Condi Rev Overtuned

Leafstorm.1349

@Sunshine.5014 said:The spirits really need another look. They cover the whole point, and put out way too much pressure for the teamfight. The condi is insane, together with CC and being tanky. Easily the best spec right now.

Funny story. I made a post pre patch where I joked that Anet would eventually dish out so many nerfs that people would (unironically) complain that either Renegade or Druid were too strong.

Remember when everyone said spirits were garbage because of:

1. High energy costs
  2. How easy it is to shut them down with random CC, causing the Renegade to have effectively wasted all of that energy
  3. How easy it is to just... run out of the spirit's radius in the event that it doesn't either get randomly CC'd or blown up by teamfight AoE.
  4. Using Duskrazer (your strongest spirit) offensively comes with a hefty 30 energy cost, puts the only stunbreak kalla has on CD, and leaves you vulnerable on top of all the weaknesses listed above.

Suffice to say, Renegade spirits have plenty of counterplay.

@"Kuma.1503" said:Remember when everyone said spirits were garbage because of:

1. High energy costs
  2. How easy it is to shut them down with random CC, causing the Renegade to have effectively wasted all of that energy
  3. How easy it is to just... run out of the spirit's radius in the event that it doesn't either get randomly CC'd or blown up by teamfight AoE.
  4. Using Duskrazer (your strongest spirit) offensively comes with a hefty 30 energy cost, puts the only stunbreak kalla has on CD, and leaves you vulnerable on top of all the weaknesses listed above.
  1. They need you to be on port spot for some reason.

It was overbearing in 2v2, but I haven't had an issue with them in 5v5 regardless of which class/build I was playing. Big hitters are Axe 3 (lots of torment) and Axe 5 (CC, sets up for their burst plus torment) so avoiding those is key. Outside of that, their damage is managable, and their low stab/stunbreak access makes them an easy target to lock down. If they run Sword/Shield in offhand (as most do) their mobility is nearly nonexistant, so don't expect them to be sticking to you like glue in the same way Shiro could .

Yeah condi rev needs a huge nerf. It has way too low cooldown on the weapon skills, spamable big AOE fields that pulse condi alongside a massive resistance uptime. 2 heal skills and way too much sustain for the frequent and reliable damage it spams in AOE. You cant really counter it in melee combat as you then have to stand in all the AOE spam, you cant counter it with condis because of the absurd resistance uptime as well as the overall nerf to corrupts. The only real counter is ranged power dps, with can be LOSed easy and is not really present in the current meta. Please do something about this.

@"Brujeria.7536" said:spamable big AOE fields that pulse condiA scourge complaing about "spamable big AOE fields that pulse condi".Condi herald has only 2 big AOE fiels. Mallyx elite and herald Elemenatal blast (this one is hybrid). Mase #2 is not really an AOE.

@"Brujeria.7536" said:Yeah condi rev needs a huge nerf. It has way too low cooldown on the weapon skillsDid you know that energy is not only used by utility but also by weapon skills?

Anyway, as shao said, stop nerfing mallyx or corruption traitline. The real issue is herald, specially infuse light. Try to play core condi rev. It's basically the same playstyle as condi herald. The only difference is that you don t have anymore an "oh shit I fucked up " button aka infuse light.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@"Brujeria.7536" said:spamable big AOE fields that pulse condiA scourge complaing about "spamable big AOE fields that pulse condi".Condi herald has only 2 big AOE fiels. Mallyx elite and herald Elemenatal blast (this one is hybrid). Mase #2 is not really an AOE.

@"Brujeria.7536" said:Yeah condi rev needs a huge nerf. It has way too low cooldown on the weapon skillsDid you know that energy is not only used by utility but also by weapon skills?

Anyway, as shao said, stop nerfing mallyx or corruption traitline. The real issue is herald, specially infuse light. Try to play core condi rev. It's basically the same playstyle as condi herald. The only difference is that you don t have anymore an "oh kitten I kitten up " button aka infuse light.

