Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:It is obvious that so many people are concerned about transmutations to armor and backpacks.

So it is about time the equipment slot is what is transmuted and dyed and the armor is no longer involved.A check mark on every equipment box would be nice too but not needed.

Mmh but that would also mean that transfering your ascended gear from one char to another would cost you 15 transmutation charges now, I don't know if I would like that better, I like to switch the character "inside" my gear from time to time, without changing the skins. It would make sense for the new shared legies only, but not in general.I could rather imagine something like a "unlock skin" storage for every individual item, where you pay transmutation charges to reskin an item as before, but you can switch back to previously payed skins for that exact item. That way transmutation charges wouldn't become worthless, but the skin problem would still be addressed.

@"Moradorin.6217" said:People who are complaining about multiple sets of the same weight just want compensation of some sort for the extra investment. I this could be fair, although, at the same time they aren't losing anything. They are just having the system changed in a way that obviously changes what the benefits are for doing so. This is why I can understand wanting some type of refund or compensation for the extra investment.

That said, also think it shouldn't be a full refund of materials. Maybe certain ones, but certainly not everything. The reason is, many people who unlocked say 3 sets of light legendary armor didn't ONLY do it to have legendary armor convenience on each toon.(If they did the new update seems to still provide that anyway) Rather, I would think most people who are making 3 sets of the same armor class/weight are probably wanting to unlock all the skin sets as much as anything which they still have the benefit of. Meaning, the pvp mistforged, wvw mistforged, and perfected envoy skin sets. Seems like this is extra value is retained. Just saying.

I think they should only expect the same kinda treatment as someone who had crafted two of the same legendary weapons long ago, "Twice Told Legend". Maybe make it some kinda AP reward with a set of 6 transmute charges.

Personally I think this is a great idea. That way, people will be motivated to work towards getting more legendaries, especially if they are alt crazed like I am.

I do have some concerns though:

• would it include weapons, trinkets and etc?
  • will it transfer basically the same item with the skin and color that is currently applied, if transmoged?
  • Will it be free? I don't think the community would like to get another gem spender, like it happened with the release of templates?

Overall I am excited about the update and it sounds really cool. Can't wait to see it in the game!

Well this is good news!. I just want to add what i would want to see from this!. Make the Wardrobe universal, So That if you changing a Armor/Gear pice it wont affect the transmutations of that appearances that you have chosen for the character.

I also hope that some point in future you add an option so that we can mix match styls from all armor weight, betwen hevey,medium,light!. Maby you guys could start with just give us the option to use all the Gloves,Boots,Shoulders,Helmets, styls no mather with armor weight you are!.

That would open upp so much posebilitys and it would offer somthing that no other game offers!. And thos styls would not bugg to much with Chest and legs not being included. Even tho i would love to see some day, That all Transmutations would be accessible for all classes at some point. <3 <3 <3 B)

Without some form of free skin chooser for people with legendaries - we’re going to have people running around in the same armour / weapons everywhere if they have invested in legendary items potentially no need anymore for anything else.

@Flomix.3982 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:It is obvious that so many people are concerned about transmutations to armor and backpacks.

So it is about time the equipment slot is what is transmuted and dyed and the armor is no longer involved.
A check mark on every equipment box would be nice too but not needed.

Mmh but that would also mean that transfering your ascended gear from one char to another would cost you 15 transmutation charges now,

You already would be doing that.

I like to switch the character "inside" my gear from time to time, without changing the skins.

You need to be a lot more specific on what that means. If you mean putting it on a new character, then they can make blank equipment slots cost nothing the first time around. Would certainly set someone up right away after buying a new equipment tab.

so the armory works like a transmutation charge, but the item you got in the template gets transferred between characters directly without using shared inventory slot. So I luckily made just my first legendary 2 weeks back.

