Current season leaderboard

Guest [Deleted User]

I will use easy words, maybe it will help you:

If a good player doesn't duo with another good player, that means they will probably get 1 more bad player in their team.

Now I am asking you:Are good players forced to carry relatively bad players? Because that's what soloq brings.

I will use LOGIC and FACTS to help you.

If everyone is solo que, you are matched against a similar team of solo quers. Yes, some on your team may have better ratings than others, but the overall mix of the teams is close to even. Are you seriously whining about that??? Are you saying that a better player SHOULDN'T play up to his skill and rating in a game?

No, if everyone solo queues the overal mix isnt close to even, it's just a bunch of scattered ratings which is just 4 bad players you have to carry instead of 3.Sounds like you never queued in the afternoon as high plat.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will use easy words, maybe it will help you:

If a good player doesn't duo with another good player, that means they will probably get 1 more bad player in their team.

Now I am asking you:Are good players forced to carry relatively bad players? Because that's what soloq brings.

I will use LOGIC and FACTS to help you.

If everyone is solo que, you are matched against a similar team of solo quers. Yes, some on your team may have better ratings than others, but the overall mix of the teams is close to even. Are you seriously whining about that??? Are you saying that a better player SHOULDN'T play up to his skill and rating in a game?

Like all your points to-date...That makes no sense. You're basically saying it's ok to stack teams with high skill players and the "rationale" is that the high skill players shouldn't have to play up to their skill. They should be able to play average and just coast to a perfect win/loss record like we see now. How on earth can you justify that???

Maybe if you ask yourself these questions, you will finally get the point...How do you get accurate individual ratings if you allow people to always que with other players with synergistic build, professions, discord and experience playing together??? The leaderboard lists INDIVIDUALS not duos. How do you accurately rank a person who always solo que's versus someone who always stacks the deck???

In a perfect game with a high population soloq might work. However especially at the top end the matchmaker doesnt find enough players to make even teams. What you end with is 1 very high rated player with 4 lower rated player vs 3 or 4 medium rated players. . Of course the 3 or 4 mediumm rated players will win the game. 4 lower rater players +1 good players isnt the same as 3 higher medium tear players + 2 bad players.There is no amount of skill that could change that. All you would achieve is slightly lower rating for the top. It wouldnt change anything. 2v2 is off season nonone should care about winrate here. Also having a perfect win ratio means that you as a duo played better than everybody else who played duos, that is far from what average is.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Soloq is already hard since you can get matches like 1v5, with duoq it becomes 2v5.

Why do you make it sound like you duo q get 3 bad players and the other team gets 5 good players? Like your duo que is better then the pugs top 2 and unless their 3 others are way better then your 3 randos you should still have an advantagequoted wrong thing at 1st sorry

Pugs this pugs that. The fact that ppl have a pet name for other ppl than there duo is part of the never ending toxicity of players in this game, which btw ppl are very aware of at this point.The reality- if you are a duo that is the whole team than you are weak compared to average player in your elo.

Um Pug is pick up group not the ugly lil dog. It's just an abbreviation I used rando's later. Sure the hell isn't toxic to say it

@Koen.1327 said:No, if everyone solo queues the overal mix isnt close to even, it's just a bunch of scattered ratings which is just 4 bad players you have to carry instead of 3.Sounds like you never queued in the afternoon as high plat.

Believe it or not, there are some people who like that who aren't concerned with the metagame at all and just prefer to queue for the sake of competing on what's expected to be fair grounds, rather than doing everything they can out of game to compensate for the quantity over quality matchmaking style gw2 has.

I still don't think everyone should be forced to SoloQ, but I think the option should exist for people to exclusively SoloQ away from Teams altogether.

@Ghostof Luzifer.6159 said:

In a perfect game with a high population soloq might work. However especially at the top end the matchmaker doesnt find enough players to make even teams. What you end with is 1 very high rated player with 4 lower rated player vs 3 or 4 medium rated players. . Of course the 3 or 4 mediumm rated players will win the game. 4 lower rater players +1 good players isnt the same as 3 higher medium tear players + 2 bad players.There is no amount of skill that could change that. All you would achieve is slightly lower rating for the top. It wouldnt change anything. 2v2 is off season nonone should care about winrate here. Also having a perfect win ratio means that you as a duo played better than everybody else who played duos, that is far from what average is.

Have you just started playing? We already HAD a season with all soloq and the leaderboard had NONE of the ridiculous win/loss rates you see now. That not only proves that solo que works just fine...it shows that it is unequivocably BETTER at evaluating INDIVIDUAL performance. The leaderboard shows INDIVIDUALS...not teams/duos... and rewards INDIVIDUALS with stuff. How on earth can't you see the obvious and that duo quer's are stacking the deck and getting ridiculous win/loss rates they could NEVER get playing as solo q.