Mace 2 is a normal AOE. Also "energy" is a pseudo ressource that replenishes quickly and requires no effort. On top of that the the weapon skills cost so little that it barely matters. In fact Scourge has way longer cooldowns on its skills then a rev does, despite not dealing nearly the same amount of conditions in the same frequency.

Scourges condis tickle and are annoying the way they nerfed it, Rev condis are plentyfull and way over the top in how fast they can kill things.

@Brujeria.7536 said:snip

Weapon skill energy costs start to pile up when you toss legend skills into the mix. I see infuse light pointed to as the reason that Herald oveperforms, but I disagree. What makes Herald so strong compared to every other legend is how little costs Facets have. If you're using Mallyx elite, which is the AoE pulsing condi people tend to complain about, you can, at most, press 1 legend skill before you're stuck spamming away at the auto attack, because even the relatively low weapon skill costs will become too much to sustain.

Herald does not have this issue. Facets don't drain much energy at all unless you try to upkeep too many at once (which half decent heralds will not do). You can double tap them for very little cost, and this frees the herald up to use as many legend skills and weapon skills as it likes. If we want to bring Herald in line, we should look at balancing out energy costs across each legend.

@Kuma.1503 said:

@"Brujeria.7536" said:snip

Weapon skill energy costs start to pile up when you toss legend skills into the mix. I see infuse light pointed to as the reason that Herald oveperforms, but I disagree. What makes Herald so strong compared to every other legend is how little costs Facets have. If you're using Mallyx elite, which is the AoE pulsing condi people tend to complain about, you can, at most, press 1 legend skill before you're stuck spamming away at the auto attack, because even the relatively low weapon skill costs will become too much to sustain.

Herald does not have this issue. Facets don't drain much energy at all unless you try to upkeep too many at once (which half decent heralds will not do). You can double tap them for very little cost, and this frees the herald up to use as many legend skills and weapon skills as it likes. If we want to bring Herald in line, we should look at balancing out energy costs across each legend.

I dont know how the balance between the legends is but the main problem with condi rev is that he basicly only needs one traitline and the weapon set. The class gets all the really strong and damaging conditions (burning, torment) with huge AOE fields for free. You dont even have to use many mallyx skills at all. This fact combined with "double healing skills" no matter if infusing light or not , is too much. To top it off the traits are really overpowered for the most part - huge resistance uptime, potential damage decrease if you have resistance as well as healing if you spec for it is really not balanced. Also, you get back energy if you swap legends with kinda kills any form of energy management. The design of "energy" in GW2 is a pesudo ressource, that also could not be there in the first place if you add a normal cooldown on the utility skills and balance them around that instead.

Its a general "leftover" revenant problem that the class was designed to not have a weapon swap. In exchange for the lack of weaponswap, the weaponskills where stronger. They changed this at the latest time before release, without ever balancing the weapon skills around the fact that the class does have a weapon swap now. Compare the weapon set to any vanilla class, be it mesmer, necro or even ranger. The skills (especially with the condi set) are WAY overtuned both in size, effects, and AOE.

There are a few problems here. One person said that they're slow, but they get perma swiftness, a 900 range gap closer from axe 4, plus a gap closer from call to anguish. Another person said to just dodge, but you cant dodge everything, right? This spec applies AoE condi pressure and takes very little pressure its self as it has such high resistance uptime and its heals are actually amazingly good to sustain itself - not to mention it has a multitude of stuns, an evade, a block, a blind, and can apply protection with a heal to keep it up.

The biggest problem here is the skill Call to Anguish. This is a skill that allows you to jump 600 range, pull everything within a 360 radius, the pull is 360 degrees, applies chill, applies reistance, will apply torment due to the application of chill, will apply weakness because you disable the person - which will also give you 10% dmg increase, AND its a leap finisher... All of this from ONE SKILL. What? @ArenaNet Team.4819 please take a look at this.

Also, I love how everyone just assumes I'm some nub and don't know anything about PvP like how to dodge, or what to q with etc. I have top 100 titles, I have the new 2v2 250 title, I win ATs. I probably should have made my argument more clear to start with, but I was short on time and assumed most people would understand how broken condi rev actually is.