Will we ever be accepted?

Twilight Tempest.7584

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Mes from gw2 is not that original, there are plenty of similar classes in other games, even f2p ones.Now mes from the first gw, that was original at least on mmorpgs (blue counterspell deck on MtG based).

I don’t want to attack you or anything. I’m just curious wich games do you mean? I’m looking for a new one but can’t find a good game with a class like a Mesmer in gw2. (Pls don’t say BDO haha I don’t like that)

@Senqu.8054 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Mes from gw2 is not that original, there are plenty of similar classes in other games, even f2p ones.Now mes from the first gw, that was original at least on mmorpgs (blue counterspell deck on MtG based).

I don’t want to attack you or anything. I’m just curious wich games do you mean? I’m looking for a new one but can’t find a good game with a class like a Mesmer in gw2. (Pls don’t say BDO haha I don’t like that)

First game that came to mind was one of the perfect world entertainment, can't remember the name since I've played it even before gw2 released, you could summon a bunch of clones and they would follow you and attack at the same time you did.As far as I know, I don't play them, ESO and Dofus both have the same clone stuff too.

I mean I'm not saying that the games are good, all I'm saying is that gw2's mesmer is far from original.

Honestly, every time I see this sort of discussion, I want to ask "if it's so broken, why don't you try it yourself?"

That's the principle I try to take, and four times out of five, it turns out that pulling off what was done to you is actually quite complicated, or the build that you were screaming about hardcounters your build but is hardcountered in turn by something else, or when you try it and find out what it actually takes to succeed with that you have to admit that you were simply outplayed. There are a couple of times I've tried something and gone "yeah, I am far too powerful with this build I've just picked up for the first time ever" (cough_scourge_cough) but usually it turns out to be harder then the person who's probably practiced it for hours makes it look.

Mesmers... I generally haven't felt to be that problematic. They have their counters, like everyone else (denying them clones and illusions tends to reduce their strength). They have their factors that make them annoying, but so does everyone else. They tend to be particularly effective against builds that are designed around singling out a single opponent and which don't have stealth, but I think it's reasonable to have a profession that can out-duel those builds while generally being weak against strong AoE builds.

@"draxynnic.3719" said:Honestly, every time I see this sort of discussion, I want to ask "if it's so broken, why don't you try it yourself?"

That's the principle I try to take, and four times out of five, it turns out that pulling off what was done to you is actually quite complicated, or the build that you were screaming about hardcounters your build but is hardcountered in turn by something else, or when you try it and find out what it actually takes to succeed with that you have to admit that you were simply outplayed. There are a couple of times I've tried something and gone "yeah, I am far too powerful with this build I've just picked up for the first time ever" (cough_scourge_cough) but usually it turns out to be harder then the person who's probably practiced it for hours makes it look.

Mesmers... I generally haven't felt to be that problematic. They have their counters, like everyone else (denying them clones and illusions tends to reduce their strength). They have their factors that make them annoying, but so does everyone else. They tend to be particularly effective against builds that are designed around singling out a single opponent and which don't have stealth, but I think it's reasonable to have a profession that can out-duel those builds while generally being weak against strong AoE builds.

I followed with that example myself, whiny warriors complained on mesmer. I tried warrior and I realized how low effort warrior is. How fucking boring it is, and how ridiculous numbers it puts out, all it took is 1-2s and people explode, and you are tanky as fuck.All the thiefs saying the class is hard to play, made a thief, and its so fucking easy, you climb without even fighting just by running like a monkey between points, and by playing condi thief I lost braincells and I dont think its possible to get them back.All of it just low effort high reward and no risk, im happy I didnt make guardian. I would propably die on the inside after playing this thing.

Did recs last week and one of the people doing Twilight Oasis told me thanks for targeting the real Lyssa and that they never knew the real target was the one with text underneath after I mentioned it. Basically it's the same scenario with every other player that has never played mesmer. They don't know which one is a clone and which is the real player so they get super frustrated.

As over 30% of my hours are on chrono it's second nature to figure out the real mesmer, but I notice berserker warriors , core guardians, power reapers, power heralds, rifle deadeyes, scepter eles, and longbow rangers especially have difficulty with the clone concept. Smart spellbreaker warriors use full counter and cleave though.

I can't tell you how many salty comments I've gotten after playing mirage with detargeting such as mirror images.

@Infusion.7149 said:Did recs last week and one of the people doing Twilight Oasis told me thanks for targeting the real Lyssa and that they never knew the real target was the one with text underneath after I mentioned it. Basically it's the same scenario with every other player that has never played mesmer. They don't know which one is a clone and which is the real player so they get super frustrated.

As over 30% of my hours are on chrono it's second nature to figure out the real mesmer, but I notice berserker warriors , core guardians, power reapers, power heralds, rifle deadeyes, scepter eles, and longbow rangers especially have difficulty with the clone concept. Smart spellbreaker warriors use full counter and cleave though.

I can't tell you how many salty comments I've gotten after playing mirage with detargeting such as mirror images.

you would think that pet ignoring detargets would help rangers find the real mesmer, but nope :D