system.

Not all players may want to have the same skins across different characters, and racial armor literally makes it impossible for some skin configurations to even be available to everyone in the first place.

Anet should consider the possibility of designing Legendary Armory to store/ memorize different skins for different characters. This would also make the cosmetic hunting side of GW2 to be more exciting, so it would be a win-win for everyone, I think.

@Dumat.1479 said:I have a question: I have 9 legendary armor sets, 9 legendary backpacks, a lot of weapons. What compensation will I get when this update comes?

Why do you feel entitled to any? This is the same as people demanding they get compensated when an expac goes on sale 4 years after release simply because they bought it at release. Those people aren't entitled to anything and neither are you.