Are there any good mesmer pvp builds?

MVBennett.6875

Mirage is rather flexible you can go for mixture of dom/illu/duel/chaos as well as different weapon sets depending what you needMirage is no longer all around faceroll taking any role, but you can build around what u need.Chronomancer is not viableCore mes has some great utility in mass invis but not rly enough dmg overal

Last time i checked mes was #5 on 2v2, only behind nec reapers tempest, so ofc its good class - played by world champ or notIn conquest mesmers spot is even better due to mobility advantage especially over necs, fbs and revs which are really strong right now

@Koen.1327 said:Mirage is rather flexible you can go for mixture of dom/illu/duel/chaos as well as different weapon sets depending what you needMirage is no longer all around faceroll taking any role, but you can build around what u need.Chronomancer is not viableCore mes has some great utility in mass invis but not rly enough dmg overal

Last time i checked mes was #5 on 2v2, only behind nec reapers tempest, so ofc its good class - played by world champ or notIn conquest mesmers spot is even better due to mobility advantage especially over necs, fbs and revs which are really strong right now

I disagree, I dont see a single role for mesmer that cant be occupied by another class that will do that role better then mes.For node side node, weavers, revs, holo, scrapper will do better.for roaming thief, ranger will do better.for teamfights anything will do better.@MVBennett.6875If you are dead set on playing mesmer you can try playing berserker shatter, and focus the WORST player on enemy team till he starts trolling.If you are MUCH better then enemies you can play sidenode grieving mirage with IH and portal. -> its REALLY fucking risky, people can explode you. But if you are much better you can quickly kill them, and portal rotate to create insane map pressure

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Koen.1327 said:Mirage is rather flexible you can go for mixture of dom/illu/duel/chaos as well as different weapon sets depending what you needMirage is no longer all around faceroll taking any role, but you can build around what u need.Chronomancer is not viableCore mes has some great utility in mass invis but not rly enough dmg overal

I disagree, I dont see a single role for mesmer that cant be occupied by another class that will do that role better then mes.For node side node, weavers, revs, holo, scrapper will do better.for roaming thief, ranger will do better.for teamfights anything will do better.@MVBennett.6875If you are dead set on playing mesmer you can try playing berserker shatter, and focus the WORST player on enemy team till he starts trolling.If you are MUCH better then enemies you can play sidenode grieving mirage with IH and portal. -> its REALLY kitten risky, people can explode you. But if you are much better you can quickly kill them, and portal rotate to create insane map pressure

with domination mirage is pretty much the best debuffer with high boon rip and easy 25 vuln, so its useful in any fight

@Koen.1327 said:

I disagree, I dont see a single role for mesmer that cant be occupied by another class that will do that role better then mes.For node side node, weavers, revs, holo, scrapper will do better.for roaming thief, ranger will do better.for teamfights anything will do better.@MVBennett.6875If you are dead set on playing mesmer you can try playing berserker shatter, and focus the WORST player on enemy team till he starts trolling.If you are MUCH better then enemies you can play sidenode grieving mirage with IH and portal. -> its REALLY kitten risky, people can explode you. But if you are much better you can quickly kill them, and portal rotate to create insane map pressure

with domination mirage is pretty much the best debuffer with high boon rip and easy 25 vuln, so its useful in any fight

longbow ranger standing still and holding m1 and dealing reliable 2k dps is usefull too.its all a matter of perspective, everyone else is MORE usefull.and most importantly, everyone else is much safer while being more usefull.

@"Koen.1327" said:Mirage is rather flexible you can go for mixture of dom/illu/duel/chaos as well as different weapon sets depending what you needMirage is no longer all around faceroll taking any role, but you can build around what u need.Chronomancer is not viableCore mes has some great utility in mass invis but not rly enough dmg overal

It's not mes who is #5, it's misha, which is a big difference.

with domination mirage is pretty much the best debuffer with high boon rip and easy 25 vuln, so its useful in any fightI disagree about the best debuffer : thief, rev, war, nec can do it better on long fights and don't rely on clones.Mean :

• a thief spamming larcenous strike has the same debuff effect as a shatter mes with average 2 sucessfull hits.
  • a rev using banish enchantment is way more insane in teamfight than a mes in regards of debuff, same as scourge.
  • a core necro using corrupt boon is way more easy to use at keys moments, they can even be the best debuffer with traiting for it (+ they not only debuff but corrupt.) mean I will no list all the way they have to corrupt/ remove boon but it's clearly ahead mesmers.
  • a SP clear boon when cc and on 8 sec CD f1 wich is basically the same amount as a 10 sec cd F1 + they can ult for it in teamfight.

