help with mesmer builds

avexysv.9314

so i just got to level 80 w my mesmer. theres some question i have about the build. tbh im not a fan of condi damage. but ive only tried it once using fb. so now i really wanna do condi damage w my mesmer. but i wanna have power build also. i read some other discussion that say if i want to run power then go power chrono. if i want to run condi then run condi mirage. i think im gonna try that. but can u give more insight about this and pls if u dont mind can u give me ur build? and stats. and what weapon should i use? . and if i wanna run condi can i choose rampager or carrion instead of viper?

@"avexysv.9314" said:so i just got to level 80 w my mesmer. theres some question i have about the build. tbh im not a fan of condi damage. but ive only tried it once using fb. so now i really wanna do condi damage w my mesmer. but i wanna have power build also. i read some other discussion that say if i want to run power then go power chrono. if i want to run condi then run condi mirage. i think im gonna try that. but can u give more insight about this and pls if u dont mind can u give me ur build? and stats. and what weapon should i use? . and if i wanna run condi can i choose rampager or carrion instead of viper?

Dont use rampager/carrion.If you go condi you need expertise. Instead of viper you can use Trailblazer, you sacrafice power and precision for more hp and toughness.You will lose some damage, I estimate 10-15% but gain ALOT of tanky beefy boi stats.Viper simply is glass cannon version, that squeezes every dmg it can get, its really not needed.For build run axe/torch + axe/pistol.Build really depends on the skill level and what you use the build for.you can start with something like thishttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABc+drlVwiYJMEmJW2XfPPA-zRJYkRPPWOUaD-eonce you get into raids etc/etc you can start with thishttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABc+drlVwiYJMEmJWOXfvOA-zRJYkRPPWOUaD-esigils of energy on both weaponsyou can slot in blink for QoL instead of crystal sands, you can slot reflect dome if you wish ( use axe 2 in it for confusion vomit ) etc etc, its flexible.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"avexysv.9314" said:so i just got to level 80 w my mesmer. theres some question i have about the build. tbh im not a fan of condi damage. but ive only tried it once using fb. so now i really wanna do condi damage w my mesmer. but i wanna have power build also. i read some other discussion that say if i want to run power then go power chrono. if i want to run condi then run condi mirage. i think im gonna try that. but can u give more insight about this and pls if u dont mind can u give me ur build? and stats. and what weapon should i use? . and if i wanna run condi can i choose rampager or carrion instead of viper?

Dont use rampager/carrion.If you go condi you need expertise. Instead of viper you can use Trailblazer, you sacrafice power and precision for more hp and toughness.You will lose some damage, I estimate 10-15% but gain ALOT of tanky beefy boi stats.Viper simply is glass cannon version, that squeezes every dmg it can get, its really not needed.For build run axe/torch + axe/pistol.Build really depends on the skill level and what you use the build for.you can start with something like this
once you get into raids etc/etc you can start with this
sigils of energy on both weaponsyou can slot in blink for QoL instead of crystal sands, you can slot reflect dome if you wish ( use axe 2 in it for confusion vomit ) etc etc, its flexible.

What runes are you suggest? And condi no need presicion? I mean Trailblazer don't have it...

Hey there! I'm linking the snowcrows website to you: they are a guild of "elite" raid players, so they really focus on optimizing everything. This might be a lot all at first, but keep in mind that no one expects you to play/get these exact numbers.The stats and traits they suggest are pretty meta though, and you can run this in exotics!https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/mesmer/mirage/condition/

@"CrownOfSorrow.6137" said:Hey there! I'm linking the snowcrows website to you: they are a guild of "elite" raid players, so they really focus on optimizing everything. This might be a lot all at first, but keep in mind that no one expects you to play/get these exact numbers.The stats and traits they suggest are pretty meta though, and you can run this in exotics!https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/mesmer/mirage/condition/

Elite best of the best give good advice for minmaxing.But in reality you can sacrafice 10% dps for 50% more effective HP, elites wont reccomend it since its dps loss, but for average player its going to be much better choice.

