Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

There is a huge amount of players without legendary armor, there is some players with some legendary armor, and more players with multiple sets. Any player who was interested in legendary armor and who has been a veteran of longer than 1 year has multiple sets by now.

You are wrong here. Im interested in legendary armor and have been since its release, and do not own a set. I cannot do raids because of my time zone and lack of people running them around that time, tried joining a few guilds who ran them that advertised as doing "training raids/collection runs" and despite asking nobody responded or helped, and since i have 0 interest in PVP stuff(including WVW) i have no way to obtain any armor.

Not sure if this has been asked or answered yet, but...

What about legendary accessories and rings? If you have, say, the Conflux ring, does that mean it can be applied to BOTH ring slots, or does the same-trinket restriction still apply whereby you can't have 2 of the same ring, and likewise, 2 of the same accessory equipped at the same time?

And if you have only enough gold to make 1 legendary ring (they're expensive!!!!), does that mean the legendary ring effect can be applied to any alt characters you have so that 1 ring slot on each character can be legendary?

If the same-trinket restriction applies still with this, which I will assume it does, long-term, if one day I'm ever able to afford BOTH ring slots to be legendary - will there ever be more legendary rings/trinkets for each game mode (PvE/WvW/PvP), so that ALL players can at least obtain legendary trinkets for all ring and accessory slots without having to participate in a game mode they don't like? It was difficult enough for me to do fractals for Astralaria, because I have social anxiety, and grouping up with people and interacting socially is hard for me at the best of times. If the same-trinket restriction still applies, I hope that at least all game modes will receive more legendary rings and accessories so we can play how we want in our own game mode and in the comfort of our own play style.

@Dante.1763 said:

There is a huge amount of players without legendary armor, there is some players with some legendary armor, and more players with multiple sets. Any player who was interested in legendary armor and who has been a veteran of longer than 1 year has multiple sets by now.

You are wrong here. Im interested in legendary armor and have been since its release, and do not own a set. I cannot do raids because of my time zone and lack of people running them around that time, tried joining a few guilds who ran them that advertised as doing "training raids/collection runs" and despite asking nobody responded or helped, and since i have 0 interest in PVP stuff(including WVW) i have no way to obtain any armor.

How am I wrong? I stated that the group without legendary armor is by far the biggest (which is supported by gw2efficiany statistics). I'm simply questioning the amount of players between single and multiple sets. I know for example a lot of players who intentionally did not craft legendary armor even with being able to do so.

If you are unwilling to craft legendary armor within the current constraints, this patch simply increases the value proposition, but it does not change the methods of acquisition. In short: you have not wanted legendary enough to either get it in a game mode you enjoy (if available) or subject yourself to game modes you do not enjoy.

You fall into the category (among those players who have no legendary) which I mentioned in that post further up:

@Cyninja.2954 said:This also forces players into potentially game modes they might not enjoy, since as mentioned, the value proposition of legendary items is vastly increased.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@Heibi.4251 said:So you are saying you don't understand the desire to recoup the thousands of gold and many hours spent farming for materials?

I do understand, why some (rich) players, that have multiple legendary sets, think that they are entitled to some form of compensation to become richer.

However, because Anet is not taking anything away from these players, there should'nt be a compensation in gold/currency etc. . I think some title/appreciation for those players should be enough.

I know many players who aren't "rich" who save up money and farmed mats to make extra sets of armor.

A player who can make (or has made) several sets of legendary armor is already rich.

And wanting to be compensated for a massive change like this is after working hard to create those sets is not a sense of entitlement.

What (financial / gold) does the game take away for which you want to be compensated?

The armors post this update will be useless, ppl want compensation because smth that was a legit mechanic of the game (crafting multiple armors) has now left them with multiple useless sets.

Not a mechanic. A "feature". Definitely was a choice option that wasn't bound by player limitations.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Also I am going to assume you were joking with the new gear tier because I doubt such a change will be received with a lot of enthusiasm by players who spent thousands of gold on legendary gear (which in the past was promised to always remain best in slot), so that option is literally unavailable (well it is available, but I doubt it's going to be implemented).we talk about log term sink? so the item can stay the same, but we can find additional socket(s) in existing armor like some difference/damage attributes "dar/blood/holy/water/froze and etc"

I know for example a lot of players who intentionally did not craft legendary armor even with being able to do so.and nothing is change for them. They still can use existing sets and weapons.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Nick Kaedalus.9526 said:I would just like to second the questions about skins and dyes on the gear, and how this will interact with the different characters. To me, personally, the character's uniqueness will take priority over the convenience of the legendaries.

