We should probably look at Lightning Rod

RegudonNA.4630

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:Sure, weaver has fewer damage multipliers, but it will still easily hit for 5+k on a crit.

build?

Iunno, I didnt exactly ask the guy who hit me for that in WvW what their build was. I wasnt exactly interested, and the whole process of whispering someone on the other side in WvW is annoying. Looked like your standard D/F Lightning Rod build to me though.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:Sure, weaver has fewer damage multipliers, but it will still easily hit for 5+k on a crit.

build?

Iunno, I didnt exactly ask the guy who hit me for that in WvW what their build was. I wasnt exactly interested, and the whole process of whispering someone on the other side in WvW is annoying. Looked like your standard D/F Lightning Rod build to me though.

oh ok wuvvy wuv. was thinking that would be kinda hard in pee vee pee.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

build?

Oh, right, were in the PvP category. I sometimes lose track of that. Yeah, in PvP I dont think you can hit for 5k. Looks like 3.2k is about as high as it gets, short of stacking might?

@UNOwen.7132 said:

build?

Oh, right, were in the PvP category. I sometimes lose track of that. Yeah, in PvP I dont think you can hit for 5k. Looks like 3.2k is about as high as it gets, short of stacking might?

Please share a build that will get 3.2k on lightning Rod in pvp. I can almost guarantee, it'll be an Ele with 11k hp, not even a crit chance above 75% without fury, and Ferocity max maybe at 250%.

Even then, the build wouldn't be playable, completely neutered by burst thieves, and all rights and purposes, useless.

@Stallic.2397 said:

build?

Please share a build that will get 3.2k on lightning Rod in pvp. I can almost guarantee, it'll be an Ele with 11k hp, not even a crit chance above 75% without fury, and Ferocity max maybe at 250%.

Even then, the build wouldn't be playable, completely neutered by burst thieves, and all rights and purposes, useless.

Well, youre right on the first 2. Crit damage is above 250%, thanks to a bunch of stacking ferocity multipliers. And yeah, its probably not a good build, though not because of thieves (Assassins Signet just ate a massive nerf, even a glass thief wont likely be bursting harder than 7k). But thats not the point, the point was that 3.2k is the highest you can get and that, as a result, 5k isnt achievable.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

build?

Well, youre right on the first 2. Crit damage is above 250%, thanks to a bunch of stacking ferocity multipliers. And yeah, its probably not a good build, though not because of thieves (Assassins Signet just ate a massive nerf, even a glass thief wont likely be bursting harder than 7k). But thats not the point, the point was that 3.2k is the highest you can get and that, as a result, 5k isnt achievable.

The highest an Ele can achieve.... in a perfect scenario.

Meaning, you have to take air and arcane traitline, you have to be attuned to air, with fury, using an arcane skill that grants elemental surge, with an amulet that has high Ferocity which means little defense by means of vitality, toughness or both. All to proc lightning Rod that will get you only 3.2k damage? Which honestly, I don't even think it will grant you that much.

And yet there's a whole thread about it being too high??? To OP?? Even more ironic, other classes are complaining about their damage nerfs!

... Yeah, I'm done.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"RegudonNA.4630" said:Trait does quite a bit of damage and applies weakness - one of the strongest conditions In the game.

Theres been other complaints about earth shield (which is fine) but the the complaints come from lightning rod. There have been complaints about shocking aura and lightning hammer... when the problems come from lightning rod.

It does too much and is flying under the radar.

That's a vague and customized complaint.

Lightning Rod is fine. If It's too much on weaver, you have a weaver problem. More likely you wish to work less for a win than others.

Doing damage and applying weakness for 3 secs on a hard CC (which are on long CD's, except Weaver air), and they aren't spammable fyi. You can chain the ones you have, but it's a short chain. The damage is so pitiful, I believe you to be trolling, or a sore loser.

People complain about whiners, but in reality they complain about you.

Im not sure why people keep repeating that "it does low damage". It
really
doesnt. Its a 1.5 scaling skill. Thats only 0.3 less than a back backstab, which is 1.8 scaling. Sure, weaver has fewer damage multipliers, but it will still easily hit for 5+k on a crit.

