Suggestions for a newbie :)

fra.5241

Hi guys, I'm not familiar with Mirage and I'd like learning this Spec. In the last few years, I played only Chronomancer, but honesty I feel bored now.So, I've almost made a new ascended gear-set, but I've not chosen its stats yet. I love to play PvE contents like duo/solo roaming, events, living world story, world bosses and farming, sometimes also low fractals tiers. While looking for some build on MetaBattle I found two good different builds for Mirage: Viper Axe/x Infinite Horizon and Marauder Greatsword Farmer. What do you think of them?I prefer to arm myself with a versatile build over time and useful in more circumstances. Any suggestion?****

@fra.5241 said:Hi guys, I'm not familiar with Mirage and I'd like learning this Spec. In the last few years, I played only Chronomancer, but honesty I feel bored now.So, I've almost made a new ascended gear-set, but I've not chosen its stats yet. I love to play PvE contents like duo/solo roaming, events, living world story, world bosses and farming, sometimes also low fractals tiers. While looking for some build on MetaBattle I found two good different builds for Mirage: Viper Axe/x Infinite Horizon and Marauder Greatsword Farmer. What do you think of them?I prefer to arm myself with a versatile build over time and useful in more circumstances. Any suggestion?****

Axe viper mirage is good in all PvE content, including fractals and some raids.its OK in fractals, there are better builds but its solid.its meta in some raids, so its solid there too.GS is overall really fucking weak in im honest, its only good in open world where mobs die to 1hit, its fun and its good against mobs that die really fast, and since its long range aoe its very fast at killing shit mobs. but its no good for stronger content.GS would fit your needs right now REALLY well, but if you wanna move towards raids or better fractals you would have to change.Axe is just solid in pve.TLDR.GS mirage is good for weak pve content, garbage in tough content. But you can use GS chrono for tough content so GS is not a waste + its funAXE is OK in fractals, good in open world and very good in raids, I find it really fun and its meta.make your choice

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@fra.5241 said:Hi guys, I'm not familiar with Mirage and I'd like learning this Spec. In the last few years, I played only Chronomancer, but honesty I feel bored now.So, I've almost made a new ascended gear-set, but I've not chosen its stats yet. I love to play PvE contents like duo/solo roaming, events, living world story, world bosses and farming, sometimes also low fractals tiers. While looking for some build on MetaBattle I found two good different builds for Mirage:
Viper Axe/x Infinite Horizon
and
Marauder Greatsword Farmer
. What do you think of them?I prefer to arm myself with a versatile build over time and useful in more circumstances. Any suggestion?****

Axe viper mirage is good in all PvE content, including fractals and some raids.its OK in fractals, there are better builds but its solid.its meta in some raids, so its solid there too.GS is overall really kitten weak in im honest, its only good in open world where mobs die to 1hit, its fun and its good against mobs that die really fast, and since its long range aoe its very fast at killing kitten mobs. but its no good for stronger content.GS would fit your needs right now REALLY well, but if you wanna move towards raids or better fractals you would have to change.Axe is just solid in pve.TLDR.GS mirage is good for weak pve content, garbage in tough content. But you can use GS chrono for tough content so GS is not a waste + its funAXE is OK in fractals, good in open world and very good in raids, I find it really fun and its meta.make your choice

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much and have a good day :+1:

Unless you have a dedicated casual fractal group, I wouldn't take condi mirage into fractals. Condi mirage has a slow ramp up, and has difficulty applying conditions in an AoE. If everyone else in your group is running power, you won't be able to ramp up before enemies die or bosses phase. Overall, this means that the condi mirage is only good in fractals if your group isn't that good.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Unless you have a dedicated casual fractal group, I wouldn't take condi mirage into fractals. Condi mirage has a slow ramp up, and has difficulty applying conditions in an AoE. If everyone else in your group is running power, you won't be able to ramp up before enemies die or bosses phase. Overall, this means that the condi mirage is only good in fractals if your group isn't that good.

not true, as long as you are OK at mirage you will do as much damage as others or more.only place cmirage is weak in fractals is with hardcore, BiS full Meta comps.But if thats the case they can 4man the fractal anyways lol, and for CMs, mirage is ok too!.you wont top dps chart usually but you are really safe most of the time ( unless axe 3 trolls PepeHands )

EDIT.Im not saying its the best, but I have been using Cmirage with axe through t1 all the way to t4 and CM and most of the time topped the DPS charts.Super safe due to ALOT of evades, and good aoe for clear.Best of groups would do better with power chrono but axe mirage aint bad.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Unless you have a dedicated casual fractal group, I wouldn't take condi mirage into fractals. Condi mirage has a slow ramp up, and has difficulty applying conditions in an AoE. If everyone else in your group is running power, you won't be able to ramp up before enemies die or bosses phase. Overall, this means that the condi mirage is only good in fractals if your group isn't that good.

not true, as long as you are OK at mirage you will do as much damage as others or more.only place cmirage is weak in fractals is with hardcore, BiS full Meta comps.But if thats the case they can 4man the fractal anyways lol, and for CMs, mirage is ok too!.you wont top dps chart usually but you are really safe most of the time ( unless axe 3 trolls PepeHands )

EDIT.Im not saying its the best, but I have been using Cmirage with axe through t1 all the way to t4 and CM and most of the time topped the DPS charts.Super safe due to ALOT of evades, and good aoe for clear.Best of groups would do better with power chrono but axe mirage aint bad.

tbh mesmer power doesn’t fare much better, chronoburst practically always misses breakbar, procs OWP 2/16 possible times and by the time it’s finished (if it even gets that far?) a competent cmirage would’ve stacked enough confusion to make its dps afterwards jelly.

All forms of mesmer are kinda meh in ‘that level’ of fracs so I guess it doesn’t really matter much there :confused:.