Gen 3 leggies with the next expac?

I believe what we’re seeing with the introduction of the two new legendaries that just released should be considered part of generation 3 due to the major differences in crafting then previous ones.

Also I found something interesting in the item codes with warlord armor! There’s both an ascended and legendary Variant of these. I have the code for ascended still going to get the legendary one again later today and post on it!

Ascended version [&AgGxawEA]

@zealex.9410 said:Ik full well that legendaries will lose alot of their value once legendary armory is out and ppl start making the weapon and armor types they still need but i still think that even for the cosmetic aspect that it would be nice to see a third gen of weapons.

i actually think the legendary armory will give greater value to have legendaries. it doesn't take away the value from them.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Ik full well that legendaries will lose alot of their value once legendary armory is out and ppl start making the weapon and armor types they still need but i still think that even for the cosmetic aspect that it would be nice to see a third gen of weapons.

i actually think the legendary armory will give greater value to have legendaries. it doesn't take away the value from them.

Totally more value. It's actually going to get me to finish making the light armor. I really hope that we didn't need to keep the exotic warlord pieces though...

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

Look at it this way, the armory makes it so when you make a gs you will never need anoter greatsword because the armory will take care of the statswapping for all your characters, therefor any other greatsword has the value of a skin to you but with the same pricepoint.

It makes any legendaries past the first of a type way less lucrative so why i think a gen 3 would be overall less desired by most ppl.

How about two separate generations for PvP and WvW since PvE already has two gen of weapons? Would be nice for the other modes to have generations of their own which separate them and make it so X mode can help you get X weapon because its only obtainable from X mode.

Id like to see that before Gen 3 for PvE

@zealex.9410 said:

Look at it this way, the armory makes it so when you make a gs you will never need anoter greatsword because the armory will take care of the statswapping for all your characters, therefor any other greatsword has the value of a skin to you but with the same pricepoint.

It makes any legendaries past the first of a type way less lucrative so why i think a gen 3 would be overall less desired by most ppl.

But skins were always the main draw to legendaries. Stat swapping is such a minor thing for most of the items. Usually you just need 1 or 2 stats for these weapons either since they aren't so varied. A Berserker GS will do the job most of the time for example, maybe you want Marauder or something. That's neat, but the skins matter a lot more to most.

@"zealex.9410" said:Ik full well that legendaries will lose alot of their value once legendary armory is out and ppl start making the weapon and armor types they still need but i still think that even for the cosmetic aspect that it would be nice to see a third gen of weapons.

Hard to say, but they did say back when announcing the legendary runes and sigils that the trinkets were "the last" of legendary gear. Whether they meant "last new type" or "last ever" is a bit questionable.

I'd kinda hope for aqua breather and gen2 weapons before a gen3 weapon set. Maybe even a gen2 armor and trinket set would be nice, and perhaps more befitting for expansion 3.

@dodgerrule.8739 said:I believe what we’re seeing with the introduction of the two new legendaries that just released should be considered part of generation 3 due to the major differences in crafting then previous ones.

I'm not so sure, the legendary armor from PvP and WvW are very different from PvE armor, and armor, trinkets, and weapons all have fairly different recipes too. Each backpiece as well.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:How about two separate generations for PvP and WvW since PvE already has two gen of weapons? Would be nice for the other modes to have generations of their own which separate them and make it so X mode can help you get X weapon because its only obtainable from X mode.

Given how PvP and WvW handles legendary armor, I'd imagine that if ANet wanted to do legendary weapons for PvP/WvW, they'd just take the Mistforged Obsidian and Mistforged Hero's weapons and create recipes for them to be upgraded into legendary tier. Maybe with fancier effects.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Ik full well that legendaries will lose alot of their value once legendary armory is out and ppl start making the weapon and armor types they still need but i still think that even for the cosmetic aspect that it would be nice to see a third gen of weapons.

Hard to say, but they did say back when announcing the legendary runes and sigils that the trinkets were "the last" of legendary gear. Whether they meant "last new type" or "last ever" is a bit questionable.

I'd kinda hope for aqua breather and gen2 weapons before a gen3 weapon set. Maybe even a gen2 armor and trinket set would be nice, and perhaps more befitting for expansion 3.

@dodgerrule.8739 said:I believe what we’re seeing with the introduction of the two new legendaries that just released should be considered part of generation 3 due to the major differences in crafting then previous ones.

I'm not so sure, the legendary armor from PvP and WvW are very different from PvE armor, and armor, trinkets, and weapons all have fairly different recipes too. Each backpiece as well.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:How about two separate generations for PvP and WvW since PvE already has two gen of weapons? Would be nice for the other modes to have generations of their own which separate them and make it so X mode can help you get X weapon because its only obtainable from X mode.