So if I use it on my Thief and save the template and got another class which has access to the same weapon type I can load the template with this weapon in it. And it will retain all current bonuses of legendary gear like stat swaping. Correct? Will it be directly selectable in the template or do I still need to switch it with the character once in order to load it into the armory? Will this apply to legendary gear that got transmuted already?

What about trinkets?Will I be able to turn off the trinkets visual effects? I'd hate to be forced to farm countless ascended trinket sets with new legendary armory being available, because I hate blobs trinkets bring with them.

What about runes/sigils?I have to craft one rune and one sigil to "unlock it account wide", or one per slot I want to use it in?

What about skins?Will skins be character bound? Let's face it, fashion wars is the true end game >.<

-

Overall idea is amazing if it will be well implemented. I love the fact that I will only need PvP ascended version for the looks while putting the mats in some weapon I use account wide (or trinkets if the visuals will be togglable)

Also, will I be able to sell Jars of Distilled Glory, Stars of Glory, Records of League Victories/Participation and Globs of Condensed Spirit Energy somewhere since I won't be needing them anymore and I bought set needed for leggy armor already?

@Heibi.4251 said:

@"Flomix.3982" said:I actually don't understand why people complain that they want a refund. It is a cool feature for everybody. I bet the same complaints were done back then when legendary weapons were made Accound bound instead of soulbound, and there were also no refunds for people who bound one legy multiple times before. And still nobody would want the old times back.

So you are saying you don't understand the desire to recoup the thousands of gold and many hours spent farming for materials? I find the capacity of some people to see what's right in front of them amazing. Yes of course it is a cool feature. But unlike maybe one or two weapons you had to make 6 pieces of armor multiple times for each character. That's a lot of time, effort and money that is now potentially wasted due to this feature. I for one would have only made one suit of each type if this were introduced at the time of legendary armor release. Do you understand now?

You didnt buy Teamplates , because they where overpriced and they where not account bound to share among your other characters .So instead you created multiply sets to , to fight against it .What is again the problem ?Still Legendaries Templates , will have the same free spots as normal Teamplates .....so having more legenderies gear remain more beneficial , and you dont have to unlock anything else from the Gemstore

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1124740#Comment_1124740

Heibi.4251December 24, 2019

@Heibi.4251 said:After the holiday break I would like to see an update and some possible answers to the multitude of questions and feedback you received, ANET:Here are three core questions I'd like to see answered:

1. Cost - Are you going to lower the cost of adding "templates"? The Vast Majority believe this feature is too expensive. If you are going keep it that way, at least make the purchases ACCOUNT WIDE. It makes no sense for people to purchase dozens if not hundreds of expansions to a feature for separate characters. I for one stopped at the primary characters I use and will not spend another dime/gem on templates at this time unless this is addressed.
  2. Legendary Equipment fix - Are you addressing the Legendary equipment problem when we swap in equipment? This feature was supposed make switching builds easier, but it does not do this.
  3. Are you going to lock the builds or give us a check box that locks the builds so that simply switching a piece of equipment or a skill doesn't alter a "saved" build?

I think, it is partially a great idea. It is to much for to little effort. Due to the possibility to change stats whenever you want, legendary armor is is a great improvment compared to ascended armor and in my opinion, thats enough. But I like the idea to have the possibility to have a - maybe lets call it "godlike" - armorset or weapons that I can use every time at every character. For this armorset, I would be willing to invest some additional effort. For example, one can do some new collections by doing events like for the first legendary weapons to deserve the "godlike" armor.

@Heibi.4251 said:So you are saying you don't understand the desire to recoup the thousands of gold and many hours spent farming for materials?

I do understand, why some (rich) players, that have multiple legendary sets, think that they are entitled to some form of compensation to become richer.

However, because Anet is not taking anything away from these players, there should'nt be a compensation in gold/currency etc. . I think some title/appreciation for those players should be enough.

@xAtri.9378 said:Awesome update. Thank you so much!

However, how will it affect people who have made more than 3 weights of legendary armour. I have 2 sets of Heavy and 2 sets of Light legendary armour.

