Bring Infuse Light in line

Eugchriss.2046

@"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:It has counterplay, just don't attack. If that's something you're unable to do, well …I agree, though, rev's currently too tanky for the amount of damage they're able to dish out. B-BUT RANGER!!!

"JUST DON'T ATTACK, BRO" is not counterplay considering that the Revenant can still take any sort of action during that window. Considering how Healing Skills are designed to sustain combat duration, it's important to compare them within that framework. Looking at all Healing Skills in the game, one is hard pressed to find one which does as much work as Infuse Light: effectively instant cast, a baseline healing amount, perfectly negates all incoming damage and also just adds that damage to the user's healthpool as healing, has a fixed duration which cannot be influenced; it more or less throws every meta mechanic into one skill. Infuse Light isn't so much a Healing Skill as it is a combat rotation skill: people use it to effortlessly keep pressure on when opponents have to rely on their own Healing Skills in order to sustain combat duration (and heaven forbid you're in a teamfight when the enemy Revenant is suddenly no longer a viable focus target because they pressed a button; that can screw up the entire teamfight dynamic). The only other Healing Skill that comes remotely close to being as powerful as Infuse Light is Defiant Stance, and that skill has two large downsides in comparison: it has a longer baseline cooldown, and it has a massive opportunity cost associated with it considering that, in order to take it, one has to give up "hahaha, I'm regenerating health forever now" which nobody would do.

The only reason why Infuse Light or Revenant isn't seen as such an egregiously oppressive issue anymore is because their burst output was cleaved into pieces with the global damage nerf. However, considering that Infuse Light still remains the fulcrum upon which the Revenant's PvP viability swings, and also considering how the only thing which would probably tip Revenant back into S-tier would just be a braindead damage buff, it really goes to show just how hard-carried the entire class is by a single, baked-in Healing Skill. If Revenant wasn't "Thief with some cooldowns but also Defiant Stance" but instead just "Thief with some cooldowns," it would be as worthless in gameplay practice as it already is as a thematic class in GW2. Infuse Light is a braindead, garbage skill which has no right to exist, but if you cull it, you also utterly kill the Revenant. That said, the Revenant never deserved to exist in the first place, so it's more or less all up in the air lmao.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:Just make the Poison condition reduce its duration by 33%; the counter to it should be the same as any other heal skill.

Poison already reduces the heal by 33%, it is just as countered by poison as most other heals.

Except for the fact that Poison is the highest damaging condition next to Burning, and any stacks of Poison on the Revenant will also be healing them, thus negating the penalty as people pointed out above in several posts regarding conditions.

And which condi classes apply more than 2 psn stacks?Great, youll heal 300 per sec but reduce all other heals by 33%Mostly thief applying psn, healing you for like 40 sec

Few points to consider:

1. Infuse Light is easily counterplayable by pausing damage on the rev. Use hard CC instead since it no longer does damage.
  2. If the Rev is loaded up with condis, you cannot prevent the heal. However this is counterbalanced by how weak Rev is to condis in general with the exception of Mallyx builds.
  3. Mallyx builds do not have "Perma Res" anymore as some claim. Mallyx got hit hard with the energy cost nerfs, to the point where you can, at most, press 1 legend skill before you're spamming away at the 1 key.
  4. A build has something that is strong =/= that build needs a nerf. Builds should have something about them that is effective. Something that is difficult to play around, otherwise that build is ineffective. Next time something kills you, ask yourself "was this really a design issue or did I just misplay?"

If I were to nerf something about Condi Rev here's how I would go about it:

Mallyx true nature skill has no real tell. Historically, Anet has nerfed Rev by adding cast times onto abilities See: Staff 5, Sword 4. Nerfs like these work when it comes to dialing down power, but they can also make the class feel clunky. Instead of adding a cast time onto Facet of Nature, Mallyx facet will now shoot out a projectile that transfers condis if it hits. As compensation, condis transfered is increased by 1. (Projectile velocity is on par with Druid staff 2)`

Infuse Light is broken against1 Condition builds ( full heal every time )2 Bad players ( they will attack into it )3 In large scale fights ( run into people and get healed easy peasy + aoe )just think how slim the chance is that at least 1 of those wont occur, and even if it doesnt, you can still use it reactively to "block" strong hit to heal at the very least 6k+so bottom line is, if you use it properly you will heal AT LEAST as much as other healing skills.but when conditions are met ( most of the time anyways ) you not only get full heal but also pseudo invuln to go with it.and you have fucking 2 heals anyways

