How does the EOTN Emissary Chest work?

Does it cycle through strike missions every week? Can I still open it with 3 green crystals next week or do I have to do the other strike missions next week to open it? I'm confused.I can solo the Forged Steel mission even with all challenges enabled pretty well so it seems like a good way to farm crystals since I despise strikes because I'm just getting back to raids after years of desperate trying to get back to them after my teammates from back then abandoned the game after a few months after the release of w2 and you need 250 to 500 (maybe even 1k) LI and Dhuum KP (or other difficult bosses) to even enter strike missions through LFG. Unfortunately I threw all my LI away back then when they had no use and couldn't be stored and only cluttered all the space of my bank and inventories so I can't link them anymore to be able to do strike missions.I'm really worried that the chest is cycling through the strike missions which means I'll be locked out from opening it due to above mentioned problems. I really want to get the meta achievement of this episode done as fast as possible because I usually get these done within day one or 2 days after release but it involves weapon collections this time which are locked behind the chest.Thanks in advance.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Priory_Emissary_Chest

You don't need LI or KP to do strikes. Some groups do request them but the anti-raid/strike people on these forums are grossly over-exaggerating how often this occurs.

You won't get it done anytime soon because you need to complete all achievements. Farming for shards, to get the armor, will take quite a long time as you need 570 of each shard color. The available color rotates each week although you could convert them to another color which is inefficient/time-consuming. You could also just purchase the armor for 2,250G.

You're stuck waiting for weeks as the weapons are only available from that chest.

Thanks for the info. Gladly you can now pick bosses aside from the weekly rotation in Raven Sanctum which makes it a bit easier, I think.Oh and I'm not exaggerating, it was just from my experience when I tried to look for groups on LFG and everything was filled with these. Also I'm not casual or anti, I do raids but with a long delay as I'm just getting back to it again after my previous static completely left the game.

Short update (although quite late as I opened the next chest on Monday after its reset): I noticed that crystal colors are (thankfully) not tied to specific bosses/missions (for example: green crystals are tied to "Forging Steel", blue to Raven Sanctum and Shiverpeaks Pass, red to Whisper of Jormag etc.) and that the colors change every week so that means nobody is forced to do specific bosses for specific crystal colors. This week the "Priory Emissary Chest", which used green crystals, changed to the "Vigil Emissary Chest" which is opened with blue crystals that are obtainable throughout every strike mission. Next week it will probably be an "Order of Whispers Emissary Chest" that can be opened with 3 red crystals that are also obtainable throughout every mission. However for some reason I have 20 red crystal shards (which make 1 full red crystal) for some reason despite the fact that red isn't in rotation this week.Thanks again for the answer, I think I got a handle on this now. My actual question and fear was if the colors are tied to specific missions.

@"Cynder.2509" said:Short update (although quite late as I opened the next chest on Monday after its reset): I noticed that crystal colors are (thankfully) not tied to specific bosses/missions (for example: green crystals are tied to "Forging Steel", blue to Raven Sanctum and Shiverpeaks Pass, red to Whisper of Jormag etc.) and that the colors change every week so that means nobody is forced to do specific bosses for specific crystal colors. This week the "Priory Emissary Chest", which used green crystals, changed to the "Vigil Emissary Chest" which is opened with blue crystals that are obtainable throughout every strike mission. Next week it will probably be an "Order of Whispers Emissary Chest" that can be opened with 3 red crystals that are also obtainable throughout every mission. However for some reason I have 20 red crystal shards (which make 1 full red crystal) for some reason despite the fact that red isn't in rotation this week.Thanks again for the answer, I think I got a handle on this now. My actual question and fear was if the colors are tied to specific missions.

The chest contains the next week’s color of currency.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Cynder.2509" said:Short update (although quite late as I opened the next chest on Monday after its reset): I noticed that crystal colors are (thankfully) not tied to specific bosses/missions (for example: green crystals are tied to "Forging Steel", blue to Raven Sanctum and Shiverpeaks Pass, red to Whisper of Jormag etc.) and that the colors change every week so that means nobody is forced to do specific bosses for specific crystal colors. This week the "Priory Emissary Chest", which used green crystals, changed to the "Vigil Emissary Chest" which is opened with blue crystals that are obtainable throughout every strike mission. Next week it will probably be an "Order of Whispers Emissary Chest" that can be opened with 3 red crystals that are also obtainable throughout every mission. However for some reason I have 20 red crystal shards (which make 1 full red crystal) for some reason despite the fact that red isn't in rotation this week.Thanks again for the answer, I think I got a handle on this now. My actual question and fear was if the colors are tied to specific missions.

The chest contains the next week’s color of currency.

Ah yes! Damn, I forgot about it. I remember reading it on the wiki but the wiki can't be reached at the moment so I forgot about that. Thanks for elaborating.