Rhendak the Crazed and the Grand Chest

Kong.3280

So, this chest has always been, to my knowledge, lootable once per day per account.

I was continuing my Daily punishment/ritual of killing Rhendak in hopes of getting Rhendak's Signet. Reached out to another sufferer to see how their struggle has been. They wanted to kill Rhendak, and despite having already done it, I decided to help. I switched characters, to change things up as using the same one daily for so... so long, gets dull.

Surprise surprise! I looted the Chest! Could see it visually spawn and get looted. And I even received items only lootable from it, the chalic and trident. We repeated this, by both of us changing characters and killing him again. We looted the chest.

Anyone know if this was changed? Or is this maybe a bug?

(Edited for typo)

That even has always been subject to diminishing returns. To fix it, swap your parked toon maybe 1x/week (and do something else with the other toon).

DR has a random element to it, so it's possible to go as long as a month without noticing, I think. Or sometimes it pops up in a few days. I think when I was farming that event daily, I swapped 2x/month.

I've been killing him once daily for so long. I think I'm gonna bring more characters there.

You can deal with Diminishing returns by going to WvW, EofM, or Fractals. All of which can be done and then return to the map without having to get a port in or run the dungeon again.

@Kong.3280 said:I've been killing him once daily for so long. I think I'm gonna bring more characters there.

You can deal with Diminishing returns by going to WvW, EofM, or Fractals. All of which can be done and then return to the map without having to get a port in or run the dungeon again.

True, except for Fractals, you need the Mistlock Sanctuary Pass to be able to return.For WvW/EotM, I usually needed 15-30 minutes before I could be sure DR expired.

Just posting a little update on this.

It's been a week, and on average i'm killing Rhendak about 4 times a day, each time with a different character. At first it was all working fine, then slowly started to see Diminishing Returns. It is currently to the point that I am not getting the Grand Chest to spawn at all. Playing any character else where in the game, even one I'm going to open the chest with, does not seem to make any difference.

So i'd have to say although you can kill him multiple times a day, with different characters, it's not worth it.

• 1 year later...

I noticed that after years no one fixed the abysmally low drop rate for this item (after that someone, for example, finally realised that maybe the blood ruby drop rate was wrong) , in 5 months that i do this event almost daily with different chrts I dropped 40 calices and 0 rings, i wonder the reason, from the game design point of view, of this thing, in 2020 there is any reason for this, since the only use of this item it's for the treasure hunter chest that drop almost nothing useful at the end? the same question could be valid for the other super/extra/mega rare items of this collection...

• 1 year later...

I have the Enchanted Treasure chest achievement up to 84% and just missing 6 items been trying to get them for 7 years. Not worth spending so much gold to get the remaining items just to get a chest that drops green and blue items. I have a full home instance, something that I have been working on since I started playing. All I am missing the is the Enchanted Treasure Chest. Maybe one day i'll complete it.