What's the Deal with Arcane Utilities?

Downstate.4697

Crits for 1000 on full zerker?? Scepter builds are complete poopy. Please rework arcane power. This skill has too long of a CD for what it does. 20seconds can hardly justify how it functions considering swapping attunements will proc it. Same reason ele cant use sigil of intelligence for burst. You wanna make core FA a viable build while not affecting weaver FA? Look into ways to allow the use of valk amulet with arcanes. For example, all attacks crit for the next 3 seconds after using an arcane could replace final shielding.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of skills that have been really, really bad in pvp. This last patch added a bunch more to the useless pile. I would really like to see them start buffing some of the least used utilities up after this last round of nerfs. Thief traps just got their rework, how about guard consecrations or shouts. Engineer gadgets, elixer gun, tool kit all need work. Ele needs frost bow and fire axe needs reworks along with the arcane line and utilities. I could go on, but its so unlikely any of this will get fixed.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

@Ryan.9387 said:Arcane power is used to spam immobilize by combining it with the arcane grandmaster trait.

A low cd on that utility would be too strong.

It's a 1s immobilize on a skill that is never used. Druid gets a better version just by dazing. I'm more advocating anet needs to look at these skills

Its a 1 second immobilize 4 times AND shares 2 times AND an aoe ferocity buff AND an aoe intel sigil.

@Ryan.9387 said:

@Ryan.9387 said:Arcane power is used to spam immobilize by combining it with the arcane grandmaster trait.

It's a 1s immobilize on a skill that is never used. Druid gets a better version just by dazing. I'm more advocating anet needs to look at these skills

Its a 1 second immobilize 4 times AND shares 2 times AND an aoe ferocity buff AND an aoe intel sigil.

This is derailing from the point of my post. I dont think it's that good. If it was any good it would see some use in some sort of content, but I dont recall anyone using it ever. Its impractical, the CD is huge and other options are far better

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

This is derailing from the point of my post. I dont think it's that good. If it was any good it would see some use in some sort of content, but I dont recall anyone using it ever. Its impractical, the CD is huge and other options are far better

I'm not saying Arcane utilities are good. But I use Arcane Blast in WvW for easy downed tagging for bag. Staff cast time is too slow, by the time you landed a Lava Font on them, they may actually died, and you get no bag.

I also use them in some zerging PvE train for tagging purposes. It's pretty useless outside of that.

They destroyed arcanes for no good reason after spending 7 years buffing them.

Ele has incredibly tough competition for utility slots, you can choose between things like evade with superspeed, stability and protection buff, invuln for 3 seconds, pulsing conditions, a teleport...

or a 1k damage crit with 2 charges.

Seriously, an autoattack hits for more. How do these people have a job? LULW

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

Thats why its heavly used in WvW.

Imob spam with arcane blast and power is called OP in WvW and want it removed.

But ok. Arcane blast hits like a truck there while being on a short cf.

@"Tayga.3192" said:Question:

Valkyrie amulet ele with air arcane x and arcane utilities?

Something like this (Just a concept, build might change): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZwOYIsE2JWcTaLVA-zZALjMTgeLABHA

Maybe take arcane heal, bolt to the heart, arcane restoration etc

However, this means you have only 3% crit chance outside your arcane skills.

I've tried it. Would make an okay dueling build. Yourbetter off with precision runes and maximising fury uptime so you can sit at 30% crit. Main issue is churning earth procs stacks with each pulse so need arcane power right before it goes off. Sunspot takes a stack.

Arcane brilliance is a fantastic teamfight heal, but 1v1 it lacks the heal you want so if you cant kill your opponent in 10s or so you will eventually lose out to resource management.

Another issue is very little condi clear so any encounter with druid is a loss. Condi mesmer cant keep up with damage pressure.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilNwSYeMFGJOyL5LVA-zZALjGLgMTATGA

Give it a shot. It's great seeing 6k fire grabs but will hardly be meta and is borderline viable

Lol for some reason I totally forgot about sigil of intelligence.

Why not use offhand focus and leave fury uptime + precision rune? I was going after max ferocity/vitality because ferocity is stronger post patch and vitality is just good overall.Also what about daredevil runes?