The new elite spec should focus on chemicals

Kodama.6453

O would love a condition based xpec for engi.... and if is something hybrid with healing as someone suggest before like PlageDoctor would be instant sell. Hands down.

I would like the alchemy/chemistry background for that... that would fit and would so cool! XD

I would hate an AI xpec as Golemancer or something similar. We already have too many “AI’s”. as turrets, old gyros (didn’t work and everyone love the rework to wells), so please no more, something new will be better!!

@Makuragee.3058 said:Never love alchemy, would be disapointed if it was the theme...

Imagine a d&d style alchemist using them for bombs with different effects and chugging them jekylle and hyde style. Like having a set of abilities tied to your weapon and utilities that play off the current alchemy but becoming much more offensive/defensive and then having a new form where you chug the hyde elixer and become a rampaging monster with high moblity /tankyness but locks you out of your alchemy during

@Frightlight.3796 said:

@"Makuragee.3058" said:Never love alchemy, would be disapointed if it was the theme...

Imagine a d&d style alchemist using them for bombs with different effects and chugging them jekylle and hyde style. Like having a set of abilities tied to your weapon and utilities that play off the current alchemy but becoming much more offensive/defensive and then having a new form where you chug the hyde elixer and become a rampaging monster with high moblity /tankyness but locks you out of your alchemy during

I was thinking of something like that for the elite mechanic. You get kind of the bar we have now on holo but instead shows "Toxicity" like in the Witcher 3. The more core elixirs/new concotions you chug the more "Toxicity" you have and it does... something. Transform? Or just puke all over the enemies. But then there needs to be some balance to that so you just don't spam elixirs all the time, and no idea how to introduce a trade-off (I hope they won't do the same they did with holo & scrapper by just replacing F5)

@Infusion.7149 said:If there's a new elite spec it's most likely condi. Holo is mostly power, scrapper is support generally.

Toxin/Plauge Doctor; Where you use chemical weaponry to spread plague after having studied the plague that had once happened in cantha? Give you the mad-scientist vibe lmfao!! ITS ALIVE!!!

Hell maybe you could build your own shiro-kin like constructs as well with your infection spawning these bloated infected around you, that do specific benefits and explode if killed so it basically makes you into a more genetic-engine as your focused on creating monstrosities to fight for you. Differing from the necromancer you're more like a plague-maker and not necessarily someone who spreads the plague through themselves. You do it with concoctions and more of a focus on potions, chemical weaponry and focused strikes that are used in controlled environments and not someone who just has an aura of plague around them.. (Paired with some electricity it could be a spooky spec for engie, and would really be set apart from the other specs.)

The could bring in golemancy, Soul-constructs and some of the other stuff such as the forged items we found in PoF and roll it together into this spec that just sits alone in theme when paired with other engineer specs.

I would be ok with the golemancer if its done right. But after a meta that forced us to take alchemy over and over personally I would not want any chemical themed skills.

An exo-suit would be really cool, or a golem suit, in my opinion. But also there is still an option for bodily modifications like mecha legs. Imagine that many people suffered from plague/war etc and they lost their health, damaged their body. After a while they would adapt and find solutions for it. A technology that can make you immune to the plague, give you enhanced abilities would be really interesting. Blish and his arm is an interesting example for what engi can get story wise actually. A silly idea but just wanted to share.