Mean sorry but how mesmer can be the best debuffer ? Did we play the same game ?Mean look at : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon#Skills_that_remove_boonsAddition skills that remove boons + skills that transfer boons + skills that converts boons into conditions (13 for nec alone...) + traits that remove boons + traits that transfer boons, + traits that convert boons into conditions you should see that mesmer is far to be the best debuffer. And on top of that, his debuff has less side effects than most other class debuff...

That said, condi mirage is probably a viable duellist spec with misha's build.

@viquing.8254 said:

@"Koen.1327" said:Mirage is rather flexible you can go for mixture of dom/illu/duel/chaos as well as different weapon sets depending what you needMirage is no longer all around faceroll taking any role, but you can build around what u need.Chronomancer is not viableCore mes has some great utility in mass invis but not rly enough dmg overal

It's not mes who is #5, it's misha, which is a big difference.

with domination mirage is pretty much the best debuffer with high boon rip and easy 25 vuln, so its useful in any fightI disagree about the best debuffer : thief, rev, war, nec can do it better on long fights and don't rely on clones.Mean :
  • a thief spamming larcenous strike has the same debuff effect as a shatter mes with average 2 sucessfull hits.
  • a rev using banish enchantment is way more insane in teamfight than a mes in regards of debuff, same as scourge.
  • a core necro using corrupt boon is way more easy to use at keys moments, they can even be the best debuffer with traiting for it (+ they not only debuff but corrupt.) mean I will no list all the way they have to corrupt/ remove boon but it's clearly ahead mesmers.
  • a SP clear boon when cc and on 8 sec CD f1 wich is basically the same amount as a 10 sec cd F1 + they can ult for it in teamfight.

Mean sorry but how mesmer can be the best debuffer ? Did we play the same game ?Mean look at :
Addition skills that remove boons + skills that transfer boons + skills that converts boons into conditions (13 for nec alone...) + traits that remove boons + traits that transfer boons, + traits that convert boons into conditions you should see that mesmer is far to be the best debuffer. And on top of that, his debuff has less side effects than most other class debuff...

That said, condi mirage is probably a viable duellist spec with misha's build.

most popular nec builds have like 1 corrupt so we probably are playing a different gamedebuffing is not just removing boon i also mentioned 25 vuln which is applied very easy unlike other specsnot even sure why you even mention sp which is pretty much just dagger f1 and on cc, which only remove 2 and 1

how doesn't 3 clone f4 not remove pretty much all boons around and apply 25 vuln? banish after pulling enemies isnt even closethe only limit is clone production

@"Koen.1327"the only "easy" way to apply 25vulnerability is during 1v1 with 3 ambushing sword clones, and stacking 25 vulnerability in 1v1 is of no impact. since its just a damage increase with extra steps, in 2v2/3v3 its NO LONGER RELIABLE, becouse clones die, vuln gets cleansed, clones attack wrong targets etc etc.The fact that necro can play without corrupt boons doesnt mean that boon corrupts are bad. Nec simply has even better shit to use, unlike mesmer that has no choices anymore.I never thought I would live the day where CONDI mirage is forced to go fucking domination to deal damage, what the fuck man.

any f3 use should yield 25 vuln, remove most if not all boons - not sure if anyone still uses IH because EM is much better nowim not trying to emphasize on the debuff thing, obviously doesn't mean everything but im just trying to say its a strong aspect of the current 'meta' buildop is just asking for anything decent besides the metabattle ones which i would say that also other builds are viable besides what we discussed about domination - i've tested many builds since patch launched and i feel trait choice is more flexible than ever (for condi that is)

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Koen.1327"the only "easy" way to apply 25vulnerability is during 1v1 with 3 ambushing sword clones, and stacking 25 vulnerability in 1v1 is of no impact. since its just a damage increase with extra steps, in 2v2/3v3 its NO LONGER RELIABLE, becouse clones die, vuln gets cleansed, clones attack wrong targets etc etc.The fact that necro can play without corrupt boons doesnt mean that boon corrupts are bad. Nec simply has even better kitten to use, unlike mesmer that has no choices anymore.I never thought I would live the day where CONDI mirage is forced to go kitten domination to deal damage, what the kitten man.

Also Necro can apply 10 stacks of vuln each fear and has 3 (even 5 target). ranger gets a ton too that is easy to apply and reapply, etc, etc. I agree with Leon and would say this is hardly a unique thing to apply stacks of vuln if you want to on many classes and most if not all can do it with more effect, more often and with less effort than mesmer.

