Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

Yeah this was exactly my idea from 2 years ago:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/38938/suggestion-armory-for-account-bound-gear

Tl;dr a tandem to the bank, the Armory stores items so that multiple characters can equip and use the same account bound items without hassle to unequip/equip upon login/logout, and the Armory items are always available from the Hero window.

What an amazing update!!! Keep up the good work!I also have a suggestion on legendary trinkets:With the recent update we got two legendary trinkets that have two different versions: Slumbering (without visual effect) and standard (with visual effect).So it would be nice to have such variants for previous legendary trinkets as well e.g. Slumbering Aurora. There also should be possibility to swap between those two variants after unlocking them

The first thing that comes to mind when reading this is that it will be a great QoL feature. Personally I never felt compelled to make weapons other than staves,swords, and axes as far as weapons , whereas the armor + backpieces were worth it.

I'm not sure how or if it will be monetized, however. If it is intended to augment equipment templates (and presumably build templates) , those have to be competitively priced with character slots even moreso when more than a few are purchased. If the legendary armory is set in place, then people will compare templates against character slots even more, you already see it in this thread. At the very least, the datamined 10 equipment template increased limit ought to be implemented. On average the past few years the game has made roughly 16 million USD a quarter (21K million KRW), so such a feature would need to help restore 4 million USD a quarter (5K million KRW) since 2019 was roughly 15K million KRW a quarter.

As far as the feature itself :Legendary weapons have much higher uptake than armor, so this makes legendary staves, swords, axes, and greatswords more viable.

• From gw2efficiency, the most popular is Twilight at just under 39K unlocks (16.5%) , Sunrise at just under 34K (14%), Bolt at 24K (10.5%), Bifrost at 23.6K (10%) , Incinerator 23K (<10%), Nevermore 18.5K (~ 8%).
  • only 2.5K (just over 1%) of gw2efficiency has Twice-Told Legend , i.e. duplicate legendary weapons

There's a lot of complaints by edge cases in this thread, but as far as armor goes, there's just under 9% (19.6K) of the gw2efficiency base that has legendary armor collection II done in PvE but only around 9-10K (~4%) with an envoy armor unlock. So those with multiple sets more than 3 are probably a subset of a subset.There's no achievement for legendary WvW/PvP armor but if you look at the amount of people with mistforged pieces from either mode (which isn't required for legendary) I wouldn't think there's that many people with it either , especially since it provides no cosmetic benefit.

• Highest unlocked Mistforged PvP <1.5K (0.6%) , with alternative ardent glorious at under 10K (~3 to 4%)
  • Highest unlocked Mistforged WvW ~3K (1.3%) , with alternative triumphant hero at under 10K (~3-4%)Maybe if the legendary armory is implemented there should be a notation that the "basic" ascended versions from competitive modes can be made legendary as I have had to explain that to many people. In addition, PvE players may dabble in WvW because it's a must for Gift of Battle but generally avoid PvP so maybe amulet should have a WvW version in the future if not one from strikes/fractals or some other non openworld content.

From gw2efficiency only 7K (3%) has the WvW backpack, 18K (7.8%) has the legendary PvP backpack, and ~10% (22.7K) has legendary fractal backpack.Trinkets: Coalescence ~3.8K (1.7%) likely due to requiring Dhuum raid , Vision ~ 7.5K (3.4%) , Aurora <21K (~9.6%)

Realistically from the gw2efficiency sample size it only affects roughly top 10% of players , and maybe only 4% if you count armor+weapon+2 trinkets. With the release of ring in WvW , probably a higher portion of the playerbase will have rings.

To properly ROI on such a system (even if not directly monetized but instead through equipment templates), proper wardrobe and outfit interaction needs to occur. That's going to be helpful twofold: the appeal to any skins is lost with a legendary armory that isn't able to do wardrobe changes per character and the draw to ascended for someone who has legendary is different looks. For a gemstore intent on selling weapon and armor skins and not just outfits that has to be thoroughly ironed out before this makes it to the live server. Do not try to roll this out and bugfix it as you go.

Speaking of which, a way to turn off effects for weapons / trinkets would be stellar.

