The new patch for glyph summons did not fix the main issue.

Summoned Elementals: Fixed a bug that caused elementals to be killed prematurely when using certain skills that lock the skill bar.Cool.... so why would you leave in the dumb mounting kills your summons bug?I assume its a bug because noone could think this would be a good idea.With the way it is now you might as well just unbind your mount and play like your in vanilla.....

This might be harder to solve, because engineer turrets and ranger spirits are also killed when mounting. It's only the necromancer minions which get restored, if it doesn't bug out and kills them too.

The way the code handles these things may make it hard to fix, but I'd also love it if someday they can actually improve it as desired.

I was poking around looking to see how viable (and convenient) an elementalist summoning build is presently. While I'm curious whether this will adjusted, not fixed, from what I'm reading there's a pretty big difference between persistent and "combat" summons. The latter has a duration; and everything with a duration gets 'killed' by mounts. Minis are persistent and also stick around, like necro pets.

My assumption is that this is how it'll be unless they decide to truly revamp the idea of an elementalist summoner and give persistent pets. No idea what the tradeoff would be there with cost, power, etc. I would very much like to play one of these instead of undead pets, but I'm not holding my breath.