BLTC: Mythic Weapon

@videoboy.4162 said:I think there's a good chance they'll show up as part of the Black Lion Statutette inventory. That happened with the Immortal Weapons.

eventually, same with the Onyx and Gold Lion Weapon Choice, because outside the rare sources, which only gives a meagerly amount, Statuette can only comes from BLC Keys, and you need loads of gems to buy them = revenue for Anet

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@videoboy.4162 said:I think there's a good chance they'll show up as part of the Black Lion Statutette inventory. That happened with the Immortal Weapons.

eventually, same with the Onyx and Gold Lion Weapon Choice, because outside the rare sources, which only gives a meagerly amount, Statuette can only comes from BLC Keys, and you need loads of gems to buy them = revenue for Anet

I agree with you both and don't think it's a good idea. I just thought you might want to know there would probably be a secondary way later (even if it's not really a good way).

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I don't quite understand the rationale behind locking these weapon skins behind packages that aren't discounted for shit you already own. I'd probably have bought several were they available separately, but there's no way I'm buying a package that contains 4 things I already own and can't gift to other people.

TBH when I saw the mythic staff on a player in WvW, I thought it was a new legendary weapon skin or something. Pretty sad when some gemstore skins are better looking than some legendary weapons, but it's all intentional I guess. I don't think you should be forced to buy a set just for a weapon though. That's stupid and unnecessary. I don't like most of the outfits that come with these sets, so I won't be buying it. I only want to buy things I can see myself using in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with them wanting (and needing) money, but making the skins only available as part of a pack of 4 items is ridiculous. Just sell a Mythic Weapon skin box for 800 gems and I'd be tempted to buy the whole set. They are gorgeous! Or, do what you've always done - lock them behind Black Lion tickets like the other collections, which has the same effect (people buy gems to buy keys to get Black Lion Tickets and scraps. I have no problem monetizing such gorgeous skins, but the way in which you have done it is likely going to net you LESS money than if we could obtain the skins as we do most others...

@Timmychem.9743 said:I agree with them wanting (and needing) money, but making the skins only available as part of a pack of 4 items is ridiculous. Just sell a Mythic Weapon skin box for 800 gems and I'd be tempted to buy the whole set. They are gorgeous! Or, do what you've always done - lock them behind Black Lion tickets like the other collections, which has the same effect (people buy gems to buy keys to get Black Lion Tickets and scraps. I have no problem monetizing such gorgeous skins, but the way in which you have done it is likely going to net you LESS money than if we could obtain the skins as we do most others...

They did this with the Black/Gold Lion weapons and the Immortal Weapons as well, i dont recall people being upset with that decision. Theyll eventually get added to the statuette vendor and potentially the wardrobe unlock items further on in the future(The lion weapons havent been added yet, but the immortal weapons are.)

• 3 months later...

@Brian.6435 said:I honestly don't know why they don't do a premium account thing that gives you gems etc for 15 bucks a month. Literally every other successful MMO has this.

But I really just wanted to stop by to say... BRING.BACK.THE. MYTHIC. WEAPONS.Because you can still pay for 15 bucks worth of gems every month. Not sure whats so hard about that.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Brian.6435 said:I honestly don't know why they don't do a premium account thing that gives you gems etc for 15 bucks a month. Literally every other successful MMO has this.

But I really just wanted to stop by to say... BRING.BACK.THE. MYTHIC. WEAPONS.Because you can still pay for 15 bucks worth of gems every month. Not sure whats so hard about that.

No extra benefits? No advantage over those who don't pay? That is most likely the reason.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@"Brian.6435" said:I honestly don't know why they don't do a premium account thing that gives you gems etc for 15 bucks a month. Literally every other successful MMO has this.

No extra benefits? No advantage over those who don't pay? That is most likely the reason.

Well, there really isn't a pay to win advantage, but the extra benefit to voluntarily paying $15/month is getting gems that those who don't pay wouldn't get. Those gems would allow the player to purchase things in the gem store that players who don't pay per month wouldn't be able to purchase. Since the suggestion was a "premium account thing that gives you gems etc" I feel that was the benefit that was being requested.