Helping new players to get gold

The primary advice I'd give is don't rush.

By that, I do not mean "don't bother with gearing" but instead "set relaxed goals". Mostly, don't aim for Ascended right away - the gain over exotic is nowhere near worth the huge amount of gold/work they take for a new player. Get those later, as you go.

To get Exotic gear, doing the dailies while leveling will easily cover a full set of exotics at 80.

During leveling - don't actually bother all that much. Equip what you get from story (assuming you're doing that) and leveling. Fill out/replace if you feel weak. However, on my leveling characters I often forget even to get trinkets despite those being ~half of your available stats.

@Linken.6345 said:Be on low level maps gather kitten and sell to people that dont have the time to be on lower level maps.

What he said. When I started, I made my first gold by selling butter. It looks like it only drops in low level maps, but is required to make high level food. Iron ore is also very profitable.

But in general, whatever you find, check if you can sell it on TP for good money. If not, salvage, and then sell mats.

I absolutely agree with the advice not to rush it, that also gives you time to work out what you actually want since in this game geting equipment with the right stats is more important than simply getting exotics or ascended, and the right stats depends on your build.

Also exotic equipment can be relatively cheap, so it may not need as much gold as a new player might expect. Especially if you use the advanced search options on the trading post instead of searching for a set name, or get some pieces from other sources like karma merchants, achievements or even drops.

Edit: For example I just checked and level 80 exotic armour with beserker's stats (power, precision, ferocity) is about 1-3g per piecce, meaning it would cost you about 10g for a full set. Weapons and jewellery are similar prices, but for trinkets you're better off using laurels to get ascended straight away since those make the biggest difference in stats and everyone with a paid account (of any kind) gets laurels from login rewards.

Ascended tier gear crafting uses materials from all levels in game. Some people open their loot bags on a lower level alt specifically to obtain midtier crafting materials which are more valuable than Max level drops. Therefore, the advice to take it easy, and attempt to sale in the trading post all material you acquire while levelling is sound. Furthermore, remember to salvage everything you can salvage as raw materials usually sell better than random low level gears.

Basic exotic sets are completely accessible from the trading post from doing dailies, so there's not much need to focus on making money.

He shouldn't really worry about gold as a new player. Until 80 just wear what you pick up. You get useful gear from personal story.Once he hits 80 he will have enough gold and stuff in his material storage to buy an exotic set. Salvage excess gear and gather mats as he lvls up. Low lvl materials are valuable. If he just sells all the Mystic Coins and materials he gets for login rewards (not for free to play) he should have more than enough.

1- If you don't intend to spend any gems->gold then you need to be patient and enjoy the game rather than focusing to achieve all of those top tier gear.2- Dailies will give you 2 gold a day and thats 60 gold every month.3- now you can sell your mystic coins to get some money since you ain't going to make a legendary anytime soon.4- Sell the mats you collect from OW and other game modes, I make around 20-30 gold from them every month when I play too much.5- No need to get ascended that fast, exotic would be fine for you.6- Keep in mind if you are new that most of the people are playing from old times so you either take your time or use the power of credit card.

When I was just starting out after hitting 80 on my first character I was clearing the pagga elder wood farm in malchor's leap every so often in addition to the daily achievements. It's not a huge amount, but it gets you a bit closer to that next piece of gear or bigger bags.

Hey.From my expirience as a new player from june 2019 to now.I think most profotable are

1. Auric Basin farm veterans, events + meta when this map have Shiny Bauble reward. (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shiny_Bauble) be sure you join farm train, I can sure you when Auric Basin have this reward there will be farm train 100%. This reward switch in HOT maps, but from my opinion only Auric Basin gives best profit.
  2. Dragonfall keys + events + meta farm. Also very big amount of gold from it.
  3. Silverwastes RIBA. You can check it in the article or google it. Also good.These methods require you to be in group so check LFG Tool, it's not hard to find group.

As for loot you are getting from farm I have one advice from my Guild Leader Eileen:

Piece of Unidentified gear - OpenPiece of Common Unidentified gear - Don't open, salvagePiece of Rare Unidentified gear - OpenPiece of wood, silk -> craft into planks and ignots -> sellAll Rare gear above 18 silver on the trading post -> sellAll Rare gear under 18 silver on the trading post ->salvage with Mystic Salvage Kit for globes of ectoplasm ->sellViuolate magic (wallet currency) use to buy Trophy Shipment at the violate magic vendor -> open-> sell (it's about Dragonfall)rest sell

Also do daily (2g each day) and there is Ranked PVP chest with gold, but it gives less then pve farm methods.There is a good article about gold farming also https://metabattle.com/wiki/Guide:Ways_to_Earn_Gold

you actually don't need much gold to get geared. like others said some gear sold on the tp is cheap and you will naturally get plenty of gold going through the motions.

you can get exotic gear from orr temple karma armor and wvw.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Temple_armorhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_Masterhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_Master_(NPC)

farming certain pvp/ wvw reward tracks gives you an armor piece with selectable stats as a final reward. you can also get ascended trinkets this way. use as many boosters you can get your hands on, if pvp do unranked and actually try to get better. I would recommend wvw though on a populated server. metabattle.com and youtube for builds/ tactics and gameplay on how/ what to do.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Desert_Reward_Trackhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bitterfrost_Frontier_Reward_Track

According to GW2 efficiency I'm a 1%er, but I have never 'farmed' gold. It is tricky for newer players though since you 'need' everything, while someone who has full storage on any item (like wood, blood, etc) can sell the excess for coin. I think I made about 20g selling Hardened Leather scraps last week, but I can do that because I have a full storage of that material, while a new player should save those mats so they can level crafting or use them for crafting.

So for a new player, don't worry about getting gold, just focus on getting the materials you need, farm every node (herb, wood and ore) you come across, and your resources will just come to you.

I remember when I was new, scrounging for globs of Ecto I needed for crafting, and now I'm often too lazy to bother salvaging yellows for a chance at ecto, and just dump rares weapons/armor into the TP for 19-20s each.