I like drawing designs for GW2. So I'll consolidate them here.

• 2 months later...

@"DietPepsi.4371" said:Sylvari Mounts:gpyJW9i.pnghttps://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/e23k4l/ilddfgw2sicth2_sylvari_mounts_request_done/"To clarify: The Sycamore Griffon and Sycamore Skyscale are the same organism in different stages of it's growth. The Sycamore Leaf Griffon is a young Sycamore with no seeds to bear, whereas the Sycamore Seed Skyscale is a mature Sycamore, which has shed most of it's leaves in favour of 'helicopter seeds'.

Sycamore Seed Skyscale also does not understand the concept of personal boundaries or what qualifies as socially acceptable behaviour. Maybe he just got fed up of being confined to such a small panel on the hand-drawn scrawled grid."

I'm still waiting for sylvari-like skins for mounts and these look amazing :D And speaking of sylvari, I'm curious to know how you would design a sylvari cape! :)

I love your art, thanks for sharing it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@"DietPepsi.4371" said:Sylvari Mounts:gpyJW9i.pnghttps://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/e23k4l/ilddfgw2sicth2_sylvari_mounts_request_done/"To clarify: The Sycamore Griffon and Sycamore Skyscale are the same organism in different stages of it's growth. The Sycamore Leaf Griffon is a young Sycamore with no seeds to bear, whereas the Sycamore Seed Skyscale is a mature Sycamore, which has shed most of it's leaves in favour of 'helicopter seeds'.

Sycamore Seed Skyscale also does not understand the concept of personal boundaries or what qualifies as socially acceptable behaviour. Maybe he just got fed up of being confined to such a small panel on the hand-drawn scrawled grid."

Those are gorgeous. I really wish to see them in-game one day (sooner than soon would be great). And if they have the sylvari-ish glow that can be dyed to match my characters' I'll be a very happy twig-nerd :D

@kuteykathy.8123 said:Love your creativity :love:

Thanks. =)

@TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:I'm still waiting for sylvari-like skins for mounts and these look amazing :D And speaking of sylvari, I'm curious to know how you would design a sylvari cape! :)

I love your art, thanks for sharing it!

I do think with the rate at which Anet is able to churn out mount skins, that a selection of racial mounts is certainly reasonable, but what gets made seems to be partly dependant on what the modellers want to make. These are more meant to serve as inspirations as opposed to full suggestions, so I'm sure if and when racial mount skins make it into the game they will be somewhat better designed than these, especially since I have little experience with designing within the boundaries of the Sylvari aesthetic.

I could have a go a Sylvari cape at some point, as I can't imagine it would be anywhere near as difficult as designing mount skins.

Thanks. =)

@anninke.7469 said:Those are gorgeous. I really wish to see them in-game one day (sooner than soon would be great). And if they have the sylvari-ish glow that can be dyed to match my characters' I'll be a very happy twig-nerd :D

I think I personally wouldn't want to see my specific designs, as they are all one design pass. Generally speaking designs like this should go though multiple passes before finalisation, and as a result will be much more refined. Considering this is the first time I've ever done Sylvari themed stuff; there's room for improvement there too. Pretty happy with the Pond Jackal though.

I think it's reasonable to expect that all sylvari mounts would have bio-luminescence. B)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@MikeG.6389 said:I like these. Very creative.My favourite is the parachute/glider.

But, as much as I like the design of the Charr beetle, I don't think ANet would go for it. It's not a mount (i.e. a creature), but a vehicle.

I do fear that this reason is the reason why Anet hasn't introduced the Rollercycle skin yet, but I feel if that is the reason, then Anet's logic is very very flawed, because there's definitely no valid lore reason not to do so (Since a lot of mount skins are not really lore friendly to begin with), and differentiation is definitely not a valid reason (since there's such a massive amount of over the top skins, such as floating rock constructs, the jackal being made out of sand, and pretty much all the premium skins being soo different from their base skins), and difficulty definitely isn't a valid reason, as a lot of the premium skins have their own unique animations and even unique skeletons/rigs.

Another thing to mention is that Anet has previously introduced weapon skins that are not the base weapon type in appearance, for example the scythe staff skin, the spanner mace skin, the blowtorch torch skin, and the list goes on...so I do think if Anet has any sense, both from a financial standpoint, and a design standpoint they will see that the Rollercycle is a logical and viable skin option, that would b well received, as activity on the forums has proved the demand for it.Here's to hoping.

The closest thing to the parachute soo far has been the Breath Of the Wild inspired 'para-glider', which uses the right animations for a parafoil parachute, so hopefully Anet can make that one at some point.

@DietPepsi.4371 said:

@MikeG.6389 said:I like these. Very creative.My favourite is the parachute/glider.

But, as much as I like the design of the Charr beetle, I don't think ANet would go for it. It's not a mount (i.e. a creature), but a vehicle.

I do fear that this reason is the reason why Anet hasn't introduced the Rollercycle skin yet, but I feel if that is the reason, then Anet's logic is very very flawed, because there's definitely no valid lore reason not to do so (Since a lot of mount skins are not really lore friendly to begin with), and differentiation is definitely not a valid reason (since there's such a massive amount of over the top skins, such as floating rock constructs, the jackal being made out of sand, and pretty much all the premium skins being soo different from their base skins), and difficulty definitely isn't a valid reason, as a lot of the premium skins have their own unique animations and even unique skeletons/rigs.

Another thing to mention is that Anet has previously introduced weapon skins that are not the base weapon type in appearance, for example the scythe staff skin, the spanner mace skin, the blowtorch torch skin, and the list goes on...so I do think if Anet has any sense, both from a financial standpoint, and a design standpoint they will see that the Rollercycle is a logical and viable skin option, that would b well received, as activity on the forums has proved the demand for it.Here's to hoping.

The closest thing to the parachute soo far has been the Breath Of the Wild inspired 'para-glider', which uses the right animations for a parafoil parachute, so hopefully Anet can make that one at some point.

I disagree. While some of the mount skins are pretty out there, as far as creature design goes, they are still creatures, as in living-breathing and/or spirit beings. The charrcycle doesn't fit that description: it's a machine in the traditional sense. Unless the Charr suddenly find a way to bind beetle spirits to the cycles, that is...On the other hand, ANet could introduce a new and mechanical mount and then we could have a version of this idea in game. Not sure where the role of a new mount would fit into the existing pantheon, but I also didn't expect the Skyscale to practically replace the Griffon, so who knows...?

• 2 months later...

Like the idea, just worried on the animations of the griffon and skyscale. The branches are not very... bendy looking.