Cheap Necro Build forces shock down on top 5 PvP Ranker in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:Also, wvw is a zone primarily built for team-based mass combat to occur, but somehow you seem to have missed that memo.

What memo? It's "designed for team-based mass combat" as much as it is for smallscale/solo roaming.

What what wvw designed for to offer players?

I don't understand the question.

Change the second "what" typo to "was" and there ya go...

What was wvw designed for to offer players?

As close to an open world pvp experience as possible? Not sure what's your point here.

That it? Just an “open world pvp experience”? Are you aware of the intended design differences between wvw and spvp?

Yes -for one, spvp is nowhere near open world pvp experience and is obviously much more limiting than wvw. Instead of asking pretty much the same question over and over again, maybe get to the point. If you have one.

And it would be nice for you to drop spvp as it's in no way relevant. Whatever you're trying to say here, comparisons to spvp won't make a valid point.

WvW was modeled after/drew inspiration from an RvR game called Dark Age of Camelot. That "RvR" is "Realm vs Realm". Realm vs Realm here is a "MIst War" with pvp combat on an epic scale that is offered across 5 large maps where hundreds of players can fight it out over objectives and stuff... No were have the devs ever said that wvw balancing will factor in 1v1 duel results or make extra balance considerations just for roamers or scouts. Spvp (ya know structured pvp) is a controlled pvp environment that was designed for very small scale e-sports pvp play. And yes, the balance and gears in spvp have been different for fairer e-sports competition balancing reasons...

So you tell me where the devs should balance professions more for 1v1... Our RvR "Mist War" pvp mode on an epic scale where hundreds of players duke it out over objectives across many maps? Or inside of spvp that primarily runs 5v5 matches and most fights happen over small circles up to 500 points?

There is no discussion "where they should
do it more
", because it makes no sense. Existance of one gamemode doesn't remove certain gameplay aspects and possibilities from the other gamemode, which is why I said -drop spvp comparisons. As @"Stand The Wall.6987" said, roaming/smallscale/zerg builds usually use different skills and traits, which is why you have no point at all if all you have is pretending that you can only balance around one playstyle in a given mode.

And gw2 is its own game, not sure why you're bringing another game as an argument. Talk about the game we're playing, not the one you think it copies.

I had to do it bc you weren’t familiar with what wvw is. And I know you may want duels to be the main focus of balancing for wvw builds, but it’s not a duel pvp game mode.

I was and still am familiar with what wvw is. You said nothing other than "it can't be this, because
spvp
and
another game
is that", which is a false claim at its very core. You still didn't say anything substantial.And I'm literally never dueling, so, uh... Keep shooting blanks and hoping something finally sticks I guess.

Unfortunately you didn't really understand the differences between the modes, so I was helping you.

I did and I still do. But anything you can/can't do in pvp mode have nothing to do with what you can/can't do in wvw. Bringing up another mode here was and still is irrelevant and apparently you still fail to understand that.

An RvR mode is different than "open world pvp".

I never said it's literally "open world pvp", so... Not sure why you're writing this.

Again the primary design purpose was to offer players a mode made for MASS COMBAT, like DAoC... and like CU...

It's hilarious that you think a mode needs to be limited to a single "valid playstyle", but that's just obviously wrong. So you're still as wrong as you were a few days ago.

And if you nerf a profession for 1v1 in wvw then you screw that profession over in mass combat play.

No. And fairly sure someone else already answered to this, but I won't bother rereading -but you probably should.

What? "As close to an open world pvp experience as possible?"

Yup. Now understand the words you read. It's not open world pvp, but it sure is close and if you think it's not then, again, not sure what to tell you here.

It's hilarious you think I wrote anything about "valid playstyle"... What do you think I'm just some zerg player? And it's hilarious you don't understand the word "primarily" either... Like you wouldn't understand it if I said spvp was primarily designed for 5v5 fairer small scale e-sports pvp competition, right?

So if you understand that it's not designed solely for that, then not sure what you're talking at all Arguing that it doesn't matter, because it's not designed for it, but now you claim you don't say it's not designed for it. You used "primarily" based on nothing else than your personal preference/opinion -if multiple playstyles are valid/viable/in line with the design of the mode (because they are), then your claims that it's "primarily for this one" are pointless. Not to mention we've seen many changes influencing specifically roaming/small scale builds.

