We should probably look at Lightning Rod

RegudonNA.4630

@Malcastus.6240 said:

@"RegudonNA.4630" said:Trait does quite a bit of damage and applies weakness - one of the strongest conditions In the game.

Theres been other complaints about earth shield (which is fine) but the the complaints come from lightning rod. There have been complaints about shocking aura and lightning hammer... when the problems come from lightning rod.

It does too much and is flying under the radar.

That's a vague and customized complaint.

Lightning Rod is fine. If It's too much on weaver, you have a weaver problem. More likely you wish to work less for a win than others.

Doing damage and applying weakness for 3 secs on a hard CC (which are on long CD's, except Weaver air), and they aren't spammable fyi. You can chain the ones you have, but it's a short chain. The damage is so pitiful, I believe you to be trolling, or a sore loser.

People complain about whiners, but in reality they complain about you.

Im not sure why people keep repeating that "it does low damage". It really doesnt. Its a 1.5 scaling skill. Thats only 0.3 less than a back backstab, which is 1.8 scaling. Sure, weaver has fewer damage multipliers, but it will still easily hit for 5+k on a crit.

Edit: Pulmonary Impact, now that skill does low damage, and did even before this patch overnerfed it. And it got nerfed by 66%. Lightning Rod already did 2+ times the damage, and was untouched.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"RegudonNA.4630" said:Trait does quite a bit of damage and applies weakness - one of the strongest conditions In the game.

Theres been other complaints about earth shield (which is fine) but the the complaints come from lightning rod. There have been complaints about shocking aura and lightning hammer... when the problems come from lightning rod.

Lightning Rod is fine. If It's too much on weaver, you have a weaver problem. More likely you wish to work less for a win than others.

Doing damage and applying weakness for 3 secs on a hard CC (which are on long CD's, except Weaver air), and they aren't spammable fyi. You can chain the ones you have, but it's a short chain. The damage is so pitiful, I believe you to be trolling, or a sore loser.

Im not sure why people keep repeating that "it does low damage". It
really
doesnt. Its a 1.5 scaling skill. Thats only 0.3 less than a back backstab, which is 1.8 scaling. Sure, weaver has fewer damage multipliers, but it will still easily hit for 5+k on a crit.

Edit: Pulmonary Impact, now
that
skill does low damage, and did even before this patch overnerfed it. And it got nerfed by 66%. Lightning Rod already did 2+ times the damage, and was untouched.

LR is 1.2 or 1.3 if I remember correctly. can you post something credible for once?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

really
doesnt. Its a 1.5 scaling skill. Thats only 0.3 less than a back backstab, which is 1.8 scaling. Sure, weaver has fewer damage multipliers, but it will still easily hit for 5+k on a crit.

that
skill does low damage, and did even before this patch overnerfed it. And it got nerfed by 66%. Lightning Rod already did 2+ times the damage, and was untouched.

LR is 1.2 or 1.3 if I remember correctly. can you post something credible for once?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Rod_\(trait_skill)

You remember incorrectly. Again. Bit of a bad idea to try and snark without even checking if you aren't wrong and about to make yourself look like a fool.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

really

that

What about moving Pulmonary Impact , to Deadly Arts or Critical Strikes and increase its damage ?Win-Win for both classes , to have a more fast paced gameplay

@"Megametzler.5729" said:Hold on. Are we talking about LR weaver? Shocking aura spam tempest? And are we just taling about "fun to play against" or actual OPness?

I am getting mixed signals here. I even read blind spam on ele...? People annoyed by some S/F arcane build too...?

1. I do not think many LR builds are a problem. It might be strong in some situations, so reduce damage a little, reduce weakness duration maybe. Some builds heavily rely on Shocking aura as a life saver versus certain builds. The aura should not be changed.

2. Looking at Shocking aura share and Lightning hammer Tempest: Well, it has a very clear weakness (conditions), but I might agree there are some too many stuns on it. Maybe check Hammer (and/or shield pull for that matter)?