Edit: Pulmonary Impact, now
that
skill does low damage, and did even before this patch overnerfed it. And it got nerfed by 66%. Lightning Rod already did 2+ times the damage, and was untouched.

LR has never hit 5k+ on a single hit ever. That is a lie.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@"RegudonNA.4630" said:Trait does quite a bit of damage and applies weakness - one of the strongest conditions In the game.

Theres been other complaints about earth shield (which is fine) but the the complaints come from lightning rod. There have been complaints about shocking aura and lightning hammer... when the problems come from lightning rod.

It does too much and is flying under the radar.

That's a vague and customized complaint.

Lightning Rod is fine. If It's too much on weaver, you have a weaver problem. More likely you wish to work less for a win than others.

Doing damage and applying weakness for 3 secs on a hard CC (which are on long CD's, except Weaver air), and they aren't spammable fyi. You can chain the ones you have, but it's a short chain. The damage is so pitiful, I believe you to be trolling, or a sore loser.

People complain about whiners, but in reality they complain about you.

Im not sure why people keep repeating that "it does low damage". It
really
doesnt. Its a 1.5 scaling skill. Thats only 0.3 less than a back backstab, which is 1.8 scaling. Sure, weaver has fewer damage multipliers, but it will still easily hit for 5+k on a crit.

Edit: Pulmonary Impact, now
that
skill does low damage, and did even before this patch overnerfed it. And it got nerfed by 66%. Lightning Rod already did 2+ times the damage, and was untouched.

LR has never hit 5k+ on a single hit ever. That is a lie.

On PvP, no. In WvW? Yeah it has. I suspect it was a glass build, and I was certainly a glass build, but I got blown up by it.

@Stallic.2397 said:

build?

Meaning, you have to take air and arcane traitline, you have to be attuned to air, with fury, using an arcane skill that grants elemental surge, with an amulet that has high Ferocity which means little defense by means of vitality, toughness or both. All to proc lightning Rod that will get you only 3.2k damage? Which honestly, I don't even think it will grant you that much.

And yet there's a whole thread about it being too high??? To OP?? Even more ironic, other classes are complaining about their damage nerfs!

... Yeah, I'm done.

You gotta keep context in mind. The context for the 3.2k was just "5k isnt doable in sPvP". Also, it wasnt actually using Elemental Surge. That should add a bit more damage, I guess? Iunno, maybe its closer to 3.4k, not really that important.

However, the point is that Lightning Rod is far and away the most powerful of the on-Interrupt traits, and it doesnt even need to interrupt unlike them. And it was borderline too strong, but it turns out it was nerfed and the patch notes just forgot to mention it. And if youre referring to me complaining about Pulmonary impact, Lightning Rod still, with a normal build, crits for at least 2k, probably 2.5k. Pulmonary Impact hits for at most 600, and with a normal build its closer to 200-400. Its that much worse. The trait is a troll pick.

@Stallic.2397 said:

build?

... Yeah, I'm done.

its not about damage being too high or too low.CC doesnt deal damage.LR as the strongest damaging trait on CC was left almost untouched.Compare it to other CC traits. PB deals less dmg, has cooldown and is interrupt only.Thiefs rupt trait deals less dmg, and harder to proc ( its lower tier trait but still )It just brakes the rules that were set up by the last patch.Patch made CC -> deals no damage.ele deals dmg with cc -> ele cheats intentions of the patch.Is it good or too strong? I dont fucking know, dont play ele.But I bet ele has ALOT of random CC jammed into their 100 skills and perma weakness from that trait could be aids.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

build?

... Yeah, I'm done.

its not about damage being too high or too low.CC doesnt deal damage.LR as the strongest damaging trait on CC was left almost untouched.Compare it to other CC traits. PB deals less dmg, has cooldown and is interrupt only.Thiefs rupt trait deals less dmg, and harder to proc ( its lower tier trait but still )It just brakes the rules that were set up by the last patch.Patch made CC -> deals no damage.ele deals dmg with cc -> ele cheats intentions of the patch.Is it good or too strong? I dont kitten know, dont play ele.But I bet ele has ALOT of random CC jammed into their 100 skills and perma weakness from that trait could be aids.

Lower trait skills shouldnt even be weaker, so thats doubly a problem on the thief trait (which also does only damage).

