Greatsword user?

hello it's been a while since I played this game, but I'm coming back. Which class is best for Greatsword? mainly PvE Content. Last time I played, the Ranger was frowned upon. I had a great time with Core Ranger, but after buying the dlcs, I was a bit confused. I don't know how to properly/effectively play soulbeast. Thank you in advance!.

What PVE content? If it is open world play whatever you want.

Fractals? Power Guardian- Dragon Hunter with great sword is very strong. Power Soulbeast also. Only soulbeasts that pew pew with bows are frowned upon. A proper Soulbeast has great dmg and burst.Keep in mind that both of these build use a combination of weapons. You are not welding GS all the time but switch to the 2nd weapon set during rotation.

Now if you are more casual and don't care about rotations just want some good feel of the weapon, both of those 2 classes have cool skills and good dmg just using the GS. Both have mobility, cc and dmg. Warrior GS is also cool, especially berserker spec with Arc divider but it is not a top dps contender I think. Still very much fun for open world because of great mobility.

Guardian or Dragonhunter (PVE/PVP) and Soulbeast (PVE). Reaper if openworld , but it isn't as common for instanced PVE due to life force generation reasons.

Warrior GS is behind double axes ; mesmer greatsword is a meme in instanced content (you use it for maybe 10 seconds unless you're a troll and camp it when everyone is stacked).

@LucianDK.8615 said:You forgot Reaper. But they are kind of low damage, but very good for open world content and personal story.

What. Reaper boasts some of highest open world damage, which is why they're so popular among pugs. You're mixing them up with organized end-game content, where quickness-boosted DH, warrior and soulbeast have stronger burst rotations and better sustained damage.

• 2 weeks later...