Just for the sake of science, I dusted off my old condition herald build without even updating to the new traits and played as I stated. What do you know, I was already full health and still having at Infuse Light having an extra second almost everytime which I find kind of insulting to my ability to pop it at the right time so often because it would have already been fantastic with only 2 seconds Endure Pain style. Under any condition burst, that's already more than 5k healing which is the problem here with the heal because it allows for way more health than any Revenant heal can do under the most dangerous circumstances if you put Empowering Misery next to it, Breakrazor's Bastion can comparably heal as much but that requires an AoE to stand and healing power as Revenant only has outgoing healing in it's traits.

@"Leonidrex.5649" And that's what I meant with that duration, if people use it right even at 2 seconds. It'll heal just as much if not more depending on what comes out. The current "right" way is however exploitable, it gets tiring to see people actively thinking, need an heal so I'll just step in that chaotic hot spot and have Infuse Light lasting for way longer than it needs to be to come out full health with all the tools necessary to clear and do a defensive rotation then be back in the game in less than 10 seconds and no even if you can do that with Defiant Stance, it's ALL they have.

The purpose of the skill is activate it at precise crucial moments and be rewarded for it, but with that duration it's just not like that right now. People can say as much as they want with it's "tell", that's the reason why it's so strong as it can keep anyone from wanting to burst you in the first place with 60% HP, however because of it's "full health" aspect, which don't get me wrong, it makes sense to do that. People forgot those aspects of it and just go for that full heal instead, everytime which is the unhealthy part. Revenant has two heals, healing for 5k with it is far from bad and there's always the possibility to reward good plays even more which is what I am in favor of, even if it was only 2 seconds. With only those seconds, you can still do the same tricks as well, just to an extend that is less cancer to the people who even if they can try their best not to will eventually have to do "something", power can bait stow, but conditions can't, same for AoE's and given the RIGHT conditions regardless once again since I feel like I have to repeat myself, with either of those scenarios (One condition bait or one AoE bait) players still get to heal for more than they can bargain for if things are getting critical.

Yet no one complains about defiance stance or even use it apart from zerging in wvw.

If given the choice between the current IL or an IL that performs like mendings, a flat 6.5k heal and remove 3 conditions but with 30s cd. I'm sure a lot of revs will choose the latter.

Also while we're at it Shiro heal also has counterplay. It can be reflected, blocked, or evaded. So let's remove the counterplay to Shiro heal as well. Or is counterplay only good if it hurts the Rev and bad if they benefit?

@szeng.1267 said:Yet no one complains about defiance stance or even use it apart from zerging in wvw.

If given the choice between the current IL or an IL that performs like mendings, a flat 6.5k heal and remove 3 conditions but with 30s cd. I'm sure a lot of revs will choose the latter.

Also while we're at it Shiro heal also has counterplay. It can be reflected, blocked, or evaded. So let's remove the counterplay to Shiro heal as well. Or is counterplay only good if it hurts the Rev and bad if they benefit?

Based. Shiro heal has to be the worst kitten in this game (just use a reflect and heal yourself) and with the nerfs done to him recently legend is unplayable

@ollbirtan.2915 said:GL activating this skill at the right moment while being chain CCed to oblivion.

How many players can consistently stop the 0.25 cast on the Facet? Probably no one.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

@szeng.1267 said:Yet no one complains about defiance stance or even use it apart from zerging in wvw.

Based. Shiro heal has to be the worst kitten in this game (just use a reflect and heal yourself) and with the nerfs done to him recently legend is unplayable

I think this is also why people are noticing it more is because when Glint+Shiro was meta Infuse Light was basically your only healing skill while Malyx has a very respectable healing skill in it's own right. This is basically the first time we've seen Rev's double healing skills actually in practice since at least Path of Fire's release.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@ollbirtan.2915 said:GL activating this skill
at the right moment
while being chain CCed to oblivion.

How many players can consistently stop the 0.25 cast on the Facet? Probably no one.

Chain CC them when they're not in Glint. Or before they activate the facet at all and have already blown Gaze of Darkness. With skillful play or a co-ordinated duo/team it's not that hard to do. Rev is so incredibly weak to CC now it's absolutely insane and should be the go to strategy to deal with revenant. But you can't just spam it it has to be done skillfully and with proper timing when Rev is in the wrong stance or has blown a ton of CDs and energy (preferably both).