This update basically wastes all the resources spent on those items. :|

Exactly my situation. I just made a second heavy set (already had 2 light and 1 heavy) about a week ago. I'd like to think I didnt just waste all those mats and WvW tickets. Maybe make a vendor which will refund components or gold or mats or something for finished legendary armo pieces.

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Heibi.4251" said:So you are saying you don't understand the desire to recoup the thousands of gold and many hours spent farming for materials?

I do understand, why some (rich) players, that have multiple legendary sets, think that they are entitled to some form of compensation to become richer.

However, because Anet is not taking anything away from these players, there should'nt be a compensation in gold/currency etc. . I think some title/appreciation for those players should be enough.

I know many players who aren't "rich" who save up money and farmed mats to make extra sets of armor. And wanting to be compensated for a massive change like this is after working hard to create those sets is not a sense of entitlement.

@Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

@"Flomix.3982" said:I actually don't understand why people complain that they want a refund. It is a cool feature for everybody. I bet the same complaints were done back then when legendary weapons were made Accound bound instead of soulbound, and there were also no refunds for people who bound one legy multiple times before. And still nobody would want the old times back.

So you are saying you don't understand the desire to recoup the thousands of gold and many hours spent farming for materials? I find the capacity of some people to see what's right in front of them amazing. Yes of course it is a cool feature. But unlike maybe one or two weapons you had to make 6 pieces of armor multiple times for each character. That's a lot of time, effort and money that is now potentially wasted due to this feature. I for one would have only made one suit of each type if this were introduced at the time of legendary armor release. Do you understand now?

You didnt buy Teamplates , because they where overpriced and they where not account bound to share among your other characters .So instead you created multiply sets to , to fight against it .What is again the problem ?Still Legendaries Templates , will have the same free spots as normal Teamplates .....so having more legenderies gear remain more beneficial , and you dont have to unlock anything else from the Gemstore

@Heibi.4251 said:After the holiday break I would like to see an update and some possible answers to the multitude of questions and feedback you received, ANET:Here are three core questions I'd like to see answered:
  1. Cost - Are you going to lower the cost of adding "templates"? The Vast Majority believe this feature is too expensive. If you are going keep it that way, at least make the purchases ACCOUNT WIDE. It makes no sense for people to purchase dozens if not hundreds of expansions to a feature for separate characters. I for one stopped at the primary characters I use and will not spend another dime/gem on templates at this time unless this is addressed.
  2. Legendary Equipment fix - Are you addressing the Legendary equipment problem when we swap in equipment? This feature was supposed make switching builds easier, but it does not do this.
  3. Are you going to lock the builds or give us a check box that locks the builds so that simply switching a piece of equipment or a skill doesn't alter a "saved" build?

Your post makes no sense. Legendary items had nothing to do with the build templates. I had multiple sets BEFORE the build templates, as did many others.

@Heibi.4251 said:

Your post makes no sense. Legendary items had nothing to do with the build templates. I had multiple sets BEFORE the build templates, as did many others.

Normally i would have asked , why you need multiply Legendary Sets ..when a Free addon called ArcDPS Teplates was around since Octomber 2017 and did the same job....but nvm ..you win

What I hope to see from a legendary armory is:

1: It basicly being a shared inventory / bank space that allows me to equip any legendary (armor/weapon/jewelry/back) stored in there on any of my characters without having to equip/unequip endlessly.2: Every equipment template (1-6) on every character having an individual wardrobe when using the same legendary armor pieces.3: Have legendary runes/sigils be stored in there too4: It not being atrociously monetized.

@Setz.9675 said:4: It not being atrociously monetized.this is depend from each.Try make parallel: for example for me Equipment Template Tab price 500 gems cam be actual if it unlock that additional tab on each account. And valid price between 50 - 100. But I know for some people 500 gems is reasonable price.So how additional benefits will appear no one still don't know expert Anet developers.