Get Imperator rank but NOT moving up ranks achievement

Have done this twice and didn't get credit. Don't think even the instance starter got it.

Edit: Did the 4CM today and it worked. Maybe the achievement is poorly worded. But seems weird there is a hidden achieve for the 4CM but Imperator doesn't necessarily need the 4CM, so probably bugged.

@GrizzledLone.3954 said:Same here, just finished with Imperator rank and didn't get the achievement for it. On a side note, Heavy Rival is also not progressing.

I have done the events for Heavy Rival a few times now. I got a single credit, only, and I have no idea what I did differently then... Maybe the timer for that event has to actually run its course, instead of finishing automatically when the main event around it is done? I'm just guessing here.

@MikeG.6389 said:

@GrizzledLone.3954 said:Same here, just finished with Imperator rank and didn't get the achievement for it. On a side note, Heavy Rival is also not progressing.

I have done the events for Heavy Rival a few times now. I got a single credit, only, and I have no idea what I did differently then... Maybe the timer for that event has to actually run its course, instead of finishing automatically when the main event around it is done? I'm just guessing here.

For that one not just finishing event is not enough you need to have 15 kills on it.

Agreed. It also seems particularly misleading that an achievement that only says "Reach X thing" doesn't pop when you reach X thing, instead requiring you to do Y which it gives absolutely zero indication of you having to do.

If the achievement says to reach Imperator rank, you should get it for reaching Imperator rank. No additional strings or requirements attached.

@Bridget Morrigan.1752 said:IDK if it's working as intended, but seems redundant to have a hidden achievement that requires all 4 CMs if the visible achievement also requires all 4 CMs.

Yeah, I'd suspect that's the bug: the achievement unlock is attached to the same criteria as the hidden achievement (all 4 CM active) and not to the criteria that it's supposed to trigger on (i.e Imperator).

I got Imperator twice now w ith 3 CM active and no unlock.

I can confirm that the late Tuesday fix has addressed this bug. I just did a 2 CM run through this with Horde and Final Boss, got the Imperator rank because the group was amazing and blew through every event, and the achievement popped. Checking with the other people in the group, it also popped for them.

Thanks for the fix, Arenanet!

If this achievement REQUIRES "CM" (any number) THAT"minor info" should be included in the descript!! Most of us DON'T run the "Squad" version---------have you EVER tried LOOKING for a squad?? THEY CAN"T be found (unless you're VERY lucky!!!)---------------and "CM"s AREN'T AVAILABLE in the "public" arenas!!!