Facet of Light isn't even oppressive either. I've seen plenty of strong revenant builds lately that have dropped Glint entirely.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

at the right moment

Chain CC them when they're not in Glint. Or before they activate the facet at all and have already blown Gaze of Darkness. With skillful play or a co-ordinated duo/team it's not that hard to do. Rev is so incredibly weak to CC now it's absolutely insane and should be the go to strategy to deal with revenant. But you can't just spam it it has to be done skillfully and with proper timing when Rev is in the wrong stance or has blown a ton of CDs and energy (preferably both).

Facet of Light isn't even oppressive either. I've seen plenty of strong revenant builds lately that have dropped Glint entirely.

You should become a game designer.Counter to broken skill should be CC chaining for so fucking long that you cant get 0.25s cast off.You know what gets countered by hard CC like that? EVERYONE FUCKING ELSE

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

at the right moment

You should become a game designer.Counter to broken skill should be CC chaining for so kitten long that you cant get 0.25s cast off.You know what gets countered by hard CC like that? EVERYONE kitten ELSE

It hasn’t been broken for the past 5 years and it’s certainly not broken now.

More importantly that’s blatantly not true. Many other classes have much higher access to stability, break-stuns, invulns, or even a passive “oh shit” trait (unholy sanctuary).

at the right moment

You should become a game designer.Counter to broken skill should be CC chaining for so kitten long that you cant get 0.25s cast off.You know what gets countered by hard CC like that? EVERYONE kitten ELSE

I can assure you it has been. But there were too much stuff going around for people to notice it.

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:GL activating this skill
at the right moment

More importantly that’s blatantly not true. Many other classes have much higher access to stability, break-stuns, invulns, or even a passive “oh kitten” trait (unholy sanctuary).

"guard and necro broken" so im allowed to be broken too! REEE

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:[[ In the corner not caring about infuse light because one of the first things learned was how to not hit Defiant Stance in pvp ]]

Some of these threads popping up are kind of silly now and they all seem to be backed by the same group of people for some reason.

Imo IL is such a risk that you will be getting almost nothing. With reduced damage now you aren’t healing much unless you IL right into a Worldly Impact type attack or multiple strikes from several people.

Just bait the IL and then resume attacking after it expires with big damage skills.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

at the right moment

I can assure you it has been. But there were too much stuff going around for people to notice it.

Ultimately that’s just your opinion. Just like mine is that it isn’t a problem. Especially since I’ve seen successful revs not using Glint at all.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

at the right moment

More importantly that’s blatantly not true. Many other classes have much higher access to stability, break-stuns, invulns, or even a passive “oh kitten” trait (unholy sanctuary).

Great argument. Real big brain. I’m not even just talking about guard and necro lmao. Don’t put words in my mouth I never said condi rev wasn’t overtuned. Just that infuse light isn’t the issue. Learn some reading comprehension

at the right moment

Ultimately that’s just your opinion. Just like mine is that it isn’t a problem. Especially since I’ve seen successful revs not using Glint at all.

at the right moment

Great argument. Real big brain. I’m not even just talking about guard and necro lmao. Don’t put words in my mouth I never said condi rev wasn’t overtuned. Just that infuse light isn’t the issue. Learn some reading comprehension

your words -> Many other classes have much higher access to stability, break-stuns, invulns, or even a passive “oh kitten” traitwho the fuck has stability? only guard and scrapper.stun removal? warrior runs 2 gigacooldown, mesmer usually runs 1 and uses it as mobility on top.invulns? please lol

Then nerf Defiant Stance, AED, and Signet of Ether too.

jokes aside.... just dont attack. Its one of the most obvious things to see if the herald has its aspect of light "prepared" ,or its healing buff active.

Also if Infuse lights gets an herald instantly an big chunk of health back, then it would be time to nerf some classes damage.

@"Virdo.1540" said:Then nerf Defiant Stance, AED, and Signet of Ether too.

jokes aside.... just dont attack. Its one of the most obvious things to see if the herald has its aspect of light "prepared" ,or its healing buff active.

Also if Infuse lights gets an herald instantly an big chunk of health back, then it would be time to nerf some classes damage.

Again, as stated above, 'don't attack' doesn't work.

