Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

Love the idea, though I too would like to see something done about the skins situation. But glad to hear that an armory is happening, as that was my initial hope for how templates would work since it works really well in FFXIV.

And please tell me this works for all legendaries, including trinkets? Would like to be able to use things like Aurora on multiple characters since those trinkets are impossible to craft more than once.

As for a solution to the skin situation, maybe make it so the armory somehow includes like...kinda the glamour plates in FFXIV? Where you save a look to a plate and can select which plate you want to use for a given gear set. Maybe having it cost transmutation charges to save a skin in each slot but once it's saved it can be applied to a gear set or something. Then it costs more transmutation charges to change a skin in a slot again. Would allow leg gear to function like ascended gear in appearance without making transmutation charges worthless.

Though, like that I guess it could also work for any armor rarity if it was just its own system, would allow the ability to save outfits for a character.

Honestly. I think is a bad decision. It would be better to make legendary armor cheaper, but maybe more hoops to jump through. The same goes for legendary weapons, amulets, trinkets.For example. Anet should be working on an easy mode and a hard mode before doing this. People could get multiple sets by doing content, vs. this swapping equipment.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

Here’s a quick description of how it will work—when you bind a legendary item to your account, it will be added to the Legendary Armory. Any legendary item that is added to the Legendary Armory will become available for use by all the characters across your entire account at the same time. This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory. This feature will also come with updates to Equipment Template functionality to make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template to another template on the same character.

Here are our goals for the Legendary Armory feature:

• Make it feel more valuable to earn and use legendary equipment, while also making it easier to use legendary items with the Equipment Template feature.
  • Remove the need for players to swap account-bound legendary items between characters.
  • Make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template tab to another template on the same character.

Let us know your thoughts in this thread. Thank you all!

Thank you! Its nice to know you guys understand people with Legendary items (some of us) felt a little frustrated at present w the current state of templates/equipment loadout. These all sound like a great way to improve them and get rid of many little issues. Kudos to you all!

However, off hand I think of one more thing that would seem necessary to pull this together and make it work smoothly for players. That is, it sounds like in order for this to work well we will also need a sigil and rune storage of some sort that is common to all characters. Otherwise, without it players are still going to have to swap items around constantly and have sigils and runes falling out, but now perhaps they fall out onto the other character?

Mostly I am just wondering what the plan is on the rune, sigil, infusion side of all this. Cause this sounds terrific IF I wont have to still move all those other equally important bits around and if I no longer have to buy a full set of templates just to be able to swap legendary weapons without ever needing to worry that sigils will fall out if its not in some other template. If you can do that I will say this is super super awesome. Otherwise TBH I would be concerned it would not necessarily be much improvement.

At present I have to say I was happier before with 1 equipment load out and a build for each mode that auto changed Vs. having the present template system and wouldn't mind just having it back (or a way to just disable the templates and have the old system). That said, again Thank you! This really does sound like it could be a very nice improvement!

@"Vegeta.2563" said:I'm actually kind of concerned about legendary items that have skins on them, if those are shared across, or if we have the flexibility to use skins per character.

^^ This, to some extent, also concerns me. I mean some times the skins will work on another toon, BUT certain races (char) and obviously genders can have VERY different looks from the same skin. Also what about race specific armor skins. Therefore, this really does seem to be a bit of an issue too. Another suggested some type of "outfit plate" could be used to allow each character to retain a set of skins that overlays as an outfit would. Either seems doable off hand. Although this isnt a showstopper issue, it is still a potentially significant limitation/downside.

The easy solution/alternative would be what another suggested, which is simply to make Legendary armor able to be duplicated so we can just have each weight set on any toons of that weight. It effectively gives players the same function, but would seem much easier to code would improve the reward from legendaries despite the downgrade they got from templates being added.

Maybe like the AP skins are so we can just basically pull new ones from the hero panel when ever.

This is very good idea, but, atleast for me, it also brings the need of 'Skin Templates'...https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/92903/suggestion-custom-outfit-skin-templatesWhat i mean:I love fashion in this game. I have many variations of gear combinations. Equipment Template and Legendary Armor makes it really hard to use those different gear-skin-combinations, using transmutation charges from time to time and re-fill dye from screenshots is very annoying ordeal. Getting transmutation charges is a breeze, and skin templates should not be a problem to add. Especially now if legendary armor will be account-wide thing. How this will be reflected on per-character armor skins that also can be restricted to race-specific armor skins?Example: I have medium legendary armor with Assassin Coat skin ( human cultural ). It can't be used on Sylvari unless transmuted.

