Strike Missions are going to end up like raids — mostly closed for new players.

Just look at the LFG sometimes. 100LI, 250LI, 100 Dhuum KP(!), for SIMPLE and EASY content. How beating W5 is supposed to help me complete a strike mission which can be easily finished by bunch of random players without support and heal? I'm doing strikes everyday, only with random people. Of course, sometimes it's difficult to do Whisper Of Jormag or Boneskinner, but honestly LI and KP doesn't mean anything. I saw a lot of people pinging 250LI and messing raids like beginers. I can ping my 600LI and do 10k dps because today I want to play my engi and I never learnt it's rotation. I just have fun playing holo. But, hey, I have what you asked for. Does my LI matter now? I can be a first timer in strikes and screw everything, but still I know how to do raids.It's not OK if you have to participate in different content to gain access to strikes; it's like "show me you dungeoneer title to play Fractals with us". Strike Missions are easy, just need to remember 1 or 2 simple things.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whisper can be pretty tough, especially the last 25% where many people panic and it all falls apart. Boneskinner is heal spam and walking circles around him. I've seen those 250+ LI groups too, but none of that is required. What is required is the will to improve and learn an encounter, something which a large part of the community has been sorely lacking.

Just one friend who grabs somebody by the hand and explains stuff, takes them through, can make the difference. Ignore idiots, they can't dictate how others play the game - unless they just let them do it through their own inaction.

As far as my experience with NA LFG goes, Strike Missions are pretty chill. I do a strike tour every day. It takes between 30-45 minutes to finish everything except Forge Steel and people largely don't mind a couple of wipes to get everyone familiar with the mechanics which can be explained briefly in a couple of sentences. The DPS check is non-existent, it actually encourages casual players to play whatever they are comfortable with and cruise over the mechanics.

It takes much less effort to host strikes than raids; more LFG filled up frequently, so I don't think strike will become like raids ever.

Lfg looks full on strikes w/o reqs in NA. If fact I have almost never seen anything more then "be experienced" and that's only whisper. New players should easily be able to join groth-duo-raven and new steel and fire so I know your title is wrong. Some will just peak at those and struggle or be overwhelmed by Whisper/Boneskinner. I was annoyed one of the footsteps weapon collection had defeat Whisper because alot of players could get stuck but strike lfg seems way more active now then ever

@Antycypator.9874 said:Just look at the LFG sometimes. 100LI, 250LI, 100 Dhuum KP(!), for SIMPLE and EASY content.

Heh...if Whisper and Boneskinner were SIMPLE and EASY, every group would one shot it.

I don't think we need to have groups locked behind LI, and I wouldn't have the kill proofs required for entry, but at this point, I'm zoning in to one shot strike missions, not spend 15-20 minutes on them, as I'm trying to fit them in around other activities. I have no heartburn about joining a group to help others learn, etc, but I would schedule myself for that. But if I want to grab a mission before a meta starts, I'm gone if the groups wipes at 50% or higher, and there was a steady stream of downed states from the start of the fight. Took me three separate groups to get the Whisper daily done, and the group I dropped last night and early this morning were not going to down the boss, no matter how many attempts they made.

So long as people think they can just waltz in to end game content with a LB core ranger that was outDPS'd by the Heal Scourge (true story), you're going to get at least some in the community reacting this way, and I don't blame them, even if I don't agree with them.

@Blocki.4931 said:Boneskinner is heal spam and walking circles around him.

Yeah that's the cheapo cheese tactic brought on due to it's raid like difficulty.

In all honesty doing Boneskinner the way it's supposed to be done is way waaaay too hard for Strike mission content.Strikes are supposed to be easy introduction type content to raids, they're not supposed to be harder than raids and Boneskinner is harder than some raid bosses.It's giving people a false experience using the cheeseo healo tactic beacuse you can't do that in raids when a bosses mechanics get too annoying to deal with.

@Teratus.2859 said:It's giving people a false experience using the cheeseo healo tactic beacuse you can't do that in raids when a bosses mechanics get too annoying to deal with.

Actually, that's exactly what's happening to raid.No Green Vale Guardian anyone?

And no, I disagree with the topic, raids are never closed for new players, they are only closed for closed minded casuals.

@Teratus.2859 said:It's giving people a false experience using the cheeseo healo tactic beacuse you can't do that in raids when a bosses mechanics get too annoying to deal with.