@ruikarikun.9402 said:

Dont use rampager/carrion.If you go condi you need expertise. Instead of viper you can use Trailblazer, you sacrafice power and precision for more hp and toughness.You will lose some damage, I estimate 10-15% but gain ALOT of tanky beefy boi stats.Viper simply is glass cannon version, that squeezes every dmg it can get, its really not needed.For build run axe/torch + axe/pistol.Build really depends on the skill level and what you use the build for.you can start with something like this
sigils of energy on both weaponsyou can slot in blink for QoL instead of crystal sands, you can slot reflect dome if you wish ( use axe 2 in it for confusion vomit ) etc etc, its flexible.

What runes are you suggest? And condi no need presicion? I mean Trailblazer don't have it...

yea missing preccision sucks, but its much better beg friendly build.for runes I use nightmare, sigils are energy on both sets + condi duration on axe.You WILL lose some dps with the build, I estimate 10-20% but you WILL have BiS WvW gear ( at least I think it is, im not playing wvw at all ) + its much safer option to begin with. If you get to the point where you never ever die you can slowly change trail into viper or just run hybrid, and by that point you will have spare armor sets laying around anyways.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

yea missing preccision sucks, but its much better beg friendly build.for runes I use nightmare, sigils are energy on both sets + condi duration on axe.You WILL lose some dps with the build, I estimate 10-20% but you WILL have BiS WvW gear ( at least I think it is, im not playing wvw at all ) + its much safer option to begin with. If you get to the point where you never ever die you can slowly change trail into viper or just run hybrid, and by that point you will have spare armor sets laying around anyways.

Hey, thanks. For me it's not so easy to get Trailblazer. Just wanted to know what do you think about this

That man uses rabid as I can see.

@ruikarikun.9402 said:

Hey, thanks. For me it's not so easy to get Trailblazer. Just wanted to know what do you think about this
That man uses rabid as I can see.

they would be really close but ultimately trailblazer should be better.its better to split your defence into toughness and vitality then only toughness if possible. Expecially since its mostly toughness anyways.Rabid lacks expertise, its REALLY important for longer fights ( raids ).And only thing precision does is allows clones to apply bleed on crit, its half wasted stat.I personally think trailblazer would be more tanky while retaining about the same dps, his build might be better in WvW specifically where expertise isnt all that good due to cleansing going around, but even there I would take trailblazer + runes of tormenting with axe/scept propably. But im no WvW expert so others would have to comment on it.When I started out I went viper, like guides suggested. And I can tell you that I would take trailblazer over it in hindsight, and later switch to viper when I get better at the class.You dont have to go full into 1 stat, you can take 4x trailblazer and 2x viper or 3/3 or 2/4.Toughness in raids can push you over other players and force you to tank for example. Try 3 trail and 3 viper or 2/4. Would be really safe start and it would be cheap swap later on in the game to 6 viper if you want to.

EDIT + its old build using chaos and thus giving some expertise, you wont go chaos in pve and thus be missing it, making expertise even more important.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:EDIT + its old build using chaos and thus giving some expertise, you wont go chaos in pve and thus be missing it, making expertise even more important.Hey again :)While I'm working on gathering my trailblazer gear, I tried that rabid build from youtube link, and I can say it's work very good. Of course it's not for raid, but for open world/solo/story it's very good even for bosses I think.

@ruikarikun.9402 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:EDIT + its old build using chaos and thus giving some expertise, you wont go chaos in pve and thus be missing it, making expertise even more important.Hey again :)While I'm working on gathering my trailblazer gear, I tried that rabid build from youtube link, and I can say it's work very good. Of course it's not for raid, but for open world/solo/story it's very good even for bosses I think.

o/for pve almost anything works tbh, so unless you want to do high fractals/raids/WvW you dont even have to worry about any gear.Im just giving you pointers for a gear that will suit you well in open world pve but ALSO work in higher tiers of pve/wvw.Even if you dont intend to do it now you might change your mind in the future. As long as you are happy with what you roll its cool, if you play properly even with wrong gear you will pull your weight.