Given how PvP and WvW handles legendary armor, I'd imagine that if ANet wanted to do legendary weapons for PvP/WvW, they'd just take the Mistforged Obsidian and Mistforged Hero's weapons and create recipes for them to be upgraded into legendary tier.
Maybe
with fancier effects.

I mean id still be ok with that; Just give legendary acquisition a full set for those modes as well. The PvE ones can be unique skins and so on but I feel as though WvW and PvP deserve their own form of the same item type.

@"zealex.9410" said:Ik full well that legendaries will lose alot of their value once legendary armory is out and ppl start making the weapon and armor types they still need.

Logic tells me this will only increase the value of having legendary equipment and would make even more people "rush" to have them and even drive prices up. They should be more sought after than ever before. Please explain. Did I miss some important piece of information about the implementation?

But on topic. I think there should be a third set of weapons in the future, just like a third set of elite specs. We all love variety and choices, right?

@CashCow.9548 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Ik full well that legendaries will lose alot of their value once legendary armory is out and ppl start making the weapon and armor types they still need.

Logic tells me this will only increase the value of having legendary equipment and would make even more people "rush" to have them and even drive prices up. They should be more sought after than ever before. Please explain. Did I miss some important piece of information about the implementation?

But on topic. I think there should be a third set of weapons in the future, just like a third set of elite specs. We all love variety and choices, right?

With the legendary armory they will implement.You need 1 legendary greatsword and can use it on every class that can use greatsword at the same time without moving it around anymore.Same you only need 1 light 1 medium and 1 heavy set and all your characters that are 80 will have legendary armor picked up from armory and donned.

EditSo what is the reason to make new legendaries when they can just keep doing skins and sell to people?

Would be nice to see aqua breather and gen 2 underwater first.

And maybe Jeweller 500 with infusions, or even non-cosmetic/plain legendary trinket crafting?

But certainly would be interesting if Anet can fit in a third tier of legendaries within the game's lifespan. There's a few it would be nice to see some different themes (ie torch - both are heavy fire themed, so is room for different style of illumination).

@Linken.6345 said:

With the legendary armory they will implement.You need 1 legendary greatsword and can use it on every class that can use greatsword at the same time without moving it around anymore.Same you only need 1 light 1 medium and 1 heavy set and all your characters that are 80 will have legendary armor picked up from armory and donned.

EditSo what is the reason to make new legendaries when they can just keep doing skins and sell to people?

you always needed just 1 light 1 medium and 1 heavy.same way you always needed 1 staff, 1 gs,

but instead of placing them in the bank like you did before you just dont have to

so no longer going to a bank, place gear in. switch characters, take gear out. adjust runes stats. sigils and go to the next content.

its all in 1 place

it never lowererd value.it will not lower value now

it would motivate alot more people in getting a legendaryany legendary

so if more people want legendaries. because its easier to use .it will increase value because demand increases

@infrequentia.3465 said:

you always needed just 1 light 1 medium and 1 heavy.same way you always needed 1 staff, 1 gs,

but instead of placing them in the bank like you did before you just dont have to

so no longer going to a bank, place gear in. switch characters, take gear out. adjust runes stats. sigils and go to the next content.

its all in 1 place

so if more people want legendaries. because its easier to use .it will increase value because demand increases

Depends on the type pf content you play, on my mesmer i used multiple sets of asc and so did on my necro, then i was aiming to switch them for 2 sets of legendary light armor, now ill make one and never have to bother with light armors for the rest of the game.

@infrequentia.3465 said:

its all in 1 place

You do know that people are lazy kittens right?There are people before the shared slots that bought unlimited tools per character and same with copper fed salvage kits.Just to turn around uh its usless now anet give me back my money or let me exchange stuff.So yes while you only needed 1 of each before people did more to not have to move around stuff.

@Linken.6345 said:

its all in 1 place

You do know that people are lazy kittens right?There are people before the shared slots that bought unlimited tools per character and same with copper fed salvage kits.Just to turn around uh its usless now anet give me back my money or let me exchange stuff.So yes while you only needed 1 of each before people did more to not have to move around stuff.

wich is not something they would and should be compensated before

all the armory is going to do is take out the middle man (bank)

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:i rather see them improve the game and focus on the expansion instead of yet more grind for rich players.

One person whose entire job is to design weapons is all that is needed to make legendary weapons. They aren't specialized to develop content.

it takes concept artists to design the weapon, scripting to get it in the game, a 3D modeler to make the weapon, a 2D artist to give it a skin and add effects, it needs to be approved by the lead artist for it to even get in the game, the weapon also needs several items in-game so the legendary crafting line goes well and stays unique.you're severely underestimating the progress just to get one single weapon in a game.