Also necro focus is all about boon strip AND vuln with chill to boot and ammo on 4. Personally it seems allot neater to be able life leech while u gain life force and also add stacks of vuln at 1200 range as ammo that is on the same weapon as a 3 boon strip that does damage depending how many boons are stripped and also chills for good measure. I wish Mesmer had cool stuff like everyone else.

@"Koen.1327" said:any f3 use should yield 25 vuln, remove most if not all boons - not sure if anyone still uses IH because EM is much better nowim not trying to emphasize on the debuff thing, obviously doesn't mean everything but im just trying to say its a strong aspect of the current 'meta' buildop is just asking for anything decent besides the metabattle ones which i would say that also other builds are viable besides what we discussed about domination - i've tested many builds since patch launched and i feel trait choice is more flexible than ever (for condi that is)

if you are not using IH the only "reliable" way to get 25 vulnerability stack is landing 3 clone F3 in melee and following up with aditional CC.And at this point its no longer reliable. It turns into best case scenario type of deal.I think EM is stupid choice, IH is a must have. whenever someone takes EM I think they should take cleanse mantra + cleansing sigil or cleansing sigil x2 + arcane + mimic or some bullshittery like that.IH is too valuable.

Primarily for WvW; Use my Build (use any armor set/weapon set regarding the stats you like, but I suggest going complete celestial).

Philosophy: Versatility and All-rounded stats [Celestial Gear; and Attack/Defense Jumper Mirage Build] [Try to use a polyluminescent refractor of any color you like on any of your rings/accessory's so the clones also have the icon on them]

Chaos Trait line - Low - Low - Mid [used to be high, but chaotic interruption was deleted]

Inspiration Trait line - Low - Mid - High [Condi cleanses, heals, and shield phantasm for taunt bombs]

Mirage Trait Line - High - Low - High <- This is the more difficult variant [DPS heavy]Mirage Trait Line - High - Mid - Mid <- This is the Medium Variant [Also good for condi cleanse per evade]Mirage Trait Line - Mid - Mid - Mid <- This is the starter variant. [Defence heavy]

Weapons:StaffAxe/ off-hand Sword

Utilities: Mirror [Heal] - Mirage Ambush - Mirage Advance - Blink - Mass Invisibility

Gear: Full Celestial [Personal recommendation]

Moving on to playstyle:

• This is an unconventional and non-meta build. No pistol, no torch, no sword, no GS, no focus.
  • You will be teleporting and target breaking everywhere, but the key is to know when to move and when not to move.

Using the Difficult Mirage Variant; engage with Staff 2, Staff 3, wait 1 second, then mirage ambush; drop Staff 5 on a clone [NOT yourself]

Hit Staff 4, switch to axe/sword; hit mirage advanace, then axe 2, then sword 5, then hit mirage advance again (right after sword 5 finishes loading), shatter F2 confusion, then hit axe 3 (if you run toward opponent) with F3 daze to interrupt, then his axe 2 again, mirage evade and hit axe 1, then power shatter F2; Hit heal mirror, then hit mass invisibility, then switch back to staff , then hit staff 2.

This is the ideal rotation; by doing this you engage with the opponent rushing to find you. This is not a burst (though it can be if you time it correctly, it is burstable but prepare for a big cooldown; you can hit weapon 1 in between if you like, these are methodical paced rotations [except for the shatter part, those are hit with the step involved]. Remember to turn off auto-attacking weapons kill 1 on both axe and sword, because you want to act like a clone from time to time. PATIENCE is built into this build.

Staff - Great for distance, and having a body shield against range pop shots [sB/DE], Staff 4 is great for rapid firing shots or strikes; every pew pew is a boon on you, and a condi on them. CHaos 5 is for deception, but you can blink into them if you like after popping a shatter.

Axe - distance closing and target breaking, the axe is there to close the gap and generate clones for an upfront brawl and to cripple; the sword is there to block big shots, and sword five is to push pressure.

Staff Upgrades; Superior Sigil of Nullification; and use the Sigil that does +10% condition duration.

Axe - Use a sigil that does 3, 5, or 7 percent outgoing damage. [Or use the sigil that gives you might every critical hit]off- hand Sword - Use the Superior Sigil of paralyzation

ARMOR RUNES: TRAVELER, OR FIREWORKS.

Traits: gives you super speed for using manipulations [Mirror, blink, mass invisibilty]; Chaos trait line gives you an auto heal after lower than 75%, and it helps with staff. You have extended stealth 9 seconds; Inspiration is to take off conditions on you for every phantasm summoned, and every shatter. You get to shatter heal if clones are up.Mirage trait for axe, clone generation per deception utility use, and also for condi cleanse, or more dps from clone condi for every evade, they will ambush attack with the special attack animations for the weapons.