@SPESHAL.9106 said:

Have you just started playing? We already HAD a season with all soloq and the leaderboard had NONE of the ridiculous win/loss rates you see now. That not only proves that solo que works just fine...it shows that it is unequivocably BETTER at evaluating INDIVIDUAL performance. The leaderboard shows INDIVIDUALS...not teams/duos... and rewards INDIVIDUALS with stuff. How on earth can't you see the obvious and that duo quer's are stacking the deck and getting ridiculous win/loss rates they could NEVER get playing as solo q.

I am assuming you are talking about win loss ratios in last ranked season? Because if you are talking about the win/loss in 2v2s right now that doesnt make any sense what so ever.Doesnt really matter, I think you are wrong. Duoqs enable good players to play at the level they can play. It is a team game after all not a carry game. If your whole team is bad one aspect of the game falls away and all you do is carry. However if you have one good other teammate you can depend on him to make decisions on a similar skill level as you would, enableing teeamplay on a high skill level. If you take that away one important aspect of the game falls away. The aspect that differentiates a good player from a decent player is to a big part the teamplay, ie rotations, decision making of engaging or not, rezing, bleeding etc etc. Conquest is teambased gamemode. The team with the better synergy wins. You can be as good as you want. if you cant synergize with your team you loose. Not enough synergy is the consequence if you have 4 newer/worse playyers on your team and you are the only top level player. By removing duoq all you do is decreasing the possibility of climbing for the top players. Yes youd have worse win ratios, but not because their skill is better evaluated, they arent able to show their skill. If youd had enough legend players to make up most of each team on prime time soloq might work, but thats not the case is it?

Like obviously in a mini season ppl who are like top 10 normally on classes that are strong in 2v2s are gonna have basically perfect win rates.

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:You'd think they'd have to play each other once in awhile.

For the most part at least on NA most ppl get to high spots by duo Qing in off hours and avoiding each other’s duos 100% of the time except maybe naru who streams his matches but still he is exclusively duoing with other ppl who only play when they have strong duos and all their friends avoid them in matches, even more so during 2v2s.Honestly I believe these win rates were gonna happen with how good 2 specs and this was just made worse by big balance patch, which I honestly thought was good but now burst specs like thief and harrier brands who could counter them are 100% gone

Two things come to mind in your questions about the top ppl to me.One is that they are that good to be beating people and maintain that kind of record.Two this games population is so low no one equal to there skill is ever on when they are on to challenge them enough to get losses. And if one loss does present it self they don't spam games to keep playing.

I am assuming you are talking about win loss ratios in last ranked season? Because if you are talking about the win/loss in 2v2s right now that doesnt make any sense what so ever.Doesnt really matter, I think you are wrong. Duoqs enable good players to play at the level they can play. It is a team game after all not a carry game. If your whole team is bad one aspect of the game falls away and all you do is carry. However if you have one good other teammate you can depend on him to make decisions on a similar skill level as you would, enableing teeamplay on a high skill level. If you take that away one important aspect of the game falls away. The aspect that differentiates a good player from a decent player is to a big part the teamplay, ie rotations, decision making of engaging or not, rezing, bleeding etc etc. Conquest is teambased gamemode. The team with the better synergy wins. You can be as good as you want. if you cant synergize with your team you loose. Not enough synergy is the consequence if you have 4 newer/worse playyers on your team and you are the only top level player. By removing duoq all you do is decreasing the possibility of climbing for the top players. Yes youd have worse win ratios, but not because their skill is better evaluated, they arent able to show their skill. If youd had enough legend players to make up most of each team on prime time soloq might work, but thats not the case is it?

You obviously are new. They originally had strictly separated team ques and solo ques. Then, they merged them. Then, they limited to 2 people max que. Then, they allowed only duo que below high ranks. Then, they did no duo que only solo que. Then, they changed their mind and went back to duo que without any restrictions on rank. I may have missed an iteration or two in there, but it's clear you knew none of this.

Before running to your keyboard and sharing "wisdom", make sure you actually know what you are talking about. The win/loss ratio for strictly solo que was the most reasonable and accurate indication of INDIVIDUAL skill yet. The fact that people are debating this and concocting ridiculous rationales for the current leaderboard win/loss rate is comical.

@SPESHAL.9106 said:

You obviously are new. They originally had strictly separated team ques and solo ques. Then, they merged them. Then, they limited to 2 people max que. Then, they allowed only duo que below high ranks. Then, they did no duo que only solo que. Then, they changed their mind and went back to duo que without any restrictions on rank. I may have missed an iteration or two in there, but it's clear you knew none of this.