Thank you for making this update, and for being so communicative lately! :DTechnically, isnt that a requirement for its functionality?

I mean if you have a Charr warrior with a full legendary armor set, using the T3 Charr look...

And you have it on your Asura warrior at the same time but it doesnt support different skins...

You'd either end up with a very funny looking Asura, or a broken technical implementation.

I am
fairly
confident Anet thought this out.

That's the thing, we cannot equip an item that has a racial skin on a different race. The possibility of being able to have different sets of skins and dyes on a single piece of legendary equipment sounds great and ideal, but I doubt that would be their implementation - that's why I second the questions, so we could get some clarification on that. :)

I'm sure that whatever legendary armor skin you unlocked, will be what is available (as a default) to all your characters, and then you'll probably have to re-skin those legendary armor pieces to whatever skin you had on it before - so I don't think racial skins will be a problem. Small price to pay for something convenient. At least that's how I think it will work, anyway. Just a few transmutation stones may be needed, and it might be a good idea to perhaps copy your dye colours and skins down on a piece of paper.

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

Hi everyone,let me start with appreciating the QoL aspect of GW2, which I haven't experienced in any other MMO I've been playing so far. Despite all the opinions exchange upon every new update I think it's constantly pushing the playability and enjoyability of this game forward. Of course, we all have different ideas and feelings about this, but we keep playing this game after all, don't we?

So, let's move to the matter:In my opinion it's DEFINITELY a good move! Crafting a legy item is a big devotion and it could become even more attractive and rewarding. I look forward to using my set of legy trinkets on all my chars without the need of swapping them from one to the other every time I need to swap class in raids for every other boss. And I assume everyone who made the effort to craft them shares this view. Furthermore, crafting legy runes and sigils (legy underwater weapons etc.) will become worth considering.

• As for skins: Let's just have a system that duplicates the legy item making the new items independent units - and keep other mechanics (transmuting skins, infusing, socketing with runes or sigils) unique for each single item.
  • As for weapons: Would having one legy one-handed weapon (e.g. bolt) or legy ring or accessory enable the char to use it in both weapon (trinket) slots or not?
  • As for armor/trinkets: Perfect! Crafting all 3 weights was/is quite a big deal anyway. Considering the devotion some other players needed to prove by crafting 9 or more of them:What about making the newly crafted legy armor Soulbound on use (and making the change RETROSPECTIVE as we experienced it before with the other feature as the Stat selectability was introduced) and making it (at least the PVE raid versions) saleable as 1st gen legy weapons are. Legy achievements would be bound to precursor crafting and the 1-time only precursor crafting policy would remain the same (making the precursor to be saleable as well). Players will choose upon the crafting of a legy to soulbind it or to sell it. For some players it would be a brand new (and maybe the only) chance of acquiring them and the veterans would get the compensation and a way how to monetize other spare LIs as well. This COULD (or not) also apply to (some) trinkets and/or other legy gear (runes, sigils maybe also some new items in the future). This also COULD (or not) apply to PVP or WvW game mode legys - in my opinion these legys could remain exclusive for that game mode with no possibility of buying them on TP as the 2nd gen legy weapons are keeping them somehow exclusive and worthy of a challenge. Each character with current legy armor could be given its new soulbound on use version instead of the equipped one with a set of skins (or multiple sets of skins) currently used on it in its free inventory slots or a mailbox. Can imagine some global reward chest (or chests - for every single wing) for raids as there is the one for strike missions weekly progress with some similar system of rewarding with the rare chance of acquiring legy PVE armor precursor (instead of possibility to craft unlimited number of them), which could keep raiding very attractive for the future.
  • As for templates: modifying some specific features before some specific evet (raid boss etc.) could be sometimes annoying. For example, when I modify my tank gear on Mesmer to a chosen combination, it takes some time to enter every single piece or armor and select from a long list of stats the right one. There could be some mechanics that in some newly created equipment panel (like wardrobe, dyes, finishers etc.) a char would select from a list of all stats its "favourite" stats to some sort of "bank" or preferred items (as dyes have) and then use these favourites in the similar way dyes are used. The same could be done with runes and sigils - character could store or withdraw (for example with new right click mouse option - deposit in a store/withdraw from a store) all these in a panel like finishers are stored with a specific quantity of each item possessed, and then use these items in the same way as mentioned above. The same could be done with infusions (and other upgrade components). For all these modifying changes there should be an "apply to all equipped gear" option added (or probably some other panel with subsequent categories to highlight before applying: armor, weapons, trinkets, underwater gear).I personally also wish the equipment template (and also build template) expansions were much cheaper or at least "account wide" since I would spend a fortune to fulfil all my char requirements by buying them at the current price.