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

build?

... Yeah, I'm done.

its not about damage being too high or too low.CC doesnt deal damage.LR as the strongest damaging trait on CC was left almost untouched.Compare it to other CC traits. PB deals less dmg, has cooldown and is interrupt only.Thiefs rupt trait deals less dmg, and harder to proc ( its lower tier trait but still )It just brakes the rules that were set up by the last patch.Patch made CC -> deals no damage.ele deals dmg with cc -> ele cheats intentions of the patch.Is it good or too strong? I dont kitten know, dont play ele.But I bet ele has ALOT of random CC jammed into their 100 skills and perma weakness from that trait could be aids.

I don't mind LR coeff reduced to 0.01 for the sake of balance philosophy, but they would have to increase damage somewhere else. Has anyone ever complained about an ele power dmg burst except FA? Insta casts/procs has been the only reliable way for ele to do power bursts. Because weapon skills just suck for that purpose.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

build?

... Yeah, I'm done.

I don't mind LR coeff reduced to 0.01 for the sake of balance philosophy, but they would have to increase damage somewhere else
.Power block recieved ICD of 3 seconds, non-crit, no compensations.Lost time deleted entirely. No compensations and basically left as a placeholder.Shattered aegis non-crit, no compensations.As I said, they should reward brainless CC spam, which is LR about, no compensations either, just as everyone else :)

@Odik.4587 said:

build?

... Yeah, I'm done.

I don't mind LR coeff reduced to 0.01 for the sake of balance philosophy, but they would have to increase damage somewhere else
.Power block recieved ICD of 3 seconds, non-crit, no compensations.Lost time deleted entirely. No compensations and basically left as a placeholder.Shattered aegis non-crit, no compensations.As I said, they should reward brainless CC spam, which is LR about, no compensations either, just as everyone else :)

Mes still has more base hp, stealth, clones, distort. Guard still has more armor and most op spec out there. Also eles got their share of non-crits/no compensations too.

Edit: If you remove all damaging traits from ele, they'll just go back to whatever unkillable meme bunker build (again).

@Leonidrex.5649 said:It just brakes the rules that were set up by the last patch.Patch made CC -> deals no damage.ele deals dmg with cc -> ele cheats intentions of the patch.LR is NOT a CC ! Its a trait in addition to CCs@Odik.4587 said:As I said, they should reward brainless CC spam, which is LR about, no compensations either, just as everyone elseThen this trait is completely deleted

We are talking about 2k -3k crit dmg here while ele has max 50% precision (incl fury). If ppl think thats OP then delete it and give ele something else.Would be ok for me because LR isnt a big deal at all.Just want to mention that its still necro, FB and rev that are overperforming, but ele seems to be the new nerf target here in the forum.Nerf earth shield, nerf shock aura, nerf lightning rod, nerf druid, nerf core mesmer, what comes next?These threads are so clueless that it hurts !

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

build?

... Yeah, I'm done.

Mes still has more base hp, stealth, clones, distort. Guard still has more armor and most op spec out there
. Also eles got their share of non-crits/no compensations too.What kind of meme is that? /facepalmMany classes with nerfs got nothing in return, everyone start to talk "BUT BUT COMPENSATE IT SOMEWEHRE ELSE!" all the time about their "main" but never speak about it while screaming for nerfs.
did x2 less damage than your cancer-rod, now this trait basically doesnt exist (3s alacrity is like 1s chill, with 3s icd IF slow was applied, as a grandmaster, hue) it would be fair to delete lrod as well since "damage on CC" traits are unacceptable. And once again, brainless CC spam shouldnt be rewarded.Edit: If you remove all damaging traits from ele, they'll just go back to whatever unkillable meme bunker build (again).No one is deleting all dps traits from ele, its just about removing brainless CC spam for damage/weakness. IIRC air traitline had neat buffs (and not only air, when major traits were merged into minors)@hotte in space.2158You arent making even a tiny bit of sense. W/e

@UNOwen.7132 said:

build?

... Yeah, I'm done.