Before running to your keyboard and sharing "wisdom", make sure you actually know what you are talking about. The win/loss ratio for strictly solo que was the most reasonable and accurate indication of INDIVIDUAL skill yet. The fact that people are debating this and concocting ridiculous rationales for the current leaderboard win/loss rate is comical.

I play spvp since launch.. but sure buddy if it lets you sleep at night. Good arguments :+1:

@"SPESHAL.9106" said:

I play spvp since launch.. but sure buddy if it lets you sleep at night. Good arguments :+1:

Sorry I can't say the same for your arguments. You obviously couldn't refute what I said so sarcasm is all that's left.

As long as they show and reward ONLY INDIVIDUALS on the leaderboard, the que should be just INDIVIDUALS ONLY. It's not that hard to understand simple logic.

@SPESHAL.9106 said:

Sorry I can't say the same for your arguments. You obviously couldn't refute what I said so sarcasm is all that's left.

As long as they show and reward ONLY INDIVIDUALS on the leaderboard, the que should be just INDIVIDUALS ONLY. It's not that hard to understand simple logic.

here are two of the solo q only seasons

UcAPs0H.png

and another courtesy of @"huluobo.7036"

xyJfik8.jpg

@SPESHAL.9106 said:

I’m pretty sure your wrong about the 2nd iteration of “solo q only” I’m pretty sure they restricted it to solo q above plat2 never did they change it to “solo q only”. At least to my knowledge though either way I was solo Qing because I was always above plat2

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

UcAPs0H.png

xyJfik8.jpg

It actually seems the solo q rule for above plat2 kind of got out dated even if I thought it was fair as the first season of this a few players still pulled off legend 2 rating were as each season, I guess made worse by “balance patches” which made strong classes barely playable, the ratings got much worse to where plat 3 was top 3. Again I don’t think even those seasons were “solo q only” but again I was always above plat2, I actually was in top 3 a few of those seasons but could never finish them due to boredom, and may have not noticed the change

@Dantheman.3589 said:

I’m pretty sure your wrong about the 2nd iteration of “solo q only” I’m pretty sure they restricted it to solo q above plat2 never did they change it to “solo q only”. At least to my knowledge though either way I was solo Qing because I was always above plat2

UcAPs0H.png

xyJfik8.jpg

It actually seems the solo q rule for above plat2 kind of got out dated even if I thought it was fair as the first season of this a few players still pulled off legend 2 rating were as each season, I guess made worse by “balance patches” which made strong classes barely playable, the ratings got much worse to where plat 3 was top 3. Again I don’t think even those seasons were “solo q only” but again I was always above plat2, I actually was in top 3 a few of those seasons but could never finish them due to boredom, and may have not noticed the change

They were solo q above 1600.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

UcAPs0H.png

xyJfik8.jpg

They were solo q above 1600.

Yeah exactly my point. And while that’s good if players can still get legend consistently it completely flops once top ten rating are a mix of plat2-3

@SPESHAL.9106 said:

I just cant be bothered to argue with you :) you didnt make a new point nor did you respond to what i said so.. whats the point? You seem like stuck in your opinion and i dont actually care about you or your opinion

I just cant be bothered to argue with you :) you didnt make a new point nor did you respond to what i said so.. whats the point? You seem like stuck in your opinion and i dont actually care about you or your opinion

LOL...then why did you argue to begin with and why do you keep replying to me???

Go ahead and make a legitimate argument and explain your logic as why premades should be mixed with individuals yet ranks/rewards only are for individuals. Explain how/why you decided that duo is fine and not 5 man premades mixed with individuals. Explain how a matchmaking algorithm can account for bad duos that don't have synergistic builds/discord/etc and those that do. Explain how a matchmaking algorithm that relaxes as more que time passes won't be exploited by 2 high rank players duo queing and making it impossible to get a fair match most of the time.

It's just good players duoing with good players playing the best/busted duo combo builds and dodging (most of them) the other duos in top 10 or 20 that's all. There are always at least 2 busted specs every season and the good players will always play it. I don't think we will ever get into a state in which there are no busted specs so this story will repeat over and over for the rest of gw2 history lol

Oh no no noooo, let's get the facts straight. There was NEVER any explicit solo queue in this game since the solo/team queue merge back in 2014. NEVER. What Crab posted, (season 11), was when 1600 players and higher were restricted from duo queuing. That did not make this "solo queue only". No such thing.

We've had solo vs teams ever since 2014.