"Heavy Rival" Achievement Bugged

Out of curiosity, for those having issues with it not progressing, are you trying to progress the story step as well?

Last night I was doing the instance on another character and noticed that the kills weren’t progressing as well as the achievement mentioned in this thread. That character was one that hasn’t done the instance before and I was progressing the story with. It could very well all be a coincidence but I thought that I would ask. I could have sworn that both were progressing on my other character that has already gone through the story.

@"hugo.4705" said:Yup bugged, did ton of runs, killing tar elementals, skelks, no progression.It counts if you kill 15 foes, should be changed to "if we kill more than her". There is several other things happening in same time like clearing the path.

Yeah sometimes you don't even have time to reach the zones, depends of groups :/

Same issue here. I tried pleading with people to slow their dps on the things blocking the tank's path, but was met with "Get it another time." Basically I need 2-3 friends to come with me to do the achievement which is ridiculous. If you get gold, it should progress.

For what it's worth, I had this happen once with The Spotter achievement as well. Vishen wasn't done yet for some reason but the tank moved on, giving me a gold on the event but no progression. Fortunately you can get that one at the start, but Heavy Rival can ONLY be done on the path. Sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Unless the achievement was broken with the recent patch, it can be completed by:

• killing 15 enemies more than cinder (might be slightly less)
  • complete the optional event before having the tank move on

This can be soloed easily in a 1 player instance if players in public squads just rush through. Ideally though, there should be a fix to not require 15 enemies, or a clearer explanation if this is intended.

• 3 weeks later...

Was gonna report this as a bug till I saw this thread. Thank you btw for the people figuring this out and clarifying. I think this really needs to be reworded. Sounds too much like you just have to beat her number and not get the max of 15 for it to count. Was at 7/10 without realizing that's what was going on while I was working on all the other achieve's. Once I finished everything else I started to focus on this one but couldn't get it to go up. Even asked around in many groups and most thought you didn't need the 15 either and I think they just got them by accident when everyone in the first week was going for it, like how I got my first 7.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...