I believe that whatever will finally be introduced by Anet development team will be for a good sake of the game and I'm really looking forward to it.Lots of fun with the game!

@lare.5129 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Also I am going to assume you were joking with the new gear tier because I doubt such a change will be received with a lot of enthusiasm by players who spent thousands of gold on legendary gear (which in the past was promised to always remain best in slot), so that option is literally unavailable (well it is available, but I doubt it's going to be implemented).we talk about log term sink? so the item can stay the same, but we can find additional socket(s) in existing armor like some difference/damage attributes "dar/blood/holy/water/froze and etc"

Sure, that would fall under long-term options.

So how would this work with non legendary items? Do players pay for each upgrade over and over, or will it be essentially a slot upgrade which works on all items for that slot? Will this make legendary gear required/essential, because that could be a huge boundary for more casual players? How will this affect power creep?

Are you noticing something? As mentioned, this requires proper planning and implementation, not some simple glossing over with a 10 second idea hoping it will work.

@lare.5129 said:

I know for example a lot of players who intentionally did not craft legendary armor even with being able to do so.and nothing is change for them. They still can use existing sets and weapons.

Please stop stating this nonsense.

If we assume that the item is added to a legendary armory, thus making it available to every character on the account, without knowing what happens to the base item/s (and even IF that base item remains available devoid of additional functionality), the player who crafted the items is down the crafting materials multiple times for multiple items. Now this might not be relevant or of big significance when it comes to gold, but I would remind everyone that these armors also cost a ton of time gated materials (LI, WvW tickets, pvp tickets, etc.).

Net result: the most devoted players are essentially punished for spending resources on acquiring multiple same weight sets (and unlike T1 weapons, which essentially only cost gold, with a potential loss is very time consuming materials) without an ability to use time-gated materials for something else.

While I personally can live with this fact, it would be advisable if players who keep repeating this statement looked past the simplistic approach of only functionality (which is not even assured that it will remain the same).

@Dumat.1479 said:I have a question: I have 9 legendary armor sets, 9 legendary backpacks, a lot of weapons. What compensation will I get when this update comes?

I have a 486, a Pentium, Pentium 2, Pentium 3, Intel Core, Core Duo, several i5 & i7 and an i9. Now you release a new CPU? What compensation will I get?

Srsly dude.....

@Nick Kaedalus.9526 said:That's the thing, we cannot equip an item that has a racial skin on a different race. The possibility of being able to have different sets of skins and dyes on a single piece of legendary equipment sounds great and ideal, but I doubt that would be their implementation - that's why I second the questions, so we could get some clarification on that.There is no problem. Concept can be changes. Now we apply skin on armor, but thew skin can be applied directly on person part, without any point that armor part on person. Devide person part skin and armor skin is not super giant size change I think.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:So how would this work with non legendary items?why it should changes whit non legendary?

Do players pay for each upgrade over and over, or will it be essentially a slot upgrade which works on all items for that slot?will see. I welcome this, but not wait any "profit" for myself. I can't be sure that not find some paralleled, like was whit templates, am wait than, but I don't buy any additional. For my 500 gems to unlock is reasonable if it unlock additional armor template on all account for all characters. So no one can be sure that wiht that "legendary template" we will not have the same .

Will this make legendary gear required/essential, because that could be a huge boundary for more casual players?why it should make some affect? As was written for non leg owners - 0 changes.

Please stop stating this nonsense.Please reread start message of this theme.

If we assume that the item is added to a legendary armory, thus making it available to every character on the account, without knowing what happens to the base item/s (and even IF that base item remains available devoid of additional functionality), the player who crafted the items is down the crafting materials multiple times for multiple items. Now this might not be relevant or of big significance when it comes to gold, but I would remind everyone that these armors also cost a ton of time gated materials (LI, WvW tickets, pvp tickets, etc.).so where is the problem? it is ok.

Net result: the most devoted players are essentially punished for spending resources on acquiring multiple same weight sets (and unlike T1 weapons, which essentially only cost gold, with a potential loss is very time consuming materials) without an ability to use time-gated materials for something else.We don't know how it will be implemented. As I say I see example wiht current armor templates. There is no negative changes for me, but benefits also not usable.Why I should wait something another wiht LegT ?