My minor question: how will this impact the 'Twice-Told Legend' title? Will it be retired or obtained some other way?

At this point I don't think there's a great way to implement a refund for people that crafted multiples of the same set, it may have to be a case of "be a decent person and be happy that the system was improved for those that came after you." Any refund or compensation they give isn't gonna satisfy everyone, because even if they 100% refunded materials, some people gathered themselves and some people spent gold on it, some people converted RL money to gold for it, there's a time factor involved that can never be restored, etc.

I'd like to see them offer those people some kind of compensation, but It's gonna cause howling from some players no matter what they do, unfortunately. But I think it's an excellent idea all around, and a good way to encourage people to get more people involved in raids, PvP, or WvW.

You did the 3rd usefull thing after the wardrobe and wallet, well done. But what about to make the "pve raid lege armors" available to everyone that dont belong in the secret comunities of raids. you have a whole game and you dont know what is happening under your nose.I stoped play gw2 6 months ago and i will not buy expansion or gw3 because now i know that you listen only to the burn out ones, you want money withought thinking everyone. you want to satisfy only the selfish ones that dont spend money to you... well here you go.You could simple add raid difficulty scales adjustments make it easier for the majority of players that want the armors or make it accessable out of the raid but with longer time gates. To have all the items but not access to raid after a 1 year is hilarious. Do something for the rest of us too.

Excellent idea.

I've seen a couple state that if you have a single armor set, every class can now use it. If thats true, it's probably the only thing i would change. If you have a legendary "heavy armor"-set, only Warrior, Guard and Rev should be able to use it. (Weapons should be free for all ofc)

This way you'll keep more "content" for people that rolls new characters and people who already have multiple sets wont be hit as hard.

@"Malsheem.1794" said:Excellent idea.

I've seen a couple state that if you have a single armor set, every class can now use it. If thats true, it's probably the only thing i would change. If you have a legendary "heavy armor"-set, only Warrior, Guard and Rev should be able to use it. (Weapons should be free for all ofc)

This way you'll keep more "content" for people that rolls a new character and people who already have multiple sets wont be hit as hard.

Legendary armor will be account wide, this doesnt mean equipment restrictions are lifted. Heavy legendary armor remains a heavy armor set and light/medium wont be able to use it.

@"foozlesprite.8051" said:My minor question: how will this impact the 'Twice-Told Legend' title? Will it be retired or obtained some other way?

At this point I don't think there's a great way to implement a refund for people that crafted multiples of the same set, it may have to be a case of "be a decent person and be happy that the system was improved for those that came after you." Any refund or compensation they give isn't gonna satisfy everyone, because even if they 100% refunded materials, some people gathered themselves and some people spent gold on it, some people converted RL money to gold for it, there's a time factor involved that can never be restored, etc.

I'd like to see them offer those people some kind of compensation, but It's gonna cause howling from some players no matter what they do, unfortunately. But I think it's an excellent idea all around, and a good way to encourage people to get more people involved in raids, PvP, or WvW.

How will 'twice told legend' title be affected? Not too sure but what I think will happen is that if you have for example 1 legendary dagger, your gear template page can only use that 1 legendary dagger, not equip 2 of them on the same page. So if you have 6 gear templates on 1 character, each gear template page can use 1 legendary dagger.

Edit: That or twice told legend could be changed to having for example: 1 gen 1 legendary dagger and 1 gen 2 legendary dagger, thats also an option.

This is a VERY welcome change, although like everybody else, I do have a few questions about how it's all going to work.

1. Will this apply to ALL Legendary equipment? Weapons, Armor, Backpacks, Trinkets, Upgrades? I ask because this change seems like the perfect remedy for trinkets and backpacks (because there's no way to craft duplicates of them to date due to crucial components being locked behind one-time achievement rewards), but weapons and armor could already be crafted multiple times, and it proved a useful economic sink.

