Snargle Goldclaw the Charr of Culture [discussion]

EdwinLi.1284

So let us discuss the Charr of Culture introduced in Eye of the North named Snargle Goldclaw.

You think he may become one of people's favorites?

What kind of cultured things you think he has writen beyond what we have seen from the achievements?

Is he the source of all rated ages 18+ contents for Tyria?

Do you think he will go into more "inspirational" stuff if he followed us over to Cantha?

@"Jimbru.6014" said:I can only imagine the fun the devs must have had coming up with Snargle's stuff...and just imagine what they DIDN'T put in the game. LOL

Considering his introduction is to be the man of culture for GW2, I can already guess such as a Female Norn and a Human Male for their version of "Ara Ara" contents.

Snargle Goldclaw is literally the Off-brand author for 18+ contents for GW2 world in all forms of culture considering the range of things he takes from Core Tyria and Elona culture.

I fear what he may create if he enters Cantha and discovers the Chinese and Japanese theme Off-brand ideas.

On that note...I will not be surprised if a random NPC later say "I've seen enough of Snargle Goldclaw's books to know where this is going."

@"Rockin Twilight Sparkle.2615" said:Snargle is an absolute monster and he needs to be stopped

You cannot stop the embodiment of Rule 34 content in the GW2 world.

This thread is a good place to say this: one of the things I like about GW2 over most other games, is that GW2 acknowledges the reality that most MMO players are adults, and content is written accordingly. Snargle's book collection is just one of the most explicit examples of that acknowledgement.

@"Rockin Twilight Sparkle.2615" said:Snargle is an absolute monster and he needs to be stopped

That's a funny way to spell Rytlock.

@Jimbru.6014 said:This thread is a good place to say this: one of the things I like about GW2 over most other games, is that GW2 acknowledges the reality that most MMO players are adults, and content is written accordingly. Snargle's book collection is just one of the most explicit examples of that acknowledgement.

This is precisely why I like Snargle. That and what Edwin said. :P

@nathanjameson.3542 said:I really hope he's a recurring character. I found him much more interesting than his...sitcom foil of a sidekick? MORE SNARGLE PLZ

I fear she may eventually go down Snargle Goldclaw's path if they follow us into Cantha and discover the GW2 World version of Yuri and Yaoi Offbrand contents in Cantha region.

@nathanjameson.3542 said:I really hope he's a recurring character. I found him much more interesting than his...sitcom foil of a sidekick? MORE SNARGLE PLZ

I have a feeling he is going to be and one who brings into GW2 world the Off-brand contents for characters we know by following the Commander and his/her companions due to how popular Dragon's Watch has become in public eyes.

Can already guess the Kasmeer and Marjory Off-brand books he may have planned and not to mention the stuff he may make involving Braham and Rox.

@anninke.7469 said:I'm a little concerned about him being in the same area as Lady Camilla, the established stal... I mean herald of the Pact Commander.I'm concerned as well...what if she gives him the idea to write a book with us and Rytlock as lovers!? I mean, there's been more than enough things to happen to nod to it, but I don't think we want the entirety of Tyria thinking we're an item. On second thought...the Commander and Rytlock's reactions might actually be worth seeing from that.

@RyuDragnier.9476 said:

@"anninke.7469" said:I'm a little concerned about him being in the same area as Lady Camilla, the established stal... I mean herald of the Pact Commander.I'm concerned as well...what if she gives him the idea to write a book with us and Rytlock as lovers!? I mean, there's been more than enough things to happen to nod to it, but I don't think we want the entirety of Tyria thinking we're an item. On second thought...the Commander and Rytlock's reactions might actually be worth seeing from that.

In the Path of Fire campaign.

I still don't really understand why Canach gave Rytlock the nickname "Cuddles"... but it was thrown out there soon after the commander resurrected with Rytlock standing next to them...

@PseudoNewb.5468 said:

@"anninke.7469" said:I'm a little concerned about him being in the same area as Lady Camilla, the established stal... I mean herald of the Pact Commander.I'm concerned as well...what if she gives him the idea to write a book with us and Rytlock as lovers!? I mean, there's been more than enough things to happen to nod to it, but I don't think we want the entirety of Tyria thinking we're an item. On second thought...the Commander and Rytlock's reactions might actually be worth seeing from that.

I still don't really understand why Canach gave Rytlock the nickname "Cuddles"... but it was thrown out there soon after the commander resurrected with Rytlock standing next to them...

Have you ever noticed how soft Rytlock's fur is?

@Fueki.4753 said:

But, I'm not sure anyone has ever actually touched it.

@PseudoNewb.5468 said:

But, I'm not sure anyone has ever actually touched it.

Not touched it and lived to tell the tale.

@RyuDragnier.9476 said:

@anninke.7469 said:I'm a little concerned about him being in the same area as Lady Camilla, the established stal... I mean herald of the Pact Commander.I'm concerned as well...what if she gives him the idea to write a book with us and Rytlock as lovers!? I mean, there's been more than enough things to happen to nod to it, but I don't think we want the entirety of Tyria thinking we're an item. On second thought...the Commander and Rytlock's reactions might actually be worth seeing from that.

Rytlock respects the Commander, but that respect is a thin veil over a burden of dislike and envy. Let's just say it wouldn't end well, and leave it at that.

@"PseudoNewb.5468" said:I still don't really understand why Canach gave Rytlock the nickname "Cuddles"... but it was thrown out there soon after the commander resurrected with Rytlock standing next to them...

Canach is a professional troll. I'm sure that was just to get a snarl out of Rytlock.

@"EdwinLi.1284" said:Can already guess the Kasmeer and Marjory Off-brand books he may have planned and not to mention the stuff he may make involving Braham and Rox.

Kasmeer and Marjory might be too "normal" for Snargle's tastes. But knowing their sense of humor, I imagine that if Snargle wrote about them, they would probably read it together, giggling the whole time and making corrections with a big red pen, and then send him their edited and likely even more explicit version, much to Snargle's mortification. ;)

Braham and Rox, on the other hand, are really the closest thing we've seen in GW2 to an interracial relationship.