3. LR weaver? Though I believe damage reduction and weakness duration would do the trick. Weaver only brings one CC to the table after all. Maybe Mud slide should only CC once in general, just like Slick shoes.

For me, only D/F LR Weaver with Air, Arcane, Weaver is a bit problematic. It procs a bit too much. Otherwise I don't think it's very op or first priority for balance patches.

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

really

that

What about moving Pulmonary Impact , to Deadly Arts or Critical Strikes and increase its damage ?Win-Win for both classes , to have a more fast paced gameplay

Problem is that its both a trait skill and part of Fist Flurry. Though fist Flurry also got overnerfed undeservedly, so I wouldnt mind it being split and the trait being shuffled around. Only issue is it doesnt fit in Crit strikes since it cant crit, and Deadly Arts has no space for it. Maybe replace Pressure Striking with it? Or just add a good chunk of damage to pressure striking, to make it an option for power, condi and hybrid builds. Not sure itd be worth picking over Bountiful Theft, tho.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

really

that

)

You remember incorrectly.
Again
. Bit of a bad idea to try and snark without even checking if you aren't wrong and about to make yourself look like a fool.

this info is outdated, im not gonna waste any more time on you.you are one of the people that are always fucking wrong yet argue to the death anyways

can a power weaver d/f or s/f even do damage without lightning rod? some of the attuned skills are used for defense. Yeah, i don't see Power weaver killing anything without lighting rod. that would just gut it. which i think its something CMC said he didn't want to do when explaining soulbeast nerfs :/

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

really

that

)

You remember incorrectly.
Again
. Bit of a bad idea to try and snark without even checking if you aren't wrong and about to make yourself look like a fool.

this info is outdated, im not gonna waste any more time on you.you are one of the people that are always kitten wrong yet argue to the death anyways

"This info is outdated". You do know that for that to be true, that would require it to have been nerfed, right? And you do know that it was not nerfed at any point in time, right? But hey, no worries, we can just check it by using another trait we know wasnt nerfed, Evasive Arcana. Its scaling is 0.5, and its damage is 133, compared to Lightning Rods 1.5, and 399. 133*3=399. Lines up perfectly. So yeah, youre still wrong.

Man you need to stop projecting. You are the one who is always wrong and still argues to the death anyways. Like you are, right here, right now. Im the one who is right and should really have realised that trying to convince y'all is like talking to a brick wall, but can't leave things unfinished so tries anyways.

@"UNOwen.7132" said:"This info is outdated". You do know that for that to be true, that would require it to have been nerfed, right? And you do know that it was not nerfed at any point in time, right? But hey, no worries, we can just check it by using another trait we know wasnt nerfed, Evasive Arcana. Its scaling is 0.5, and its damage is 133, compared to Lightning Rods 1.5, and 399. 133*3=399. Lines up perfectly. So yeah, youre still wrong.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/97627/balance-update-update-pvp/p1

Lightning Rod: Reduced power coefficient from 1.5 to 1.2

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"UNOwen.7132" said:"This info is outdated". You do know that for that to be true, that would require it to have been nerfed, right? And you do know that it was not nerfed at any point in time, right? But hey, no worries, we can just check it by using another trait we know wasnt nerfed, Evasive Arcana. Its scaling is 0.5, and its damage is 133, compared to Lightning Rods 1.5, and 399. 133*3=399. Lines up perfectly. So yeah, youre still wrong.

Lightning Rod: Reduced power coefficient from 1.5 to 1.2

Yeah I saw that, but the final patchnotes didnt include it, so I figured it was cut, and based on a bit of testing using Evasive Arcana and Lightning Rod it did look like it was a cut. Edit: In particular because the other changes noted there were in the final patchnotes, so since only one wasnt, it does look like it was cut.

