Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

nice, this is something like what i thought of when templates were first announced. personally i made 3 sets of ascended heavy armor with different stats thinking id swap them around and get 6 or 7 builds out of them, when in reality i rarely go thru the effort of actually moving the armor. now that im slowly workin on getting legendary pvp armor this QoL feature sounds quite nice. but as others have said make sure wardrobe was taken into account. different characters with different builds want to look different.

Could be amazing ! What could really be great is that legendary items have their class atributes memorized for each templateIncluding : -1 Skin-2 Stats-3 Color-4 SignetThis will make legendary stuff WAAAY more rewarding and great to useIf it's impossible du to how the game is coded, you can always add a feature to legendary armor where someone can Right click on it -> duplicate and get a copy of the armor account binded non recyclable and not sellable.

Will I actually be able to use the items on multiple characters at the same time or will it ask, when I equip my legy sword on Warrior when it's already being used by my Weaver, "Are you sure? Sword will be removed from Weavername's template x?"

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

Here’s a quick description of how it will work—when you bind a legendary item to your account, it will be added to the Legendary Armory. Any legendary item that is added to the Legendary Armory will become available for use by all the characters across your entire account at the same time. This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory. This feature will also come with updates to Equipment Template functionality to make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template to another template on the same character.

Here are our goals for the Legendary Armory feature:

• Make it feel more valuable to earn and use legendary equipment, while also making it easier to use legendary items with the Equipment Template feature.
  • Remove the need for players to swap account-bound legendary items between characters.
  • Make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template tab to another template on the same character.

Let us know your thoughts in this thread. Thank you all!

This is pretty darn cool! TY!

I have a question... After this update goes in I will have a TON of excess ascended gear that I will not need to use, so would it be possible for the team to consider letting us salvage all ascended armors, ascended weapons and ascended trinkets down to their base materials and the various currencies used? Would be super amazing if we could!

Actually this is a really amazing idea! but I think there should be an item, maybe sold by a specific merchant, that can salvage all the legendaries that we won't use anymore, (like some people said in the previous posts that they have more than one legendary set, even two or three sets only for heavy armor) and "refund them" with the materials needed to craft them.Another tip like other people say, is an option to toggle on or off the visual effects of legendary trinkets and make this future "Legendary Armory" re-skinnable per each character.

By the way, good idea ^^

@"Delita Silverburg.8632" said:You're throwing out terms like entitled and being condescending when people are just asking questions. I won't speak for anyone else, but if you look back to my original post, you'll notice that it was framed in the form of a question. I'm being rational and asking a question because this change has impact on people directly in a financial way. If Anet chooses to not do anything about the change, that's totally fine in my book. It's their product after all.

Here's the original comment I replied to, I'm going to quote it right now. "I have a question: I have 9 legendary armor sets, 9 legendary backpacks, a lot of weapons. What compensation will I get when this update comes?" This person isn't asking IF they can get any compensation, they are jumping directly to "What compensations will I be getting." That is literally the definition of entitlement.

@Nayaru.4716 said:Ok so sounds like these are becoming an account unlock that is handled differently for each character? eg: On my guard I'll have my flameseeker prophecies with berserker stats but on my chronomancer i'll have it but it will be different stats. So does this mean, in theory, any character that hits level 80 will automatically be able to use a personalised version of an unlocked legendary? Because I have 20 toons slots, I'm going to make more, most of my gold gets spent on gearing new characters. If I could dodge that cost by having legendaries that aren't restricted to one character or needing to be banked and taken out to be used on others... I might actually start giving a kitten about legendaries.

Next up - harvesting tool slots to be account based rather than character based? Then I'll actually get some unbreakable harvesting tools too =D

This ^

Be careful what you wish for.I want to know what will be the hidden cost to players for this?

Will we have to pay gems for each armory slot for each character?Pay to re-transmute the skins?

I’m sure that anet are planning some sort of way they can monetize this and it’s not going to be as simple as free legendary gear swaps per character.

I see a lot of people are upset due to the belief that this update invalidates the time/materials/gold they placed into creating duplicate sets of legendary army for the same weight class. But, should ANet not update and improve their game for the majority of players, just to sait your desire to be compensated for your own overly zealousness and lack of forsight? I mean, the work you placed into these multiple sets IS impressive, and it DID benifet you, why not just leave it at that?

Because you did put the extra effort into it that others didn't, you DID get to have your duplicate legendaries on multiple characters before the majority of players could. And having done so, DID make your game play easier and more rewarding: ie all those fights you wouldnt have won, if your armor didnt give you the extra edge, or the ability to have all of your characters proudly flaunt the fruits of your blood sweat and tears.

So one could argue, that you already recieved your compensation. If you want ANet to return the mats you used to make the armor, maybe you should return the achievements, gold, mats, and respect you recieved while wearing them all this time. No?

Progress unfortunately always leaves some at a disadvantage, thats the nature of the beast. But the world is a better place for it, and so will be the world of Tryia. "Sorry, not sorry, Reese's."

I have made very harsh critique is the past about the whole template system, but I think this is a good start into fixing this build/equipment mess. It sounds quite complicated considering a lot of things (skins -especially cultural armor-, legendary runes and sigils etc) but I just want to ask you to make as simple as possible and not a bloated clicking fiesta. As long it's not as useless as the revert button, this is a Very welcomed change.

My only genuinely concern is how the game will feel for veterans when you need only 1 crafted legendary armor for every character (that uses the samr weight). RIP ascended I guess?

Ps: Fix the revert button so loadouts can be actually templates

Ps2: A lot of people have crafted multiple legendary gear. Please consider them somehow.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

Here’s a quick description of how it will work—when you bind a legendary item to your account, it will be added to the Legendary Armory. Any legendary item that is added to the Legendary Armory will become available for use by all the characters across your entire account at the same time. This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory. This feature will also come with updates to Equipment Template functionality to make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template to another template on the same character.

Here are our goals for the Legendary Armory feature:

• Make it feel more valuable to earn and use legendary equipment, while also making it easier to use legendary items with the Equipment Template feature.
  • Remove the need for players to swap account-bound legendary items between characters.
  • Make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template tab to another template on the same character.

Let us know your thoughts in this thread. Thank you all!

Honestly this is the best idea you guys ever had, now i have a reason to make a second and third legy set when you implement this.