While I personally can live with this fact, it would be advisable if players who keep repeating this statement looked past the simplistic approach of only functionality (which is not even assured that it will remain the same).It can absoliuctly not affect. If someone not need = not add to yours leg item to the Legendary Armory, and be chill.

@lare.5129 said:

@Nick Kaedalus.9526 said:That's the thing, we cannot equip an item that has a racial skin on a different race. The possibility of being able to have different sets of skins and dyes on a single piece of legendary equipment sounds great and ideal, but I doubt that would be their implementation - that's why I second the questions, so we could get some clarification on that.There is no problem. Concept can be changes. Now we apply skin on armor, but thew skin can be applied directly on person part, without any point that armor part on person. Devide person part skin and armor skin is not super giant size change I think.

@Cyninja.2954 said:So how would this work with non legendary items?why it should changes whit non legendary?

Because it would make legendary gear required.

@lare.5129 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Do players pay for each upgrade over and over, or will it be essentially a slot upgrade which works on all items for that slot?will see. I welcome this, but not wait any "profit" for myself. I can't be sure that not find some paralleled, like was whit templates, am wait than, but I don't buy any additional. For my 500 gems to unlock is reasonable if it unlock additional armor template on all account for all characters. So no one can be sure that wiht that "legendary template" we will not have the same .

@Cyninja.2954 said:Will this make legendary gear required/essential, because that could be a huge boundary for more casual players?why it should make some affect? As was written for non leg owners - 0 changes.

If it has performance enhancing properties and benefits legendary gear implementation wise, it has a significant effect on non legy owners.

@lare.5129 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:If we assume that the item is added to a legendary armory, thus making it available to every character on the account, without knowing what happens to the base item/s (and even IF that base item remains available devoid of additional functionality), the player who crafted the items is down the crafting materials multiple times for multiple items. Now this might not be relevant or of big significance when it comes to gold, but I would remind everyone that these armors also cost a ton of time gated materials (LI, WvW tickets, pvp tickets, etc.).so where is the problem? it is ok.

For you, and if you are fine with potentially alienating some of the most dedicated players and consider that a smart business approach, more power to you.

@lare.5129 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Net result: the most devoted players are essentially punished for spending resources on acquiring multiple same weight sets (and unlike T1 weapons, which essentially only cost gold, with a potential loss is very time consuming materials) without an ability to use time-gated materials for something else.We don't know how it will be implemented. As I say I see example wiht current armor templates. There is no negative changes for me, but benefits also not usable.Why I should wait something another wiht LegT ?

Exactly, we don't know how it will get implemented. Players have concerns about this. Saying their concerns are not valid because of personal opinion, preference or being not affected is not helpful.

@lare.5129 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:While I personally can live with this fact, it would be advisable if players who keep repeating this statement looked past the simplistic approach of only functionality (which is not even assured that it will remain the same).It can absoliuctly not affect. If someone not need = not add to yours leg item to the Legendary Armory, and be chill.

That does not solve the issue of not getting back potentially years worth of time gated materials...

@Cyninja.2954 said:The time-frame is insignificant. So what if it takes 1-1.5 years for a substantial amount of players to get legendary gear on top of those who have it now. The issue does not disappear that itemization for those players is removed, be it now or in x-months. This is what I was talking about earlier, this change needs to be implemented with a LONG-TERM plan in mind.

Yeah, but that exists right now. My account is just over 2 years old. I can buy a new character slot from the gem store, have that character at LV 80 with both elite specs unlocked in like 20 minutes or whatever, given them a full set of ascended accessories, and then can either give them a full set of of exotic weapons and armor from storage, or a full set of ascended weapons and armor from storage. Runes and sigils either from storage, crafted, or purchased from the TP.

If anything, crafting my 2nd and 3rd set of legendary armor would give me something to work on - same with weapons.

If your concern is that by the time a player has 3 sets of legendary armor, that removes all semblance of itemization, I'm saying I'm already there with only 1 set of leggy armor, because I also have a tab of ascended and exotic chests in the bank. With ANET introducing things like the Warlords set for PvP/WvW, and helping players get ascended chests by doing strike missions, stocking up on those chests will get even easier. Now maybe I'm some kind of outlier, but I doubt it is rare to find a player who regularly plays WvW/PvP and also regularly does T4 fractals.

