Is it a good time to come back to GW2?

I left about a year ago. Went to Elona, not up to my expectation as the Elona from GW1.. So after finished the story, I quit.

To cut story short, I'm a GW 1 loyalist and I didn't like GW2 that much. I feel like the direction that they took could've been so much better, But, that's a discussion for another day..

Since yesterday, basically, I got bored and work has been instructed to do it from home, so I got plenty of time now. Considering to play either Wow (hated the art and graphic), FF 14(Kinda stale after a while, and queuing up for DPS classes are really annoyingly long), ESO (never like any elder scroll game), or GW2 (love and hate relationship).

Leaning toward GW2 for familiarity reason, but I'll be playing solo, and I remember the difficulty in Maguuma was very high, I struggled a lot back then playing solo.

Anyway, I babbled too much and making little point. So I'll just ask the question from the title of the thread.

Thanks

In general it is a very good time to come back or start new, since a lot of people seem to be picking up the game right now. Also, with the Cantha Expac on the horizon, there's something to look forward to on the long run.

OTOH, in your specific case, I don't know... It's not GW1 and it's not like GW1. GW1 is still running, though.

IMHO yes. I got really fed up with Arena Net over the years because of their in my opinion atrocious balancing approach (mostly PvP and WvW related) but for a while now I've been thoroughly enjoying the game again. This so much so that I've found myself doing a lot of PvE too where we got to see some nice things (last update is fun) and a good lookout on the future too. It feels like the company is finally putting some effort into their game. The intention is absolutely there.

Be aware though that this is all just my personal opinion and that the game is not perfect (but what really is?).

The core gameplay loop has not changed. If you don't like that, then I'm sorry, but maybe this isn't your game.

There are, however, new maps, activities, and missions available (many are through Living World chapters, so you may have to purchase some if you've missed them). Additionally, there have been a large number of changes and tweaks, so previous skill sets and meta builds will function differently now.

I bounce between GW1 and GW2 when I find things getting boring.GW1 has all my favorite prestige armors, The Decade Weapons, and it's the base which GW2 is built upon.GW2 is expansive in where your character can go, what it can do, and has a ton of skins for both armor and weapons.I think GW2 is trying to become more group oriented. I wonder if the next expansion with boost that into hyper-drive.

Step away from the game for a few days/weeks, start a new profession/race from Lvl 1, or even do zombie work like gathering mats. The game is what you put into it.

Any time is a good time to return here - no sub :-)Having played most MMOs out there , GW2 is still the best overall MMO for casual play, (IMO of course) which I'm assuming is what you're looking for if you're mainly playing solo. And I say that after dropping out a couple months back, currently playing ESO and WoW Classic, both of which are great games too, in their own right (even if having to pay full sub for WoW Classic annoys me). Played GW2 since launch, dropped out, dropped back in, skipped HoT launch but picked it up later - my favorite part of GW2 (metas is where this game shines). And I know I'll be back again; got a ready new character slot and stack of gems (both earned in-game with gold-to-gems), waiting for that next expansion. If you missed PoF, don't hesitate. It's great for solo play, and the mounts alone make it worth it to help you finish HoT.TL;DR: yes ;-)

[short] So much potential in this, it just doesn't feel rewarding to play. I would come back to play when i heard a lot of very good news.

[Long] It was really interesting to watch that youtube video (watch?v=xgT8Meckjwg) from woodenpotatoes, where he talked about the game's problem. And i really agree that the game would need to take a complete change about balancing the game's difficulty.

Starting from the personal story, make those fights feel like you're having a challenge, not like it's a walk into a park. it gets so boring to play these.

Dungeons, when you play them solo, it really feels like very difficult challenge, you actually feel like you can put your different weapon/utility skills on an actual use.On the HOT expansions last mission there was that hardcore mote, that is difficult stuff, would be really nice to get same kind of thing to the current dungeons.

I would really like to see more party/guild content to play, not just that whole running with random people in the world stuff, using autoattack to kill big monsters.Last time i played, i felt like a fractals were to only good thing for party content, but i feel like the game could offer use a lot more.

Like Woodenpotatoes said, that the game is going on the wrong direction, when it only supports casual mindless gameplay. And leaves those challenge seeking players in the shadows, where they try to find their own challenges.

Also when you play pve content, don't you guys think that the whole game is just a trash simulator, where you spend most of the time cleaning your inventory, open bags to get other bags to get more junk to fill your inventory.

After you're done with all the daily limited content, you end up in LA to look around other characters, maybe talk som shit in the chat, cos you dont know what to do next. Would be really nice if this daily limit would be removed like from world bosses/dungs, so you could actually do them again, and not spend your time afking. well if not remove then make the limit smaller. Making other accounts to do these just feels awful.

The Game also has a lot of champions and legendary monsters in the world, would be really nice to get an option to kill them solo or as party. So that random people don't ruin you challenge.