Actually yes, or don't you have any experience with our pvp modes?

Actually no and bringing pvp mode into this is still as irrelevant as it was before. pvp mode in no way shapes or influences wvw mode, no matter how many times you'll try to repeat BUT PEEVEEPEEE -nope, still irrelevant.

So, indeed, you didn’t fully understand what wvw was.

You don’t seem to have a great understanding of the pvp modes in this game. Shouldn’t be difficult for players who are pvp oriented to get the basic concepts of what I’m saying, but now I understand why you deflect and use the “it’s not relevant” argument.

@"Swagger.1459" said:Here ya go peeps... WvW is not your typical “open world pvp” or duel zone to balance Professions around ur 1v1s...

Cool link. 1:18

I'm not sure what your point is, they literally list small scale there, keep talking how it doesn't matter in wvw, apparently because pvp mode exists. Still hilarious how you bend the facts to match your opinion.Clearly if anyone lacks understanding here, it's not me, but keep trying.

Also conveniently ignoring the fact that they made changes to roaming/small scale builds in the past is an interesting tactic, I guess so much for "deflecting". And lets repeat just to be 100% clear here: existance of pvp mode in no way changes how wvw is being played. It is, indeed, irrelevant here.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:Here ya go peeps... WvW is not your typical “open world pvp” or duel zone to balance Professions around ur 1v1s...

I'm not sure what your point is, they literally list small scale there, keep talking how it doesn't matter in wvw, apparently because pvp mode exists. Still hilarious how you bend the facts to match your opinion.Clearly if anyone lacks understanding here, it's not me, but keep trying.

Lol there ya go with not understanding what “primarily” is... Nobody is saying you can’t small scale or solo roam, but the mode was primarily designed for “pvp on an epic scale” and “it’s about gigantic battles on massive maps” and “wvw is large scale pvp warfare the way it’s meant to be”... Primary, look it up... So you don”t screw up the primary for what is less than secondary. Don’t get that either?

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:Here ya go peeps... WvW is not your typical “open world pvp” or duel zone to balance Professions around ur 1v1s...

Lol there ya go with not understanding what “primarily” is... Nobody is saying you can’t small scale or solo roam, but the mode was primarily designed for “pvp on an epic scale” and “it’s about gigantic battles on massive maps” and “wvw is large scale pvp warfare the way it’s meant to be”... Primary, look it up... So you don”t screw up the primary for what is less than secondary. Don’t get that either?

Yeah, that's still your misinterpretation, nobody ever says if it's "primarily for x or y", both styles contribute to the goal of the map, which is what the mode was designed for. The implemented changes influence roaming/small/big scale and it's not on accident, the "primarily for x" is your own unsupported with anything opinion.Now, if you want to keep repeating the same thing, ignoring the fact that the mode already was and still is seeing balancing changes aimed at both big scale and small scale builds, then we have nothing to talk about, because you're in denial. If you don't want to come up with a new, valid, unbiased argument, then feel free to just reread this thread from the top, because repeating myself gets a little boring. o/

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:Here ya go peeps... WvW is not your typical “open world pvp” or duel zone to balance Professions around ur 1v1s...

Yeah, that's still your misinterpretation, nobody ever says if it's "primarily for x or y", both styles contribute to the goal of the map, which is what the mode was designed for. The implemented changes influence roaming/small/big scale and it's not on accident, the "primarily for x" is your own unsupported with anything opinion.Now, if you want to keep repeating the same thing, ignoring the fact that the mode already was and still is seeing balancing changes aimed at both big scale and small scale builds, then we have nothing to talk about, because you're in denial. If you don't want to come up with a new, valid, unbiased argument, then feel free to just reread this thread from the top, because repeating myself gets a little boring. o/

I’m still showing you what wvw is bc you don’t really know. Watch the vid again and do some wvw to get the idea of it.

Primary.

So you went full sustain tank and became hard to kill...Hate to break it to you but sustain tanking is one of the few things Necro is actually good at these days.

Not to mention you didn't even kill anyone with that build in the video.Closest you got was with the Daredevil after a battle where they maintained a HP advantage over you for most of it..

Hoenstly there is nothing about this video that demands a nerf.. if you take away necro's sustain you'll just ruin everything else about the class and nobody would play it anymore.