-instant cast time means there is no animation to watch for unless you aren't attacking them (in which case, they aren't using the ability). Why did anyone think instant cast heals were a good idea.-Your first 1-2 hits are going to heal them even if you attempt to stop-All condi pressure heals them. Even incidental condis (they exist on almost every class).-Pulsing fields heal them a lot. Guard symbols, neco wells, even mesmer illusions often a free full heal.

Even if you only hit them once, Infuse Light is a 3s invulnerability that doesn't require a channel. So its already the best invuln ability in the game. Add in the above cases, and its probably the single best ability in the game. As stated by other posters, it single handedly carries herald. Add in the commonly used Crystal Hibernation on shield and you are looking at 6s invuln on <30s cd. Thats absurd.

if you use it right at WORST.its 1850 heal from active + whatever damage 1 skill deals.If you play perfectly against infuse light Rev will heal AT LEAST 5k+ with 1/4s casttime.and that assumes its 1v1, you have no condis and you dont follow with an attack.any condi = more heal.any pulsing aoe = more healmore people = more heal.I would say on average this ability heals propably about 10k on 1/4s casttime.do something with this, inc casttime to at least 3/4s or reduce duration or increase cooldown, or remove the insta heal part of it etc etc.Its the best heal in the game RNArgument of defiant stance could be mede but rev has 2 heals -.-

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

if you use it right at WORST.its 1850 heal from active + whatever damage 1 skill deals.If you play perfectly against infuse light Rev will heal AT LEAST 5k+ with 1/4s casttime.and that assumes its 1v1, you have no condis and you dont follow with an attack.any condi = more heal.any pulsing aoe = more healmore people = more heal.I would say on average this ability heals propably about 10k on 1/4s casttime.do something with this, inc casttime to at least 3/4s or reduce duration or increase cooldown, or remove the insta heal part of it etc etc.Its the best heal in the game RNArgument of defiant stance could be mede but rev has 2 heals -.-

Condis are most likely to continue damaging even after infuse light.u can see if the passive facet of light is there or not, if yes heralds have less energy to spend. esp in pvp....most players can predict when it comes or not.

and the 2 heal thingy: 2 heals from rev are almost as strong as the heal from a warrior,only with longer casting.Infuse light & defiant stance are not counted in, since they almost never heal against experienced players

@Zephoid.4263 said:

Again, as stated above, 'don't attack' doesn't work.

-instant cast time means there is no animation to watch for unless you aren't attacking them (in which case, they aren't using the ability). Why did anyone think instant cast heals were a good idea.-Your first 1-2 hits are going to heal them even if you attempt to stop-All condi pressure heals them. Even incidental condis (they exist on almost every class).-Pulsing fields heal them a lot. Guard symbols, neco wells, even mesmer illusions often a free full heal.

Even if you only hit them once, Infuse Light is a 3s invulnerability that doesn't require a channel. So its already the best invuln ability in the game. Add in the above cases, and its probably the single best ability in the game. As stated by other posters, it single handedly carries herald. Add in the commonly used Crystal Hibernation on shield and you are looking at 6s invuln on <30s cd. Thats absurd.

at first, there is an animation followed by an extreme loud beep sound.second u can clearly see if an herald has the "facet of light" ready or not. If they have, then the heal wont far away.Revs have nothing against condis, infuse light can only extend their lifes by some seconds, since all condis tick more than just the 3sec heal duration.

and last thing: Crystal Hibernation is absolute kitten. It has nothing to do with an invulvn. Its just a cheap block, with root & way too high energy cost. It can be broken by any skill with the "unblockable" stacks. AND condis continue to damage while being in Crystal Hibernation.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:Then nerf Defiant Stance, AED, and Signet of Ether too.

Condis are most likely to continue damaging even after infuse light.u can see if the passive facet of light is there or not, if yes heralds have less energy to spend. esp in pvp....most players can predict when it comes or not.

and the 2 heal thingy: 2 heals from rev are almost as strong as the heal from a warrior,only with longer casting.Infuse light & defiant stance are not counted in, since they almost never heal against experienced players

condi continuing to damage is meaningless, it has nothing to do with IL.IL negates 10k dmg and heals for 10k against condi builds, meaning it provides 20k worth of HP value, on top of 3s on cant touch this.Removal of expertise made long duration conditions no longer a big deal for IL.From mesmer side thats expertise ammy + 2% per boon got nerfed so conditions last 30-40% shorter duration, meaning you cant overstack them when IL is on.Counterplay is gone, only broken heal remains.