Lower trait skills shouldnt even be weaker, so thats doubly a problem on the thief trait (which also does only damage).

every class has weaker traits in lower tiers, if you have a problem with that take it with the devs.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:The real question is why ele need LR to be a viable power build

Ele has no viable power build either way, in reality the base dmg is abysmal even with a zerker amulet because they nerfed direct dmg on a class which wasn't excelling in direct dmg to start with, nerfing that trait won't harm ele anyway because there is nothing to harm really...playing bunker is all there is and there ever will but alas you can play a mighty one now, that can frustrate the hell out of people and still whittle their life little by little.

You're wasting breath even attempting a fruitless discussion

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

build?

... Yeah, I'm done.

Playing a condi "sit back with staff and let clones do the rest" build seems to be what the vast majority of mesmers can play, nerf that build and they will pour on the forum like bees on honey. The removal of LR won't do you any bit of good...the glory days of condi relaxed gameplay are not coming back, time wasted on the forum asking for nerfs left and right would be better used to learn new gameplay options

So everyone is complaining about a trait that hits hard in WvW. Where everyone is a glass build or under-geared. Where there are damage foods and sigils. Where they can have party members boost their damage to the absolute max instead of having to do it themselves. In the PvP forum. Just stop making things up. In PvP it's hitting maybe an average of 1k unless you are pure glass, in which case it hits maybe 1.9k if you always crit; past that you need tons of buffs and tons of vulnerability applied and you'd be dead because you'd have to use the Rune of Aristocracy with Tornado on another glass cannon as you stand in one place and hope you don't die.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

build?

... Yeah, I'm done.

Playing a condi "sit back with staff and let clones do the rest" build seems to be what the vast majority of mesmers can play, nerf that build and they will pour on the forum like bees on honey. The removal of LR won't do you any bit of good...the glory days of condi relaxed gameplay are not coming back, time wasted on the forum asking for nerfs left and right would be better used to learn new gameplay options

First of all, I didnt ask for nerfs.Sec of all I dont play staff, and I doubt many people do becouse it sucksThirdly, even before patch I didnt play staff very often becouse axe is more funFourthly why are you even attacking me ?LR is what mesmer/thief has but worse. And it cheats the rules set up by the patch.Lost time was SHITTY version of LR and it wasnt nerfed. it was REMOVED from the game.PI and PB both deal MUCH less dmg, have cooldowns and are MUCH MUCH harder to proc at the same time.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

build?

... Yeah, I'm done.

every class has weaker traits in lower tiers, if you have a problem with that take it with the devs.

And every class also has stronger traits in lower tiers. Trickery has its best trait in the Master category. Holos best trait is in the Adept category. Higher tier traits are supposed to be more complex/flashy, not better.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Well back to core elementalist since everyone wants to hammer the kitten class into non-existence. Got FA nerfed, got Fire weaver nerfed, got water sword nerfed, celestial DD nerfed, cantrips, useless traits, obsidian reworked four times, staff doing no damage, frostbow no damage, focus are only defense lifeline, ToF pointless, stability gutted.

When are y'all gonna GIVE??? Look what you did to scrapper?? Look what you did to mirage, to scourge, gunflame, Warrior dagger, most of the spell breaker skills, Steal, Core Guardian AND Dragonhunter, Chronomancer. The list is practically endless with what THESE particular forums has caused. I actually need to know when is enough is enough, because, my word, we can't have ANY specializations do anything unique unless it is like Core Revenant/Renegade tier. And this is going for ALL classes at this point, not just my mains or other people's mains. The worst part is Anet LISTENS to this and actually believes this is constructive.

How dare they nerf DD eles when 80% of esl games consisted of them?How dare they nerf water Weaver when it tanked 1v4 at the highest level games?How dare they nerf fire Weaver when the only counter to it was water Weaver?How dare they nerf FA ele the same way every other one shot build got nerfed?

@UNOwen.7132 said:

build?

... Yeah, I'm done.

And every class also has stronger traits in lower tiers. Trickery has its best trait in the Master category. Holos best trait is in the Adept category. Higher tier traits are supposed to be more complex/flashy, not better.

We have to distinguish trais that deal damage , from the ones where are for defensive option .The elites traits should be something not attractive , but the only thing they offers , is the usage of expansion appropriate weapons and utilities.

PI (thief) + LP(mesmers) , should be in a offensive Traitline , which goal is to do damage just like Ele's Lighting Rod (which is on Air)