@Tayga.3192 thanks for posting, i was looking for it and couldnt find it :/@"UNOwen.7132" I see that you try again to prove with "numbers" what aligns and what doesnt.You failed with thief backstab, and even went and accused people of fabricating evidence.Same thing here, you are wrong again, your numbers dont line up with reality, accept that you are not good at it and stop doing it untill you can actually do it right.Unless ofc we fabricated that one too.are you gonna apologise at least? if not to me thet the guy you accused of fabricating in other post at least

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Tayga.3192 thanks for posting, i was looking for it and couldnt find it :/@"UNOwen.7132" I see that you try again to prove with "numbers" what aligns and what doesnt.You failed with thief backstab, and even went and accused people of fabricating evidence.Same thing here, you are wrong again, your numbers dont line up with reality, accept that you are not good at it and stop doing it untill you can actually do it right.Unless ofc we fabricated that one too.are you gonna apologise at least? if not to me thet the guy you accused of fabricating in other post at least

With numbers, and with in-game testing, same as last time. Evasive Arcana earth, Shock Wave. Scaling 0.5. Crits for 500. Lightning Rod. Scaling of X. Crits for 1500. Ergo: X = 3*0.5=1.5. Simple, no? Sides, as I pointed out, what he quoted wasnt in the final patch notes, and the other changes were in the final patch notes. It was cut.

I failed succeeded with backstab Shadowshot and Mug (man you gotta keep your lies straight. I never actually said anything about backstab other than pointing out that one was a max malice backstab, and that that was a stupid thing to compare it to because max malice backstabs dont happen). Remember, I both did the math, and ingame testing. They both showed the exact same result. My numbers line up with reality. He in fact fabricated the screenshots by some unknown method for Shadow Shot, and some other unknown method for mug (I recall that there was a missing 10% modifier, but I couldnt figure out what it was).

Why would I apologise for saying the truth? Thats a silly thing to ask. If anything you should ask that guy to apologise for lying to you and making you fall for his fabrications because you so desperately wanted to buy what he was selling. Remember, I tested it, took a screenshot, and showed it, proving that he in fact fabricated it (as if the numbers werent sufficient).

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Tayga.3192 thanks for posting, i was looking for it and couldnt find it :/@UNOwen.7132 I see that you try again to prove with "numbers" what aligns and what doesnt.You failed with thief backstab, and even went and accused people of fabricating evidence.Same thing here, you are wrong again, your numbers dont line up with reality, accept that you are not good at it and stop doing it untill you can actually do it right.Unless ofc we fabricated that one too.are you gonna apologise at least? if not to me thet the guy you accused of fabricating in other post at least

With numbers, and with in-game testing, same as last time. Evasive Arcana earth, Shock Wave. Scaling 0.5. Crits for 500. Lightning Rod. Scaling of X. Crits for 1500. Ergo: X = 3*0.5=1.5. Simple, no? Sides, as I pointed out, what he quoted
wasnt
in the final patch notes, and the other changes
were
in the final patch notes. It was cut.

I
failed
succeeded with
backstab
Shadowshot and Mug (man you gotta keep your lies straight. I never actually said anything about backstab other than pointing out that one was a max malice backstab, and that that was a stupid thing to compare it to because max malice backstabs dont happen). Remember, I both did the math, and
ingame testing
. They both showed the exact same result. My numbers line up with reality. He in fact fabricated the screenshots by some unknown method for Shadow Shot, and some other unknown method for mug (I recall that there was a missing 10% modifier, but I couldnt figure out what it was).

Why would I apologise for saying the truth? Thats a silly thing to ask. If anything you should ask that guy to apologise for lying to you and making you fall for his fabrications because you so desperately wanted to buy what he was selling. Remember, I tested it, took a screenshot, and showed it, proving that he in fact fabricated it (as if the numbers werent sufficient).

its one thing to be wrong and another to refuse to accept it.I guess we just have to ignore one another, live in your imaginary world, im not gonna bother you anymore

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Tayga.3192 thanks for posting, i was looking for it and couldnt find it :/@UNOwen.7132 I see that you try again to prove with "numbers" what aligns and what doesnt.You failed with thief backstab, and even went and accused people of fabricating evidence.Same thing here, you are wrong again, your numbers dont line up with reality, accept that you are not good at it and stop doing it untill you can actually do it right.Unless ofc we fabricated that one too.are you gonna apologise at least? if not to me thet the guy you accused of fabricating in other post at least

