Protest having to pay to travel to the Eyes of the North

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Linken.6345 said:

@"draxynnic.3719" said:Excellent. I'll focus on finishing the previous chapter with my remaining characters in the meantime.

It did seem a bit weird that a location which seemed to be intended to be visited repeatedly was the only one that you always had to pay to get to, whatever the "It doesn't matter!" crowd tried to say.

Let's not dip into fallacy here, shall we? When I TP to Lion's Arch from whatever map I'm working on, it costs silver to do so, and, it's had this cost since Day 1 of the game. "But I can ride for two hours through different maps and get there for free" notwithstanding, the TP cost has always been here, and, in particular, this one is being addressed.

You do know you can go into spvp lobby or wvw and take portal to lions arch for free from anywere right?So no need to ride for 2 hours through diffrent maps.And its been there since day 1 of game release.

I wouldn't ride for two hours, I'd just fast travel. It's a couple of silver, I made more working on map completion last night than I spent fast traveling yesterday overall. I was commenting on someone that had posted that they could ride through a map or two to get to a portal earlier in the thread.

LOL, people like to argue about the smallest thing. I'm happy to hear it'll be in the portal tome though because it's kinda weird having to use a WP. Feels wrong for some reason.

And like someone else said: you can reach Lion's Arch from anywhere by entering the PvP lobby (HotM) and using the Asura Gate to Lion's Arch.There's more though! From there you can WP for free to the gate hub in Lion's Arch (since intra-city travel is free) and use the Asura Gates to travel to any race's city.That plus the portal tomes are my primary ways of traveling somewhere near my real destination so I always have to pay less than 2 silver to get somewhere. :lol:Currently, with EotN, I travel to Bjora Marches via the tome then WP from there. Bitterfrost Frontier would work too; haven't checked which is cheaper.

I probably save one gold every few months or so by doing this!!

@Taylan.2187 said:LOL, people like to argue about the smallest thing. I'm happy to hear it'll be in the portal tome though because it's kinda weird having to use a WP. Feels wrong for some reason.

And like someone else said: you can reach Lion's Arch from anywhere by entering the PvP lobby (HotM) and using the Asura Gate to Lion's Arch.There's more though! From there you can WP for free to the gate hub in Lion's Arch (since intra-city travel is free) and use the Asura Gates to travel to any race's city.That plus the portal tomes are my primary ways of traveling somewhere near my real destination so I always have to pay less than 2 silver to get somewhere. :lol:Currently, with EotN, I travel to Bjora Marches via the tome then WP from there. Bitterfrost Frontier would work too; haven't checked which is cheaper.

I probably save one gold every few months or so by doing this!!

It's likely cheaper to use the HoM Portal Stone for EotN. (Waypoint cost from there is 1 Silver 18 Copper with Guild Waypoint discount.)(Whilst we await the addition to the Portal Scroll.)

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Kitich.4580 said:Well, I see no problem in paid WP for the story instance. Through, as it was said, this is going to be a hub. We are going to use it every day for strike missions, Anet wants us to invest into it, building upgrades. Remember the Sun's Refuge, which contained nothing but a few 1-time achievements. We had multiple teleports to it and nothing for Eyes of the North. Just I see no reason to invest. It's hard to call home the place with the paid entrance.

How many homes have you, in real life, that did not require payment for access? I pay every month for mine.

I have one and it's paid off, so I no longer pay for access.

Does your state, nation, etc require you to pay property taxes?

In my state your home will be taken away if you do not pay your property taxes.

I think it's pretty lame that you have to pay 50 gold just to unlock the banker there. I refuse to pay that. It's hard enough for me making gold in game. I'll just use the crafting stations. It's a bit of a further walk, but worth it to save 50 gold.

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:

@kratan.4619 said:Just LOL at complaining about WP costs after 7+years

If the played Eldrr Scrolls, they would have an absolute fit. The cost of fast travel in that game is high, and goes up a lot if you want to fast travel in quick succession.

Yeah but if you teleport from the way point itself its free. It's what do most of the time.

PoF was entirely a remote location from rest of Tyria besides story letting you go there and getting the Invitation for the Lily. HoT had a similar map location the Noble's Folly. Then your guild halls could be to the maps and serve as a cheaper way there. I recall a few places LWS3 being extra remotely accessible like Bloodstone Fen or Ember Bay, but you could get portal scrolls to into a tome for all your characters to share. Also EotN with all the accessibility and new Strike Mission guaranteeing you 50 silver a run plus whatever loot you get each run, that's really not an issue long term and makes for a great grind spot. In fact I'm comfortable with saying it's a better grind spot sooner than later while the crafting mat is newer to go for more on tp.