Its not really a flase experience when you do it in raids too. Doing mechanics is a dps loss and people will do everything to ignore them. At least in raids you take big damage when you dont do the green on VG. Boneskinner just tickles. The bugged one was way more fun :(

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

Its not really a flase experience when you do it in raids too. Doing mechanics is a dps loss and people will do everything to ignore them. At least in raids you take big damage when you dont do the green on VG. Boneskinner just tickles. The bugged one was way more fun :(

In some maybe, there's no tanking instakill mechanics though which are pretty abundant.Point is it shouldn't be encouraged and if it becomes the normal way of doing things then clearly something needs to be done to deter it.In Boneskinners case put a short timer on torches so if they are not re-lit in like 30 seconds, whole party wipes.Then just tone down the wisps and aoe to make it the mechanic actually doable instead of wiping the whole squad in seconds.

@Teratus.2859 said:some maybe, there's no tanking instakill mechanics though which are pretty abundant.Point is it shouldn't be encouraged and if it becomes the normal way of doing things then clearly something needs to be done to deter it.In Boneskinners case put a short timer on torches so if they are not re-lit in like 30 seconds, whole party wipes.Then just tone down the wisps and aoe to make it the mechanic actually doable instead of wiping the whole squad in seconds.

Oh, i would love it if anet introduced proper dps checks. The current damage output is way too high anyway.Though, i dont think you need to tone down the wisps. Currently you can survive by just hitting the boss, not caring about torches nor wisps.

@Blocki.4931 said:Whisper can be pretty tough, especially the last 25% where many people panic and it all falls apart. Boneskinner is heal spam and walking circles around him. I've seen those 250+ LI groups too, but none of that is required. What is required is the will to improve and learn an encounter, something which a large part of the community has been sorely lacking.

Just one friend who grabs somebody by the hand and explains stuff, takes them through, can make the difference. Ignore idiots, they can't dictate how others play the game - unless they just let them do it through their own inaction.

Last 25% is also rough because you can't see a damn thing through the visual noise. During part of it my whole screen is just white.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Boneskinner is heal spam and walking circles around him.

Yeah that's the cheapo cheese tactic brought on due to it's raid like difficulty.

In all honesty doing Boneskinner the way it's supposed to be done is way waaaay too hard for Strike mission content.Strikes are supposed to be easy introduction type content to raids, they're not supposed to be harder than raids and Boneskinner is harder than some raid bosses.It's giving people a false experience using the cheeseo healo tactic beacuse you can't do that in raids when a bosses mechanics get too annoying to deal with.

You can call it whatever you want but there is no reason to do things the hard way(and probably riskier) when you end up with the same rewards anyway.

Just make your own groups and they will fill up much faster than any of those who are asking for LI (and in cases where I've checked we finish the same strike while they are still stuck in lfg with their ridiculous demands). It's what I've been doing and for the most part other than a few failed whisper attempts it's been pretty successful.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:Whisper can be pretty tough, especially the last 25% where many people panic and it all falls apart. Boneskinner is heal spam and walking circles around him. I've seen those 250+ LI groups too, but none of that is required. What is required is the will to improve and learn an encounter, something which a large part of the community has been sorely lacking.

Last 25% is also rough because you can't see a kitten thing through the visual noise. During part of it my whole screen is just white.

Yeah, I always turn off post processing and just make sure to look from above as much as possible. Stacking and just heal spamming probably is my only saving grace, because I have NO idea where to be during that bullet hell garbage. On that note, I also feel like this fight bugs out far too often at this stage. Many attempts simply died because the boss despawned/turned invisible when he gets CC'd right as he hits 25% hp or the wonderful "every effect and attack is doubled" bug.

Currently, I only do Strikes three times a week for the weekly chest.I haven't encountered many problems lately, other than the occasional Mesmer dying.I don't know why it was only Mesmers, might be coincidence.

If those kill proofs are annoying you, open your own group in the LFG tool.

