We should probably look at Lightning Rod

RegudonNA.4630

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Just play staff/staff bunker thief it’ll beat ele builds 1v1 for 5s and can even 1v2 2 eles in 2s no matter how high their rating

Lol u and ur staff DD, u always make it sound so strong like its top tier. Problem? Just staff/staff DD it lol

I play pretty much any thief build. Only real reason I’m on staff/staff rn is because it’s only thief build that works for 2s, also sometimes ppl in ats sometimes benefit from a side noder which I can do perfectly fine on staff/staff rn.Reason 1/30 thief’s on staff?? I don’t even get it at least on NA there doesn’t seem to be that many thief mains in top tier and the ones that are actually there I can usually outplay on staff. Staff has been decent for like past 6 seasons can name multiple staff thief’s in plat3- legend multiple did it solo q

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Well back to core elementalist since everyone wants to hammer the kitten class into non-existence. Got FA nerfed, got Fire weaver nerfed, got water sword nerfed, celestial DD nerfed, cantrips, useless traits, obsidian reworked four times, staff doing no damage, frostbow no damage, focus are only defense lifeline, ToF pointless, stability gutted.

When are y'all gonna GIVE??? Look what you did to scrapper?? Look what you did to mirage, to scourge, gunflame, Warrior dagger, most of the spell breaker skills, Steal, Core Guardian AND Dragonhunter, Chronomancer. The list is practically endless with what THESE particular forums has caused. I actually need to know when is enough is enough, because, my word, we can't have ANY specializations do anything unique unless it is like Core Revenant/Renegade tier. And this is going for ALL classes at this point, not just my mains or other people's mains. The worst part is Anet LISTENS to this and actually believes this is constructive.

Almost none of those nerfs were bad things though. LoL.

Yea and some of those were destroyed in the process. Let's look at the number of scourges, chronos, DHs that pop up now. I'll wait. Nobody wants to play butchered classes. Period.

@RegudonNA.4630 said:Trait does quite a bit of damage and applies weakness - one of the strongest conditions In the game.

Theres been other complaints about earth shield (which is fine) but the the complaints come from lightning rod. There have been complaints about shocking aura and lightning hammer... when the problems come from lightning rod.

It does too much and is flying under the radar.

I'm fine with the damage & weakness.

I believe the problem lies more within the CC spam. Way too much access, way too much uptime, way too much duration.

@RegudonNA.8210 said:but good point regudonna lr is very oppressive and does 2-3k crits on heavy classes with toughness amulet

I'm not commenting on LR, but this is funny. In the Ranger's thread, people said the damage was nerfed way too much. Nerfed the crit from 10k+ down to 8k means deleting the ranger.

Now on this Ele thread, people complains about 2-3k damage. That's like, less than the auto attack chain from some classes.

CC definitely needs some nerfs. But complaining about LR damage? :P LOL

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Well back to core elementalist since everyone wants to hammer the kitten class into non-existence. Got FA nerfed, got Fire weaver nerfed, got water sword nerfed, celestial DD nerfed, cantrips, useless traits, obsidian reworked four times, staff doing no damage, frostbow no damage, focus are only defense lifeline, ToF pointless, stability gutted.

When are y'all gonna GIVE??? Look what you did to scrapper?? Look what you did to mirage, to scourge, gunflame, Warrior dagger, most of the spell breaker skills, Steal, Core Guardian AND Dragonhunter, Chronomancer. The list is practically endless with what THESE particular forums has caused. I actually need to know when is enough is enough, because, my word, we can't have ANY specializations do anything unique unless it is like Core Revenant/Renegade tier. And this is going for ALL classes at this point, not just my mains or other people's mains. The worst part is Anet LISTENS to this and actually believes this is constructive.

Almost none of those nerfs were bad things though. LoL.

Yea and some of those were destroyed in the process. Let's look at the number of scourges, chronos, DHs that pop up now. I'll wait. Nobody wants to play butchered classes. Period.

Scourge can stay dead in PvP for all I care, DH is perfectly fine, chrono was indeed an unnecesseary casuality, however after the patch it's playable again. If LR gets some nerfs (and not the smitersboon treatment), it can still be viable.