When it was just a single Equipment Template before Template patch. We could use our Ascended gear to have, for example, two ascended helms with same stats, rune and infusions but different skin, and switch between them from inventory ( hood in winter maps, face mask in summer maps :) ). In this case one item goes into inventory replacing the one that's been equipped filling the same inventory slot. But with templates, it just goes into template without returning or replcaing helm if helm is used in more than one template.P.s. now with Equipment Template i have no other choice but to say with one gear variation, that scares me even more with Legendary bank.

@Zok.4956 said:

@"mikeds.5608" said:just call it armory and make it work for ascended gear to.

exactly this!

No. While ascended gear is account bound, it's stats can't be changed and honestly, that would mean having to unlock every, single, stat combo for your ascended gear and have a VERY big armory for that. I'd rather it'd be limited to legendary gear since that is stat swappable on the fly. This is clearly the better option and honestly, it would give less incentive to get legendary gear. This is a good thing since it drives content to be done that provides legendary gear. On top of that, ascended gear is SO EASY to get that you'll never run out of it, thus the need for it to be in this kind of armory is pointless. I know people with stacks of ascended boxes in their banks and no, having the armory for that will not decrease that. It'll just make that gear even more useless.

Yes please do this, I actually expected from the very start for it to be this way because it's an account wide item.

@Voulex.4128 said:This sounds like a great Idea! But Im on the way to my 8th set of legendary armor.

So please add a system to get a refund for the additional crafted gear and spended pvp/wvw currency, because it will all be totally useless after the system will be implemented. We're talking about multiple thousends of gold that alot of ppl spend to craft legendary stuff for all of their professions.

When you have multiple legendary pieces, you have the benefit of not having to spend as many transmutation charges. Assuming they're going to make it so the pieces shared across share the same look too. This allows for many outlooks.

The concept of this feature also makes outfit a bit more interesting if you don't want to spend on charges either.

Like many others, I have made multiple sets of the same weight.

Please offer refunds for the materials including tokens / currency.

Do not do the option of getting an achievement like you did with owning duplicate legendary for duel wield. its very unfair.

Maybe offer a box that contains all the items and currency used at a vendor.Or at least have a vendor who buys / trades legendary armor for legendary trinkets / rings / weapons if returning the currency is not supported.

Most of my stuff was acquired via £ to Gems to gold. Thousands of pounds for duplicate items that are being made redundant. Please look after your customers.

While this new system sounds interesting for people that are currently working on their first set or their third set, it completely invalidates all the work and time for people that have done more than 3 legendary armour sets. If you really plan on going forward with this system, please take in consideration all the players that have invested so much in the game, regardless of how small that number of players may be.

@Kanok.3027 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@"mikeds.5608" said:just call it armory and make it work for ascended gear to.

exactly this!

No. While ascended gear is account bound, it's stats can't be changed and honestly, that would mean having to unlock every, single, stat combo for your ascended gear and have a VERY big armory for that.

You do not have to use it with ascended, if you do not want to. And, like now, now one has to unlock every single stat combo for ascended gear. An, like bank space, Anet can sell the extra (virtual) space.

So, that others could do this also for ascended gear would not worsen it for players, that only want to use it for legendary gear.

I'd rather it'd be limited to legendary gear since that is stat swappable on the fly. This is clearly the better option and honestly

It does not need to be limited to stat-swappable gear. And no, that limitation would not be the better option.

I actually don't understand why people complain that they want a refund. It is a cool feature for everybody. I bet the same complaints were done back then when legendary weapons were made Accound bound instead of soulbound, and there were also no refunds for people who bound one legy multiple times before. And still nobody would want the old times back.

@Flomix.3982 said:I actually don't understand why people complain that they want a refund. It is a cool feature for everybody. I bet the same complaints were done back then when legendary weapons were made Accound bound instead of soulbound, and there were also no refunds for people who bound one legy multiple times before. And still nobody would want the old times back.