Make your own group

Know the fight or watch people that have done it if it's first time for you

A. Make sure other people know the fight or have them leave

B. If people admit they don't know the fight explain it to them and kick them if they consistently do something completely idiotic (max range longbow ranger , Greatsword camping mesmers, pistol+pistol thieves, etc) despite being told to stop

If said people complete the mission and are in your guild(s), get the same people next week to avoid step 3A/3B

Strikes are not in any way closed to new players, the majority of lfgs have no kp requirement or even specify experience... It's true that there are quite a lot of lfgs that ask for some LI or form of raid KP, but considering faster clears result in greater rewards, and it's reasonable to assume players with raid KP are able to perform rotations better than those who don't raid, it's justified to ask for such. This post is just blowing something out of proportion and making an issue out of something where no issue exists

@Painbow.6059 said:Strikes are not in any way closed to new players, the majority of lfgs have no kp requirement or even specify experience... It's true that there are quite a lot of lfgs that ask for some LI or form of raid KP, but considering faster clears result in greater rewards, and it's reasonable to assume players with raid KP are able to perform rotations better than those who don't raid, it's justified to ask for such. This post is just blowing something out of proportion and making an issue out of something where no issue exists

I could not agree more.We will have a proplem if they takes off the ability to post in the LFG without an commander tag, till then every1 can just post their own group so I just cant see how some1 asking KPs is a proplem.

@Antycypator.9874 said:Just look at the LFG sometimes. 100LI, 250LI, 100 Dhuum KP(!)I prefer be in squad where ask kp from cm100. It make some good filter. How I see it not enough ask only li, or dhuum kp. So if you not have some li and don't go raid - this is not problem. You a always welcome if link yours cm100kp in my squad.

@Aeon.4583 said:Yeah it is very very ironic how you need to be good in raids to porticipate in strikes. Should be the other way around, isn't it?

You don't. There are some experienced Raiders looking for like minded players of a similar skill level in hopes for a quick and smooth run, I don't see anything wrong with that. Especially since their favoured content, like Raids, hasn't seen any updates for almost a year, or like Fractal CM's for almost 3 years. That community has to go somewhere and is likely intend on maintaining their expectations to their groups.

If you are not (yet) part of that community or don't want to be, you don't have to join those groups.I see plenty of groups in LFG without requirements or just asking for some experience with the Strikes fill up almost instantly all the time, and if no such group is available or one wants a complete beginner group, everybody has the power to make their own LFG asking for such, and I've seen those fill up quickly as well.

I seriously don't get the mindset of people not wanting to lift a finger, either in self-improvement or group finding/making, but then complaining about or dismissing the content altogether instead, because the perfect beginner friendly no requirement but somehow still competent group for them doesn't fall into their lap to carry them instantly.

Plus, half or more of the groups with outrageous requirements are just trolling/trying to scare away particularly incompetent and unwilling to improve and learn players anyway, without actually enforcing them.

Everybody who actually wants to can play and beat this content (and to a lesser extend the same goes for Raids, it's just more effort to find or get beginner groups going, mainly due to lack of new content to serve as more even jump in point).It's just easier to complain most of the time than to actually do something about it.

@Fueki.4753 said:I haven't encountered many problems lately, other than the occasional Mesmer dying.I don't know why it was only Mesmers, might be coincidence.

I see you haven't met Continuum Split yet.

@Asum.4960 said:@Aeon.4583 said:Yeah it is very very ironic how you need to be good in raids to porticipate in strikes. Should be the other way around, isn't it?

! > You don't. There are some experienced Raiders looking for like minded players of a similar skill level in hopes for a quick and smooth run, I don't see anything wrong with that. Especially since their favoured content, like Raids, hasn't seen any updates for almost a year, or like Fractal CM's for almost 3 years. That community has to go somewhere and is likely intend on maintaining their expectations to their groups.! >! > If you are not (yet) part of that community or don't want to be, you don't have to join those groups.! > I see plenty of groups in LFG without requirements or just asking for some experience with the Strikes fill up almost instantly all the time, and if no such group is available or one wants a complete beginner group, everybody has the power to make their own LFG asking for such, and I've seen those fill up quickly as well.! >! > I seriously don't get the mindset of people not wanting to lift a finger, either in self-improvement or group finding/making, but then complaining about or dismissing the content altogether instead, because the perfect beginner friendly no requirement but somehow still competent group for them doesn't fall into their lap to carry them instantly.! >! > Plus, half or more of the groups with outrageous requirements are just trolling/trying to scare away particularly incompetent and unwilling to improve and learn players anyway, without actually enforcing them.! >! > Everybody who actually wants to can play and beat this content (and to a lesser extend the same goes for Raids, it's just more effort to find or get beginner groups going, mainly due to lack of new content to serve as more even jump in point).! > It's just easier to complain most of the time than to actually do something about it.! >Too many cliche text describing 'Elitism' for such simple and sarcastic joke.'That community has to go somewhere'