The only difference for me is that with Legendary armor I can experiment trying out builds without fear of wasting resources. Didn't like that condi build, etc? Just remove the runes/sigils and pick a different stat from the menu. It also helps avoid the costs of materials needed to reforge ascended armor. When I finished my Heavy set, I was able to easily create a full set of Diviners for my Renegade; would have been more of a chore if I tried to craft diviners insignia and then reforged.

I think you are correct that once people have all 3 sets of legendary armor unlocked, all the leggy trinkets and most of the weapons, yes, there is no itemization anymore, and people can just build their characters the same way one does in PvP, using drop down menus. But that takes a long time and a lot of effort/resources to reach, and you can achieve the same thing without any legendary gear at all, provided you don't mind spending resources to swap. But the last time I 'crafted' exotic or ascended gear because I needed to was back in early 2019.

If players knew this was coming, I guarantee they would not have put in the hard earned time and money to craft multiple legendary sets.

If we value each piece of legendary armor at ~2k gold, assume 1-6 extra sets (6-36 armor pieces), and 0.12% of players (maybe ~80k players. Help us quantify a more accurate number if possible of the affected players), that number is probably a larger percentage with ~1 to 5.76 billion in gold with however many hours it takes in each game mode. Something should definitely be done so that this feature does not invalidate these player's long term goals, which would otherwise be a very promising feature to the people who are obviously very happy that they are getting what is basically 400+ free legendaries (armors, weapons, trinkets) with 69 max character slots.

I love this idea even though i have 2 heavy sets.And for the person who asked why anyone would want multiple sets. Well if you ever tried moving legendary armor/weapons from one toon to another you would know it breaks you equipment templates since you have to "unequip" it from all templates on that toon before moving it. Thats a real Pain in the A. Especially when switching between toons quickly because say your raid is asking for your FB and you;re on your warrior.

Also ANET please allow us to use different skins for each toon. As other people mentioned if you have toons of diff race or gender some skins can look weird.

Thanks

@"cgMatt.5162" said:If players knew this was coming, I guarantee they would not have put in the hard earned time and money to craft multiple legendary sets.

If we value each piece of legendary armor piece at ~2k gold, assume 1-6 extra sets (6-36 armor pieces), and 0.12% of players (maybe ~80k players. Help us quantify a more accurate number if possible of the affected players), that number is probably a larger percentage with ~1-5.76 billion in gold with however many hours it takes in each game mode. Something should definitely be done so that this feature does not invalidate these player's long term goals, which would otherwise be a very promising feature to the people who are obviously very happy that they are getting what is basically 400+ free legendaries (armors, weapons, trinkets) with 69 max character slots.

Huh it's more like 390 gold per piece even after the materials inflated in price following this announcement and the WvW Conflux ring. gw2efficiency has around 4% (just under 10K) of players unlocking envoy armor (PvE) , it doesn't account for WvW/PvP since there's no skin unlock. It also has ~9% (20K) registered users with Envoy Armor II collection and 2K users (<1%) with the Envoy's Herald title (obtained from 18 pieces of envoy armor).

Given that gw2efficiency users are likely to be more invested in the game than your average player it doesn't bode well for the "I have all 3 legendary sets from PvE and still crafted more" subset.

If hypothetically there was a "refund" it probably would entail only accountbound currencies (legendary insights, chak eggs, reclaimed metal plates, Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy, Gift of Craftsmanship ; for WvW it would be skirmish tickets , testimonies of heroics , Gift of Battle ; for PvP : PvP league tickets, ascended shards of glory , mist core fragment, mystic clovers , etc) to avoid flooding the economy. I would say optimistically the best you can hope for if you have multiples of an armor is to get Gift of Condensed Might / Magic back as that's accountbound and the likely use-case in that instance would be for legendary runes and sigils if you don't have them already.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:The time-frame is insignificant. So what if it takes 1-1.5 years for a substantial amount of players to get legendary gear on top of those who have it now. The issue does not disappear that itemization for those players is removed, be it now or in x-months. This is what I was talking about earlier, this change needs to be implemented with a LONG-TERM plan in mind.

Yeah, but that exists right now. My account is just over 2 years old. I can buy a new character slot from the gem store, have that character at LV 80 with both elite specs unlocked in like 20 minutes or whatever, given them a full set of ascended accessories, and then can either give them a full set of of exotic weapons and armor from storage, or a full set of ascended weapons and armor from storage. Runes and sigils either from storage, crafted, or purchased from the TP.

Yes, but it's not as extreme as unlocking legendary gear for ALL characters. Especially once you factor for more than 9 characters.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:If anything, crafting my 2nd and 3rd set of legendary armor would give me something to work on - same with weapons.

