AT bug?

Leafstorm.1349

I've had two ATs where we get to QF and instantly lose. In fairness, we lost one game before entering that state, but its really weird as we had won our QF match, then the person we beat goes onto semis while we get kicked out. It would make sense if all 4 teams in semis had not lost a single match, but as I just said, we beat them in QF, so they obviously lost a match. It would make sense that if we win in QF, we move onto semis.

How does this make any sense? Please explain.

I had an AT like that before. We lost against the eventual AT winner (a mega facepalm throw), but won the rest. We were waiting to meet them in the final again, but suddenly the game decided it's over for us, and gave us 10g.

I think there might be something wonky with the latest AT Swiss change. Regardless, if you only lost one, you shouldn't be eliminated yet. Due to luck, you may meet the AT winner pretty early in the Swiss rounds.

@Leafstorm.1349 said:How does this make any sense? Please explain.@Sunshine.5014 said:I think there might be something wonky with the latest AT Swiss change.Thats the way it is now dudes ;)

There had been reasonable complaints about the excessive duration of swiss ATs and therefore the devs reduced the number of qualification-matches.As a result of this change, it can be possible that a team with one loss gets eliminated.This is what Cal Cohen posted on march 16 :With the new numbers, swiss daily tournaments will be one round longer than single-elimination tournaments of the same size, but some number of 1-loss teams will >potentially miss the elimination bracket.