Very difficult build to master:

• Highly Effecting in obstructed environments: Tree Lines, forests, camps with buildings; elevation differences [upper-lower staircase access/ledge access]
  • Highly INEFFECTIVE in complete open area IF more than a 1v2, 1v2 is okay, 1v3 you need to bud out unless you can use obstruction and terrain.
  • Great support capabilities for team mates: Boon bouncing off of Staff 1, Staff 5 chaos storm for blocks and retaliation/speed, mass invisibilty.
  • Good for reflects : Use Mirror; then cancel it before committing to the heal; will recharge in 4 seconds instead of the 16+ seconds. [<--- if you time this right you are rewarded with repeating mirrors within 4 secs]
  • Blink and STaff 2 for mobility.
  • Mirage Ambush works great with staff
  • Mirage Advance is great with Axe/Sword
  • Kite against HEAVY Professions, melee when stabilities are down. [Exceptions depend on opportunities opened, applies to the next two tabs]
  • Hit and Run against MEDIUM Professions, use ranged attacks when they are visible or under cooldowns.
  • Get upfront against LIGHT Professions, Use confusion shatters when up close, and power shatters when clones are spread out.
  • After gaining experience against all classes, You will learn how to pace yourself to make the fight a fight of attrition and tempt your opponent to try and burst [this is why you let yourself tank their high attack cooldowns, do not use evade unless you are less than 60% and about to be hit with a big shot.
  • Blink only if you are stunned, or you have an incoming attack.
  • Mass invisibility allows you to gain boons while studying your opponents mechanics/utilities, and playstyle.
  • Offensive Aspect: Clone generation and Axe Power/Condi brawl, with Power Shatter and Sword 5 bursts after daze.
  • Defensive Aspect: Mobilitiy/Target Break, and jumping everywhere.
  • BEST USED when pacing cooldowns and weapons, but you will get the idea of how I use this build. Don't give up on it, it will start off stressful and be completely stupid, but you will see the versatility over time. MOST players expect you to use GS, Sword/Torch,, or sword/pistol, scepter/torch, etc.
  • When engaging melee fighters, Start with staff [kiting, and defence]
  • when engaging ranged fighters, start with axe/sword [block and distance closers]

When in a 1v2, you must switch targets every now and then. For example, send a Staff 3 to target 1, then Staff 2 to target 2, then switch to axe 3 for Target 1, then Sword five to target 2, then mirage advance to target 1, then shatter (you will have 1 clone going to shatter to one, and the other two to another; while your phantasms are up as queued future clones for a distortion follow up.

You can see how this build is jumpy and really fun.

Example for combos, each tab is a separate combo, this part is not a full rotation, but rather combos.

• Surprise Interruption; Axe 3, F3 immediately.
  • The Spider Web: Staff 2, STaff 3, + Mirage Ambush; drop Staff 5 Storm on a clone to confuse opponent, BLINK to the chaos storm while simultaneously hitting F1, or F2, or F3, the shatter of your choice.
  • The Shadow Step Break Strike: Mirage Advance, Axe 2, Sword 5, Mirage Retreat [Hit Advance again]
  • The Delusional Escape: Mirage Advance, run in one direction, wait 2-4 seconds, mirage retreat, flip to opposite direction, STaff 2. You will be 1000- 1500 range from you opponent by this time. [Add blink and mass invisibilty]; you can re-engage with an invisible spider web chain attack.
  • Cloak Spider Web: Put mass invisibility in front of The Spider Web chain before doing it; appear off an angle after cloaking somewhere behind the opponent.
  • The Blind Strike: Mirage Advance, Mirage Retreat quickly. [perfect against thieves right before they cloak; leaves behind a clone to give you two seconds of distortion.
  • The Disabled Confusion: Sword 4 [tap twice for daze shot] + Axe 2, you will daze your opponent opening up for a crippling blow from axe two; and you now have a clone up to mirage ambush, OR Axe three with Confusion Shatter F2. Up to you.
  • The Body Shield: Against Ranged attacks like nets/pop shots, Hit staff two, and stay behind your clone; Hit mirage Ambush only if they are about to enclose with a heavy melee.
  • The Bold Advance with a spider web finish and cloak finisher: Staff 4, switch to Axe/Sword; Mirage Advance, Axe two, Sword 4 [tap twice], Sword Five, distortion after chaos armor is gone; then mirage retreat. Switch back to STaff, Staff 2, Staff 3, Mirage Ambush, then mass invisibility to help give time for cooldowns and gain boons while invisibilty.
  • Chain Jump Escape: Run behind opponent and right click on opponent, Staff 2, then Blink away, Use Mirage Ambush against any NPC, even white-named ones, and also use axe 3 to jump; mirage advance also to jump to the next npc, and the next. This requires some luck and alignment of the NPCs in the path you wish to go, Use Mirror Heal for that short super speed.

