Metal legion tour, when?

hugo.4705

@Donari.5237 said:On a serious note, the amount of work it takes them to put together a ML concert is prohibitive. ANet has said while they'd love to do it, they simply can't.

While it might be cost prohibitive, it would make great padding for when they announce details on the third expansion! I bet people wouldn't have been so disappointed with the lws5 announcement if it came with a surprise metal legion concert. xD

I know I will sound dumb, but can't an event be copy-pasted? I mean, if the event is coded the way the locations of pit, jump circles, fans, is tied to the direction the band is facing, it means that put anywhere it would adapt, but I think they coded it specifically for Grothmar stage.

As example we have the fishing event that is the same, and have several instance in bjora marches. I don't think they necessarely need to redo all the same events or to reuse the stage. As example for rata sum, Apprentice Carrels (where Gorr exposes its theory) can be used as a stage. DR at crown pavilion... Whereas I would say just do the calm the crazy fan, make bounce the flying charr, pits and amps; I think peoples wouldn't like it without pyrotorrick.

@Westenev.5289 said:

@"Donari.5237" said:On a serious note, the amount of work it takes them to put together a ML concert is prohibitive. ANet has said while they'd love to do it, they simply can't.

While it might be cost prohibitive, it would make great padding for when they announce details on the third expansion! I bet people wouldn't have been so disappointed with the lws5 announcement if it came with a surprise metal legion concert. xD

I've learned not to say something is impossible for the game (hi, gliding in Central Tyria) but the devs themselves said they can't. I looked for it in forum posts, couldn't find it, so maybe check out the Guild Chat they did on making the concert happen. I am not sure if that is the source, but I think maybe towards the end when they answer some questions they address the issue of why it's beyond their means to repeat.