With numbers, and with in-game testing, same as last time. Evasive Arcana earth, Shock Wave. Scaling 0.5. Crits for 500. Lightning Rod. Scaling of X. Crits for 1500. Ergo: X = 3*0.5=1.5. Simple, no? Sides, as I pointed out, what he quoted
wasnt
were

I
failed
succeeded with
backstab
Shadowshot and Mug (man you gotta keep your lies straight. I never actually said anything about backstab other than pointing out that one was a max malice backstab, and that that was a stupid thing to compare it to because max malice backstabs dont happen). Remember, I both did the math, and
ingame testing
. They both showed the exact same result. My numbers line up with reality. He in fact fabricated the screenshots by some unknown method for Shadow Shot, and some other unknown method for mug (I recall that there was a missing 10% modifier, but I couldnt figure out what it was).

its one thing to be wrong and another to refuse to accept it.I guess we just have to ignore one another, live in your imaginary world, im not gonna bother you anymore

You really need to stop projecting. Yes, its one thing to be wrong, and another to refuse to accept it. However, its yet another thing to tell that to someone who isnt wrong while you yourself are wrong.

I wont ignore you just because you live in your imaginary world and try to call the real world "imaginary". I will continue to point out whenever you are wrong that you are wrong. Perhaps its futile, but at the same time, you cant avoid reality for too long. And you will finally understand that it was you who's wrong.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

wasnt
were

I
failed
succeeded with
backstab
ingame testing

Alright, did some further testing, turns out I was actually wrong on this one, it is 1.2. I think I was getting extra ferocity from Aeromancers Training when hitting Lightning Rod which Shock Wave can't get? Though strangely it also seems to have persisted sometimes after swapping to earth, but didn't apply to Shock Wave even while it briefly persisted. Ill have to look into what causes that, but yes, generally its 1.2. They forgot it in their patch notes. My mistake, and Im sorry.

Still, 1.2 is really good damage still. Thats 2/3 of a backstab.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

really

that

That's higher than maul and worldly impact!

@Bossun.2046 said:can a power weaver d/f or s/f even do damage without lightning rod? some of the attuned skills are used for defense. Yeah, i don't see Power weaver killing anything without lighting rod. that would just gut it. which i think its something CMC said he didn't want to do when explaining soulbeast nerfs :/

I dunno, they did that to D/P Headshot thief when they gutted the already severely underperforming Impacting Distraction Trait. Dagger does also have a couple hard-hitting skills, so the build would still function after Lightning Rod gets hit somewhat.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

really

that

Yeah I was wrong, its 1.2. Which is 13% lower than Maul and Worldly Impact. Should also be noted that Weaver doesnt have the absurd multipliers that let Maul and Worldy Impact hit so hard. Still, it is a pretty hardhitting skill even as it is.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

really

that

Yeah I was wrong, its 1.2. Which is 13% lower than Maul and Worldly Impact. Should also be noted that Weaver doesnt have the absurd multipliers that let Maul and Worldy Impact hit so hard. Still, it is a pretty hardhitting skill even as it is.

You need to bear in mind LR should be using a weapon power of ~690. When you compare them relatively this has a coefficient of ~0.83, which is much lower than Maul.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

really

that

You need to bear in mind LR should be using a weapon power of ~690. When you compare them relatively this has a coefficient of ~0.83, which is much lower than Maul.

LR doesnt use weapon damage from elementalist ? odd.I guess it works similar to phantasms

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

really

that

So it does. How odd. Seems almost random what trait skills use weapon power and which ones dont.

Edit: 0.83 is actually significantly lower than what I expected, almost half even. Hell, that makes it do about as much damage as Power Block does (and way more than PI does).

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

really

that

LR doesnt use weapon damage from elementalist ? odd.I guess it works similar to phantasms

There actually are a lot of trait skills that, for ill-explained reasons, use their own weapon damage. But I thought that category was mostly stuff like aim-assisted rocket or the delayed charge skill.