So you are saying you don't understand the desire to recoup the thousands of gold and many hours spent farming for materials? I find the capacity of some people to see what's right in front of them amazing. Yes of course it is a cool feature. But unlike maybe one or two weapons you had to make 6 pieces of armor multiple times for each character. That's a lot of time, effort and money that is now potentially wasted due to this feature. I for one would have only made one suit of each type if this were introduced at the time of legendary armor release. Do you understand now?

@Heibi.4251 said:

@Flomix.3982 said:I actually don't understand why people complain that they want a refund. It is a cool feature for everybody. I bet the same complaints were done back then when legendary weapons were made Accound bound instead of soulbound, and there were also no refunds for people who bound one legy multiple times before. And still nobody would want the old times back.

So you are saying you don't understand the desire to recoup the thousands of gold and many hours spent farming for materials? I find the capacity of some people to see what's right in front of them amazing. Yes of course it is a cool feature. But unlike maybe one or two weapons you had to make 6 pieces of armor multiple times for each character. That's a lot of time, effort and money that is now potentially wasted due to this feature. I for one would have only made one suit of each type if this were introduced at the time of legendary armor release. Do you understand now?

Realize the folks that crafted multiple sets are an outlier and not the norm. A relatively very small percentage of GW2 players have invested that heavily. No one forced you to craft more legendries, its done for convenience and nothing else. This would be a huge QOL change for a majority of the player base. Now they have reason to complete sets, trinkets and weapons.

Personally, I think the system would be nice if it could work kinda like how the achievement point Zenith skins work. You can go to your armory and grab as many copies of a legendary that you've unlocked that you want. I don't imagine this would be a problem since once bound, a legendary only belongs to you and you only.

currently if i delete my character with legendary item because of accident or whatever reason, i also lose my legendary item along with my character, now with this new system called legendary armory , i wont lose my legendary item because it is in my armory and all i have to do is to make another character and give it the legendary item from my armory right away, am i right? can you confirm this please?

@"Heibi.4251" said:So you are saying you don't understand the desire to recoup the thousands of gold and many hours spent farming for materials? I find the capacity of some people to see what's right in front of them amazing. Yes of course it is a cool feature. But unlike maybe one or two weapons you had to make 6 pieces of armor multiple times for each character. That's a lot of time, effort and money that is now potentially wasted due to this feature. I for one would have only made one suit of each type if this were introduced at the time of legendary armor release. Do you understand now?

Ofc i know what you mean, but that's the case on everything. I know how much work it is to craft multiple sets, so what? That same argument could be used against making the core game free and then HoT free; those who bought those before also didn't get a refund years later. But crafting 6 or 20+ legy sets just for the added QoL is an absolute premium, and sure, those 0.04% of the players who spent that much gold might say "If I knew before...". But they still got the QoL way earlier than those who would benefit from this addition.I wouldn't have bought HoT multiple times if I knew I would get it for free with PoF. And I wouldn't have bought those fancy expensive skins and dyes that got in the Black Lion Chest rotation 2 days after, so the prices went through the floor. But It still wouldn't even cross my mind to ask for a refund.

@Zoricus.2439 said:

Realize the folks that crafted multiple sets are an outlier and not the norm. A relatively very small percentage of GW2 players have invested that heavily. No one forced you to craft more legendries, its done for convenience and nothing else. This would be a huge QOL change for a majority of the player base. Now they have reason to complete sets, trinkets and weapons.

This is very true. Super invested into the game and dont have any legendary armor sets. Weapons on the hand? I have alot of. Ascended items where cheaper, and easier to obtain with the few builds i run so i didnt need the convenience of the armor and i was going for the skins, which is why i stopped.

People who are complaining about multiple sets of the same weight just want compensation of some sort for the extra investment. I this could be fair, although, at the same time they aren't losing anything. They are just having the system changed in a way that obviously changes what the benefits are for doing so. This is why I can understand wanting some type of refund or compensation for the extra investment.

That said, also think it shouldn't be a full refund of materials. Maybe certain ones, but certainly not everything. The reason is, many people who unlocked say 3 sets of light legendary armor didn't ONLY do it to have legendary armor convenience on each toon.(If they did the new update seems to still provide that anyway) Rather, I would think most people who are making 3 sets of the same armor class/weight are probably wanting to unlock all the skin sets as much as anything which they still have the benefit of. Meaning, the pvp mistforged, wvw mistforged, and perfected envoy skin sets. Seems like this is extra value is retained. Just saying.