2. Are there any plans to provide some compensation/reimbursement for players who already have multiple sets of Legendary gear? (Excluding, of course, stuff like having one Light set, one Medium set, one Heavy set etc.) Probably the simplest way is to allow players to "break down" an existing set of Legendary gear back into its individual ingredients. As somebody who currently has 2 Light armor sets, this would be a welcome boon, although of course I'm aware that allowing this would also mean flooding a LOT of gold and mats back onto the market and so it may not be feasible for economic reasons.

3. For characters that are sharing the same Legendary armor/weapons, will it be possible to preserve character-specific skins/dyes/infusions to avoid having to re-dye/re-customize the same Legendary gear every time it's swapped?

All in all though, I am definitely pleased and looking forward to this change. :)

I had a disturbingly cynical thought as I was drifting off to sleep last night : what if, like in the past, they have only told us about the benefits of the system, and not the costs. What if, in order to do use this feature, you have to buy gear and template loadouts from the gemstore (and the prices remain the same)? Would people still like this QoL feature? Would they use it? Would they only use/like it if the gemstore prices for the unlocks were cheaper? Or does this "upgrade" to the loadout system make the gemstore costs palatable?

Under what conditions would you NOT use this feature. And similarly, under what conditions would you use it?

Sorry to the people who have put so much work into the planning, coding and testing of this feature, but "the old leadership" (that have apparently moved on) would probably expect people to pay for access to it (or at least, this is my impression). Has the leadership of Anet changed enough that this is no longer the case? We are certainly seeing some great updates to the game lately. Maybe I can hope?

I dont really get why people with multiple sets ask for compensation/refund.Didnt you already statswap a lot with all your leggy sets? Yes, you did. Didnt you already benefit greatly from the huge QoL free statswapping provided? Yes, you did. And before someone asks, I have many leggy sets, from wvw. Yes, I got my money's worth from leggy statswapping, theory crafting, you name it.

I'm seeing 'refund' a lot in this thread for multiple sets. I too would like to see something in return for my investment in multiple sets. of legendary armor.

If the implementation allowed us to add the first piece of armor type to the new system and extras could be exchanged at a merchant, I would be content. You could even give me an option to gamble and I'd take it - give me a choice between a partial return on gold value or keys and I might choose the keys for fun.

I'm happy for everyone who benefits from this, but it is pretty useless for me since I have a legendary armor set on every character that needs one. What I crave for, however, are equipment template slots, so an option to turn redundant armor pieces into template slots would be great.

Just a note for those who complain about having crafted two daggers or two swords or whatever.

The system does not sound like the wardrobe. It effectively puts your legendaries into shared equipment slots. So while this system sounds like it will allow you to use your weapons on more than one character at a time if you want to equip two legendary daggers then you will still need two legendary daggers.

It also does not sound like different characters can have different skins on the same equipment as the skins (and dye job for armor) are a part of the piece of equipment and not part of the equipment loadout. This means that you may still want to keep ascended weapons and armour for customisability.

I do feel for those who made multiple sets of legendary armour. I suspect that the only extra you'll get is the ability to keep multiple skins and dye jobs on your armour.

Edit: BTW I'm happy to see this and it'll encourage me to craft legendaries again.

is this a joke? or Anet wanna suicide? then why not a pvp armor sistem for pve so no need of armors at all uahauah? u sure to stay well? "This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory" and this is the main reason ..lazyness?? auhauah like shared and bank tabs are not on gems on tp ? so most pp that will buy for space does need anymore? also this is a suicide for the game one of the endgame for a character is to have the ultimate gear but if i take 1 and is for an account what this matter anymore? u want to make legy whorty make their skin changeable whit no wardrobe currency, make them more powerfull than ascendet but not this suicide... and i have only 1 set so this is a good change for me but in longer time i tink this will kill the game more than other, or the idea is to give us easy legy then a lot of TP cool skin to buy?

If everything you read here and I understood correctly - this is by far the best announcement in a long time or even at all (for GW2 conditions)!

I wasn't really interested in the announcement of the new expansion, or the joy was limited. But this current announcement left me "basically speechless". A giant step in the right direction! ;)

The "issue" with the cumbersome, unsatisfactory and user-unfriendly handling of the templates (in general) has not been solved yet!

So much first!