PvP-Anonymity

Virdo.1540

As people can see, the toxicity and stupid whisper-players are already a big part of PvP itself.In the leaderboard u can see the peoples Account-Names, but not the numbers behind. This way u cant just whisper them whenever u like, even if u really wanna insult them.

Why cant we take this Anonymity form the leaderboard into normal pvp rounds? Just seeing Accountnames, but not giving the opportunity to let bad,salty,arrogant,..... players write and spam to anyone in/after the round, would be an improvement (even if its only a tiny one) to pvp imo.

@Virdo.1540 said:As people can see, the toxicity and stupid whisper-players are already a big part of PvP itself.In the leaderboard u can see the peoples Account-Names, but not the numbers behind. This way u cant just whisper them whenever u like, even if u really wanna insult them.

Why cant we take this Anonymity form the leaderboard into normal pvp rounds? Just seeing Accountnames, but not giving the opportunity to let bad,salty,arrogant,..... players write and spam to anyone in/after the round, would be an improvement (even if its only a tiny one) to pvp imo.

why waste develop time on this exactly?open your eyes mate, balance is broken, every pve update is broken. they have better shit to focus on.if you get whispered toxicity just report, mute and move on.

I have no patience for nasty trolls and lack of respect and so I block anyone who is nasty to any team member. Chat feels a lot cleaner that way.I think those nasty people are a minority, chat goes quiet fast after a few days of blocking. Blocked people also can not email you.It would be a shame to hinder all interaction by making pvp anonymous. Some aspects of GW2 (server and guild structure) already contribute to GW2 having much less interaction than I knew from games I played in the past.

One you have a filter that will block bad words if you do get a whisper. Two you have block which I use all the time so much so in 2 v 2 I had to unblock teammates temporarily in case they talked. Three if words upset you so much where you need to change a system because some random stranger saying your a scrub or bad or noob then idk what to tell you. I do get aggravated and talk back some days but it's mostly insta block. I also used to think WvW was anonymous but you can block/friend then whisper/mail etc which surprised me the 1st time I got trash talk from opposite team.

@"Virdo.1540" said:As people can see, the toxicity and stupid whisper-players are already a big part of PvP itself.In the leaderboard u can see the peoples Account-Names, but not the numbers behind. This way u cant just whisper them whenever u like, even if u really wanna insult them.

It's not my intention to minimize a legitimate issue. However, I disagree with your solution. I am always polite, tolerant of the "competitiveness" of others, and I don't get angry about losing fights or matches. I'm also perfectly capable of using block/report if other players can't get themselves under control. In practice, I add far more players to my contact list than I do to my block list.

PvP is mostly a neutral (low-to-no communication) experience for me, with frequent positive interactions (from a simple gg/gf to guild invites, to offers to duel, discussions about build and strategy after the match, etc.), and the rare player that earns a block. I find that even if players get a little salty at first, if I respond with the opposite they usually calm down and respond in kind.

I don't mean to make any assumptions about you, but if your experience is different there are probably some reasons why. If you aren't doing it already, perhaps try responding to the next insult not with an insult, but by telling them how they fought well and asking them about their build? I know it's sort of backing away from a challenge or whatever, but if it produces better outcomes it would be worth it, right?

To all the "just block" answeresSome people actually arent interested in getting insulted, block and then just to get whispered by a second accound or by friends of those salty kids.

And the insult-filter doesnt work if most people cant concentrate on grammar while going enrage

@"Virdo.1540" said:To all the "just block" answeresSome people actually arent interested in getting insulted, block and then just to get whispered by a second accound or by friends of those salty kids.

And the insult-filter doesnt work if most people cant concentrate on grammar while going enrage

Yeah just block the 2nd accounts too. Like really dude this can't happen so often where you did nothing and a guy whispers insults and you block then that guy logs onto another account to send an email. Like even some cheese build doesn't inspire that much effort. So block move on don't whisper back then block or w/e that get's these guys salty. I no longer buy your just some poor innocent dude

@Jilora.9524 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:To all the "just block" answeresSome people actually arent interested in getting insulted, block and then just to get whispered by a second accound or by friends of those salty kids.

Yeah just block the 2nd accounts too. Like really dude this can't happen so often where you did nothing and a guy whispers insults and you block then that guy logs onto another account to send an email. Like even some cheese build doesn't inspire that much effort. So block move on don't whisper back then block or w/e that get's these guys salty. I no longer buy your just some poor innocent dude

Actually im quite impressed by how many people do that. They put more effort in flaming&insulting than into the real pvp-match.