If your concern is that by the time a player has 3 sets of legendary armor, that removes all semblance of itemization, I'm saying I'm already there with only 1 set of leggy armor, because I also have a tab of ascended and exotic chests in the bank. With ANET introducing things like the Warlords set for PvP/WvW, and helping players get ascended chests by doing strike missions, stocking up on those chests will get even easier. Now maybe I'm some kind of outlier, but I doubt it is rare to find a player who regularly plays WvW/PvP and also regularly does T4 fractals.

Great, so you are exactly the target demographic which benefits the most from this change with basically no downsides. You are neither a player without legendary items, nor one with to many. Wonderful, now please try to put your self in the shoes of players not as blessed and to either side of the demographic.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:The only difference for me is that with Legendary armor I can experiment trying out builds without fear of wasting resources. Didn't like that condi build, etc? Just remove the runes/sigils and pick a different stat from the menu. It also helps avoid the costs of materials needed to reforge ascended armor. When I finished my Heavy set, I was able to easily create a full set of Diviners for my Renegade; would have been more of a chore if I tried to craft diviners insignia and then reforged.

Which you were more than able to do with the system in place now, yet you never even bothered to even craft a set of 3 different legendary armors. Now guess what, others did exactly BECAUSE of those things you mentioned and even more. Yet those players get to hear by everyone else: suck it up.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I think you are correct that once people have all 3 sets of legendary armor unlocked, all the leggy trinkets and most of the weapons, yes, there is no itemization anymore, and people can just build their characters the same way one does in PvP, using drop down menus. But that takes a long time and a lot of effort/resources to reach, and you can achieve the same thing without any legendary gear at all, provided you don't mind spending resources to swap. But the last time I 'crafted' exotic or ascended gear because I needed to was back in early 2019.

Good for you. What about the players already in this situation? Not only do some face loss of itemization or even minute significance of interest in loot, some are even potentially punished for actually going out of their way to craft multiple sets.

Again, and I am stating this for the 3rd time by now:I really hope there are some long-term plans in place here both for players who decide to NOT craft legendary items (because even with the added incentive, these things take a long time to make) as well as for players who have essentially to many legendary items to benefit from this system.

Anet,

Thank you for sharing your plans on implementing the Legendary Armory! :+1:

This is a GREAT and much needed addition to your template system. Just as many folks have suggested, I too want to add my related wish-list aspects of the Legendary Armory:

1. It includes Back pieces and Trinkets
  2. The templates store the skin and dye selections (ideally). So we won't have to do any re-transmuting and re-dyeing when switching toons and/or templates.

If #2 cannot be done, perhaps legendary gear could be set to not require transmutation charges and just revert back to their default skin when switching templates.

If this Legendary Armory is implemented well enough, I'd be open to purchasing additional template slots. I have 3 Legendary WvW T3 armor sets (one per weight) and right now it's just such a pain to switch from my Tempest to my Reaper, per se. You make that switch painless, and it'll translate into me buying into your template system.

Thank you! :smile:

@cgMatt.5162 said:If players knew this was coming, I guarantee they would not have put in the hard earned time and money to craft multiple legendary sets.

If we value each piece of legendary armor at ~2k gold, assume 1-6 extra sets (6-36 armor pieces), and 0.12% of players (maybe ~80k players. Help us quantify a more accurate number if possible of the affected players), that number is probably a larger percentage with ~1 to 5.76 billion in gold with however many hours it takes in each game mode. Something should definitely be done so that this feature does not invalidate these player's long term goals, which would otherwise be a very promising feature to the people who are obviously very happy that they are getting what is basically 400+ free legendaries (armors, weapons, trinkets) with 69 max character slots.

Your numbers are WAY off. Each piece of Legendary Armor costs 350g at most. A full set is valued at around 1800g.

@"cgMatt.5162" said:If players knew this was coming, I guarantee they would not have put in the hard earned time and money to craft multiple legendary sets.

Alot of ppl anticipated this feature would end up on the devs table sooner or later, as it makes perfect sense to the game system. You will always have a small bunch of players that have obsessive completion disorders and will make 20 identicle legendaries for every character and alt, but the entire community shouldnt be punished because of these few players. I myself have literally tons of gear that will prolly end up as "reserve backup use" pieces, and i'm fine with that, as the legendary armory is a feature that is even more awesome and we shouldnt be holding back development of new cool features because ppl have multiple pieces of gear laying around.