@Sunshine.5014 said:

@RegudonNA.8210 said:but good point regudonna lr is very oppressive and does 2-3k crits on heavy classes with toughness amulet

I'm not commenting on LR, but this is funny. In the Ranger's thread, people said the damage was nerfed way too much. Nerfed the crit from 10k+ down to 8k means deleting the ranger.

Now on this Ele thread, people complains about 2-3k damage. That's like, less than the auto attack chain from some classes.

CC definitely needs some nerfs. But complaining about LR damage? :P LOL

And it's a grandmaster trait at that...

To play Ele is to be masochistic

What you on about Core Revenant/Renegade? Condi was cut in half even thought it didn't need to be and one power burst can only come every 12 seconds or so yet it's more than playable for those who know what they are doing.

LR is definitely unhealthy as it's spammable, more spammable than people have evades for. If you believe that saying LR should only proc on an interrupt is not constructive, not sure what you could ever consider balanced.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:can i please get lightning rod on mesmer instead of power block pretty please

Sure...just give away your stealth, your medium base HP, your clones, your distortion, your teleports...you can take lightning rod...take also fresh air plus any other thing you'd like, I am 100% down to it if the devs are

no just lightning rod thanks

Hold on. Are we talking about LR weaver? Shocking aura spam tempest? And are we just taling about "fun to play against" or actual OPness?

I am getting mixed signals here. I even read blind spam on ele...? People annoyed by some S/F arcane build too...?

1. I do not think many LR builds are a problem. It might be strong in some situations, so reduce damage a little, reduce weakness duration maybe. Some builds heavily rely on Shocking aura as a life saver versus certain builds. The aura should not be changed.

2. Looking at Shocking aura share and Lightning hammer Tempest: Well, it has a very clear weakness (conditions), but I might agree there are some too many stuns on it. Maybe check Hammer (and/or shield pull for that matter)?

3. LR weaver? Though I believe damage reduction and weakness duration would do the trick. Weaver only brings one CC to the table after all. Maybe Mud slide should only CC once in general, just like Slick shoes.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"MyPuppy.8970" said:Will there be any good trait left? Even with LR, Ele damage is far from crazy...

Nope...they will go complain about fire weaver after lightning rod...."too much burning still" they will say..then they will jump on water weaver...."too much sustain still"...then will jump on tempest..."too much..huh...cleansing yeah"...then they will jump on core ele :-) ..."too much..huh...well..whatever is left to nerf"...basically no..

This is why I'm worried about nerf threads.

Once someone gets a bit of blood in their mouth they get a taste for the nerfs and some won't stop until a class is gutted, because some is out of pure spite.

There is also misinformation too about what is overperforming and what is actually performing as required.

There is also the wrong information about specs EG necro nerf threads asking to nerf the wrong things such as nerfing all sustain traits which would make them free kills and all stealth for thieves which would gut them.

The exaggeration also without any video which is pretty easy to record btw with obs. a small video can show the performance and what your tactic is and what the tactic said the class is using against you.

how are we supposed to know what ability, for instance, the necro/thief/ranger/Mesmer/warrior/engineer/revenant guardian etc uses? I described some stuff for instance when I fought revenant, but there could have been minute details I missed when fighting the rev about what he used, and in a video, people can point it out.

@RegudonNA.4630 said:Trait does quite a bit of damage and applies weakness - one of the strongest conditions In the game.

Theres been other complaints about earth shield (which is fine) but the the complaints come from lightning rod. There have been complaints about shocking aura and lightning hammer... when the problems come from lightning rod.

It does too much and is flying under the radar.

That's a vague and customized complaint.

Lightning Rod is fine. If It's too much on weaver, you have a weaver problem. More likely you wish to work less for a win than others.

Doing damage and applying weakness for 3 secs on a hard CC (which are on long CD's, except Weaver air), and they aren't spammable fyi. You can chain the ones you have, but it's a short chain. The damage is so pitiful, I believe you to be trolling, or a sore loser.

People complain about whiners, but in reality they complain about you.