Ranger E-Spec: Ghost in the woods / Deceiver

DerJoker.9081

Class : RangerElite : Misleader/Deceiver

Theme : The Ranger was teached the art of deception and manipulation by ghost lights in the woods and uses the helplessness of travelers that got lost in the wild for his/her own good, manipulating them until they will never find their way back out.

Weapon : Offhand Focus, getting mid range debuff and control abilities to further enhance melee range survivablity.

( OFF-TOPIC: Im not very good with dmg modifiers etc, so im not sure what numbers to put to the weapon skills. I imagine #5 hitting for around 4,5k CRIT on a berzerker/marauder power build IN PVP!)

4#: Beneficial BlockBlock incoming attacks for the next 3 seconds, if you dont get hit gain 25 enduranceFoes that you block get slowed30 seconds cooldownSlow (5 seconds)5 Targets

5: Intellect Infiltration

Damage: 800 base (look @ OFF-TOPIC above)Cast time: 1 1/2 secondsThe next weapon skill used by a foe has an 100% higher cooldown (skills #2-#5)35 seconds cooldownProjectilePiercesRange 6003 Targets

Mechanics :
Rising DarknessYour and your pets attacks induce unsecurities and fear in the hearts of the lost enemies, making them feel more and more helpless.Every attack that hits (not getting blocked, evaded, blinded, invulned) will put a stack on the enemies hit. After reaching 12 stacks, blind the foe, reset the stacks.One stack lasts for 3 seconds, the duration will refresh everytime a new stack is applied. (no internal cooldown)Condition dmg ticks will not apply stacks.Blind (3 seconds)

Skill Type : Manipulation

Heal:Distracted HealingManipulate the enemies around you into thinking your pet is the bigger threat.25 seconds cooldownCast time: 1 secondYour pet taunts the enemies around youHeal: 4,800Taunt (2 seconds)Radius 6005 Targets

Utility:Mysterious PathsSwap places with your pet, your next attack weakens your foe, your pets next attack slows your foe30 seconds cooldownCast time: 1 secondLeap FinisherWeakness (4 seconds)Slow (2 seconds)

Hopeless OffensiveFoes that attack you will be blinded and slowed(3 seconds duration to get activated)25 seconds cooldownInternal cooldown: 1 secondBlind (3 seconds)Slowed (4 seconds)Breaks stun3 Targets

Selfish ExploitationSteal 25 endurance from your foe. Gain an attack of opportunity if the foe does not have at least 25 endurance.25 seconds cooldownCast time: 1 second

Chaotic ChimeraYour pets next 5 attacks will put a debuff on the foe it is attacking.Attacking a foe that is debuffed, will daze him.45 seconds cooldownDebuff on foe: 3 secondsStacks on pet: 10 secondsInternal cooldown for daze: 1 secondDaze: 1/4 seconds

Elite:PanicManipulate the minds of your enemies, causing them to panic and run away in fear,60 seconds cooldownCast time: 2 secondsRemove Boon: Stability, AegisFear (3 seconds)Radius 6005 Targets

Traits :

Minor Adept:Focus ProficiencyIgnis FatuusGain access to Manipulations. Your connection to Ghost Lights gives you access to Rising Darkness , blinding foes with your attacks

Major Adept UP:Weakening DemoralizationFocus skills weaken foes around you, focus skills recharge faster20% Recharge reduction3 TargetsRadisu 450

Major Adept MID:Protecting InsecurityIf your foe has more than 5 stacks of Ignis Fatuus, you take 15% less dmg from them

Major Adept DOWN:Empowering WeaknessDeal 3% more dmg for each of the following conditions on your foe:Weakness, Blind, Slow, Vulnerability

Minor Master:"Go for the eye"Your pets first attack after swapping makes your foe vulnerable (3 stacks, 4 seconds)

Major Master UP:Punishing BlunderAttacks that miss you, inflict cripple on the attacking foeInternal Cooldown: 6 secondsCripple ( 3 seconds)

Major Master MID:Gain Protection, when you reach 12 stacks Ignis FatuusInternal Cooldown: 20 secondsProtection (4 seconds)

Major Master DOWN:Rewarding DeceptionWhen you use Manipulation skills, your next attack leeches healthLeech: 380

Minor Grandmaster:Known PlightIncoming Slow gets halfed in duration, Blind has half effectiveness (50% chance to miss), Weakness doesnt affect endurance regeneration

Major Grandmaster UP:Degenerating ImpactRemove a boon when you hit a foe that has 3 or more of the following conditions: Slow, Blind, Weakness, VulnerabilityInternal Cooldown: 9 seconds

Major Grandmaster MID:Loosing HopeFoes that attack you with 4 or more conditions get slowedInternal Cooldown: 6 secondsSlow (4 seconds)

Major Grandmaster DOWN:Blind RageWhenever you blind a foe, gain FuryInternal Cooldown: 8 secondsFury (4 seconds)

I always thought about a good debuffer in GW2 and i thought i´d give it a go.Im sure numbers/cooldowns etc have to be tweaked A LOT, i dont want to release another overpowered spec into this game, but more ppl are better in seeing potential overpowered and underpowered traits/skills/etc.

UP trait line should be supportive, MID defensive and DOWN offensive

To be able to control aggression with debuffs.

This is too 1v1 again . Ranger has enough solitude as it is . Rangers need more benefits for group interaction . Druid was supposed to address that issue but got nerfed from being a mediocre benefit to just about completely useless to the group. Solitude again. Soul beast was suppose to address the limited use of the pet but was railed into power, precision and ferocity more than core ranger did. Hence the hated pew - pew projectile glass cannon supposed "Boonbeast" . Supportive and Deadly pets took a back seat because of the nerfs to traps , melee weapons ,short range weapons and spirits. Again separating the ranger to a solitude role.
I my opinion I think people that play ranger class are tired of the seclusion.