Before the big patch this build would sustain like crazy, but after the patch it still is darn good, because with the greater cooldowns of the opponents; it is still viable. Use evasion only against Pop shots from opponents [High damage animations]. You have evasions BUILT IN, to this build, and you can avoid most attacks by jumping everywhere.

As you can see, using celestial as a starter will help you figure out if you like to tank, or add more DPS.

Mirage Secrets Revealed:

• With the First Mirage Trait line column; set on HIGH, using deception skills will generate another clone [if you have 1 clone already up, or more]. REVELATION: a clone replaces your current position while you appear somewhere else.
  • Staff 5 Interrupts on first tick.
  • Axe 3 with a confusion Shatter while 3 clones are up will stack up to potentially 9 or more confusion stacks.
  • The Spider web is great to surround RANGE style combat players.
  • Mirage Advance is great with axe 2 against melee because it will blind and cripple them, making them take a while to reach you if they find you, and they will miss their next shot/attack/activated skill.
  • Off-Hand Sword is underrated, it is great for final blows, counter attack blocks, or interruptions while an opponent is about to hit you while in mid-air or in mid-animation to attack.
  • Against a surprise thief attack, Axe 3, or Mirage Advance, OR F3 or F4 is great to decrease high damage DPS; but thieves are generally difficult, over time you will learn how to turn the fight into attrition.
  • Mirage Advance against thieves if they try to invis [you will still be able to land on them even if they cloak, because the animation started while they were visible, and it will land where they went invisible [ this is similar to cloaking before a ranger hits their rapid fire on you, as their arrows will trail you while you are cloaked and running even when invisible, because their attack took place while you were not cloaked; its just the mechanics of the game.
  • Mirages are underestimated in current meta.
  • You will be highly targeted by thieves and rangers, the trick is to generate clones from npcs [fight the npcs then mirage ambush or axe 3 against incoming player opponents, you start the fight with NPCS, CLONES, and yourself, this is great against a revenant's jump attack with the sword, or axe, against rangers pop shots, or thieves, because while NPCS are trying to fight you and them, their interference will help act as a body shield, or lure an accidentally auto-target on them instead of you.
  • Concerning thieves and rangers; you need to allow yourself to get hit first, when in doubt, just hit an evade and mass invisbility if you are surprised; and run away if you are not confident to fight just yet.
  • Remember there are still builds out there that will wreck you if your opponent plays their cards right; but the same thing applies to this build and with YOU.
  • Axe 3 and Mirage Ambush will RANDOMLY land you around your opponent. This is great, because it adds unpredictability against yourself and your opponent. You will be trained to think on the fly with this build. Use NPCs to your advantage [they are targetable hint hint, jump-to-able.]

Blessings. You're Welcome.

When Mirage used to have Two Evades, this build shreds, but the nerf is understandable.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Avion Blade.4869 this build sounds like any other bunker build but on hard mode.how do you even deal damage with this thing?Power or Confusion Shatters if you time it really well with Sword 5 and axe 3 while all clones are up, there is a [opportune moment window] . This is WvW remember. Personally, I like to extend the fight when possible. Your damage is over time, you will notice your opponent's weakness. Because you are celestial, you have a lot of time on your hands, mind the long cooldowns now of other classes. These fights usually end with allies coming in time, or one of us wins out of sure perfect timing. It also allows you to escape. Its a versatile build.

And also, the trick is to make your opponents waste cooldowns on clones. The less you move, the more likely you'll survive. This is where the windows open for those jump shatters.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:@Avion Blade.4869 that build is dated, it also is suboptimal in the current meta.You can switch the last trait for Chaos to low to get stability and might stacks from shattering, along with the other boons. But personally since the Mirage only has 1 dodge as of late, that might be better. Choosing the extended cloak is good for those who like to escape and re-engage

This is just my taste, I like jumping around a lot, there is a good rotation of hit and runs and standing still, and then doing surprise attacks. It may seem dated, perhaps i should make some highlight reels so maybe its better understood. It won't be a kill all be all build, but it gets the job done imho.