Keyboard bug tank skills #2,#3 in Forging Steel mission

Hi,

I can not activate the tank skills #2 (Grenade Shot) and #3 (Harpoon) with the Keyboard in the instance/mission "Forging Steel". When I press the "2" and "3" keys, nothing happens. To activate these two skills, I have to click with the mouse on the skill icon. And because #2 is an AOE, I can only shot the tank with this. Skills #1 and #4 can be used with keyboard as they should without problems.

Some other players also can not use tank skill #2 and #3 with their keyboard and think, that it has to do with the remapping of some mount skill keyboard bindings. I also have remapped some mount skill keyboard bindings, but I can use all mount skills normally with my keyboard without problems.

I have the same problem. If I understand the comments above correctly, the problem is that the tank counts as a mount and the keybindings for skills while using a mount are different than the keybindings for skills while not using a mount?

The first skill works though; why not make the other skills also the same key as when unmounted?

Also the controls settings are kinda weird. There's mount skill 1 and 2 but no more. I think I found the real problem: I have mount skill 2 mapped to a pair of keys (Q and F) that would normally trigger my skills 2 and 3. The reason is that this is very convenient for Roller Beetle drifting (can easily hit Q or F depending on what side I'm turning towards).

Some clarification would be great here. Is it possible that Anet makes the tank not "have" the Mount Skill 2 so the keybindings don't conflict? Or will I have to get used to different keybindings for beetle drifting (or keep changing keys)?

@Zok.4956 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:The bug is allowing players to set incorrect keybinds

How can a player set an incorrect keybind for the tank?

because the tank is just a mount which means all the mount skill keybinds will apply

the mount ability keybinds take priority over the skill bar keybinds which will prevent the skill bar keybinds from working

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:The bug is allowing players to set incorrect keybinds

How can a player set an incorrect keybind for the tank?

because the tank is just a mount which means all the mount skill keybinds will apply

the mount ability keybinds take priority over the skill bar keybinds which will prevent the skill bar keybinds from working

So, the player does not set incorrect keybinds and did nothing wrong. The cause for this behaviour of the tank skills is the error that Anet made with prioritizing and assigning keybinds to tank skills.

Mounts have an "engage skill" (defaults to "1" and has a skill-icon), a "mount action 1" (defaults to "V" and has no skill icon) and a "mount action 2" (defaults to "C" and has no skill icon).

The tank seems to be implementend in the game as some kind of mount, but does not match the above scheme of mount skills (tank has no mount action 1+2) and also does not map it's own skills #1-#4 with highest priority overwriting the standard mount skills. This results in the bug that skills #2,#3 (and maybe also #1 and #4, if there are remappings for these) can not be activated with the keyboard when there are some keybinds for "mount action 1" and "mount action 2" that differ from the defaults.

EDIT: If the keybinds for the tank skills would replace the weapon-skills #1-#5 like the novelties/transformations do, it would work.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...