Requesting Higher Penalties for Teammates who Quit Mid-AT

Enduronex.4865

Had yet another encounter where someone quit after first match and then had the audacity to say this in DMs.Me: [sic] "if you quit before, you get no gold"Me: [sic] "join back"Person who quit:[sic] "gold its not important to me, sorry but is boring when my team die all time, is just want play but if i cant is boring"Person who quit: [sic] "i just*"Me: [sic] "then dont commit to groups"Person who quit: [sic] "why not ?"Me: [sic] "because 4 people were looking for gold"Person who quit: [sic] "exactly, dont commit to tournament for gold"Me: [sic] "Well we do"Me: [sic] "If you dont, then dont join"

The conversation between us did not continue further from that anyway, and then I blocked this person after.

Other than blocking the individual's account, I really can't do anything. I'm not sure it prevents them from joining LFG parties in the future that I am in, and it does not prevent any alternative accounts on their IP from doing the exact same thing. That's like the most dishonorable thing you can do to a party in Guild Wars 2, and I have no leverage against these individuals. It might be tempting to say "Just join with people you know" - even with a 'friends' list of over 1000 accounts, most of them regular PvP participants, it can actually be hard to find people at any particular time. Often times they have a party or they are just too skilled for me to be on their teams, but now I feel double robbed because PvP rewards are already so low for the time and then I get robbed of even my Potion of PvP reward and Qualifying Points when someone quits like this.

And understand.... this wasn't a DC, this was a voluntary quitting of the game by this individual. And even in cases of DC's, it still harms the quality of the game, and the people with healthy connections should not suffer because someone has a bad connection.

I suggest that people who do this should be penalized 3 gold per teammate (for a total of 12 g per AT) AND that they have a 12 hour in-game time ban on joining any ATs. The system needs to be more responsive in its actions against these individuals. Non-responsiveness to these individuals makes people quit the game.

give actual rewards for staying in the tournamentyesterday busy at, we lost first match, followed by 4 wins and we only got 5 gold reward. Imagine for groups who will not even get the 5 gold reward.ofc very rude of people to leave, but the temptation is there for sure

Scrap swiss for daily AT, make ranked 1-5 player party size. Fixed.

When you have PUG teams - even from friends list or guild- they need to be able to come and go.

Banning people from ATs will just make the AT population even smaller. The reason is was comparatively popular before swiss was that there was little risk in PUGing. i.e. if your team sucked, you still got some reward and could move on. If you got lucky and had a decent team, you got more reward. Now if you get a sucky team, you're stuck with another hour of them, which isn't fun.

@Exedore.6320 said:Scrap swiss for daily AT, make ranked 1-5 player party size. Fixed.

When you have PUG teams - even from friends list or guild- they need to be able to come and go.

Banning people from ATs will just make the AT population even smaller. The reason is was comparatively popular before swiss was that there was little risk in PUGing. i.e. if your team sucked, you still got some reward and could move on. If you got lucky and had a decent team, you got more reward. Now if you get a sucky team, you're stuck with another hour of them, which isn't fun.

I just want my rewards from PvP in Swiss ATs :P - No need to toss out Swiss ATs, but this is a persistent issue