PvE power mirage skill/trait change suggestions

Hot Boy.7138

Just making a request for clones sword ambush attack to do actual scaling damage based on the player's power stat in PvE only. It would just be more fun for people like me that greatly enjoy main hand sword mirage in a pve environment. And an alternative to chronomancer's ability to summon double phantasms. It's all a numbers game. You can adjust the numbers to a competitive level. But as it stands, the daze is awesome, but it would be nice if the attack did more than pet the head of the monster i'm fighting.

In addition, can you make Nomad's Endurance, (vigor grants +150 condition damage), grant either +150 Condition OR Power, based on whichever stat is highest for the player at any given time. Would love to take my power mirage into raids.

I've stopped raiding entirely because I can't enjoy chronomancer anymore. Condi mirage is awesome. But with these changes, maybe Power mirage can be equally awesome in a PvE environment.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:Just making a request for clones sword ambush attack to do actual scaling damage based on the player's power stat in PvE only. It would just be more fun for people like me that greatly enjoy main hand sword mirage in a pve environment. And an alternative to chronomancer's ability to summon double phantasms. It's all a numbers game. You can adjust the numbers to a competitive level. But as it stands, the daze is awesome, but it would be nice if the attack did more than pet the head of the monster i'm fighting.

In addition, can you make Nomad's Endurance, (vigor grants +150 condition damage), grant either +150 Condition OR Power, based on whichever stat is highest for the player at any given time. Would love to take my power mirage into raids.

I've stopped raiding entirely because I can't enjoy chronomancer anymore. Condi mirage is awesome. But with these changes, maybe Power mirage can be equally awesome in a PvE environment.

TBH power mirage could be a solution to ALOT of mesmer pve problems.GS ambush + gs4 would be really good for trash clears, and by rotating 2 ambushes into shatters into clone spawn through skills mira could even be good in sustained damage. I Dont even think it needs that much.150 power through nomad, small buff to GS ambush + fixing domination GS traits could honestly do it.But It would propably be forced to use GS/GS becouse sword ambush sucks, but then GS autos suck so there is problem there too....Sword ambush takes waaay too long in melee, you get stuck hovering mid air and even miss too there is alot of issues that needs fixin

1. The best way to play power mirage atm is to play like a neutered version of core power mesmer. Core and co. can’t be buffed cuz there’s a stupid >40k raid pchrono flying around while almost every other power mes build (inclu. not-raid pchrono) is <32k. You will want to buff core as well cuz -
  2. pMirage currently sits at ~24k. To buff just mirage to worthwhile dps means having a trait(s) that somehow increases dmg by 60%+ (note 10% of the ~24k is CONDI). Don’t think Anet will do that. Also, cannot buff cmirage.
  3. Sword ambush will never be worth unless it does 3x as much dmg as now, even then sigil of energy is not worth on power, so it would need to do 5x as much. Atm it’s a meme/dps loss, only useful for cc.
  4. Power has much less benefit for leaving clones around, clone ambush dmg needs to be OP to also compensate delaying F1 (it has no ammo on pmirage).

tl;dr: imo pmirage is doomed to fail as it relies/plays too similarly to core pmes, which is stuck in trash tier cuz reasons.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:

1. The best way to play power mirage atm is to play like a neutered version of core power mesmer. Core and co. can’t be buffed cuz there’s a stupid >40k raid pchrono flying around while almost every other power mes build (inclu. not-raid pchrono) is <32k. You will want to buff core as well cuz -
  2. pMirage currently sits at ~24k. To buff just mirage to worthwhile dps means having a trait(s) that somehow increases dmg by 60%+ (note 10% of the ~24k is CONDI). Don’t think Anet will do that. Also, cannot buff cmirage.
  3. Sword ambush will never be worth unless it does 3x as much dmg as now, even then sigil of energy is not worth on power, so it would need to do 5x as much. Atm it’s a meme/dps loss, only useful for cc.
  4. Power has much less benefit for leaving clones around, clone ambush dmg needs to be OP to also compensate delaying F1 (it has no ammo on pmirage).

tl;dr: imo pmirage is doomed to fail as it relies/plays too similarly to core pmes, which is stuck in trash tier cuz reasons.

still waiting for chronophantasma nerf so anything other then chrono can be pve playable zzzZZzzzz

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

still waiting for chronophantasma nerf so anything other then chrono can be pve playable zzzZZzzzz

???chronophantasma afaik is far away from the problem.

every other power mes build (inclu. not-raid pchrono) is <32k.

so:

• raid (DT) pchrono: 40k
  • not-raid pchrono: ~31k
  • core pmes: ~28k
  • pmirage: ~24k

step 1: do something about danger time. replace the +15% crit chance into core (dueling) under more reasonable conditions (not SLOW)

• raid (DT) pchrono: doesn't need to exist
  • not-raid pchrono: ~34k
  • core pmes: ~31k
  • pmirage: ~26k

step 2: update fencers finesse, maybe reduce 1s cast times - i.e SoE, iswordsman, idisenchanter, (idefender just cuz) apparently comparatively useless in pvp so why not

• not-raid pchrono: ~37k
  • core pmes: ~34k
  • pmirage: ~29k

step 3: buff (power) mirage by 25% thru w/e combination of changes (vicious expression v.1 lol)

• not-raid pchrono: ~37k
  • pmirage: ~36k, close enough

(also put the +x power into bountiful blades so gs is worthwhile)???profitbut anet doesn't listen so :grimace:.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:

i had been core s/s & s/p from beta till HoT. Then I was chrono s/s & s/p until the release of PoF. Since PoF I've kept the same exact weapon set up as a mirage. And it is definitely not the same. The playstyle of sword mirage vs sword core mesmer is drastically different. I'd actually say sword mirage is very much like Sword thief. Uber mobility and access to shadowstep utility, teleports, and a flip backwards. Definitely a HUGE difference. If you're a ranged player, I guess you wouldn't be taking advtange of all mirage's mobility so it would feel the same. But in my hands the core vs mirage is like night and day.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:

???chronophantasma afaik is far away from the problem.

every other power mes build (
inclu. not-raid pchrono
) is <32k.

so:
  • raid (DT) pchrono: 40k
  • not-raid pchrono: ~31k
  • core pmes: ~28k
  • pmirage: ~24k

step 1: do something about danger time. replace the +15% crit chance into core (dueling) under more reasonable conditions (not SLOW)
  • raid (DT) pchrono: doesn't need to exist
  • not-raid
    pchrono: ~34k
  • core pmes: ~31k
  • pmirage: ~26k

step 2: update fencers finesse, maybe reduce 1s cast times - i.e SoE, iswordsman, idisenchanter, (idefender just cuz) apparently comparatively useless in pvp so why not
  • not-raid
    pchrono: ~37k
  • pmirage: ~29k

step 3: buff (power) mirage by 25% thru w/e combination of changes (vicious expression v.1 lol)
  • not-raid
    pchrono: ~37k
  • pmirage: ~36k, close enough

(also put the +x power into bountiful blades so gs is worthwhile)???profitbut anet doesn't listen so :grimace:.

I have felt like some of my posts in the past inspired changes the devs made. I honestly feel like a post i made about phantasms not being fun inspired the phantasm rework. You never know. It's good that you took the time to share your idea, because they made read it and think "this makes sense"

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:

This is simply not true. There are 4 professions with a spec above 38K right now. Necro does fit the under 32k you mentioned.

@Josiah.2967necro also has much more sustain AND its much easier to play. Its not all about dps.Honestly necro could use some dps boost at the cost of ease of play.ffs part of reaper combo is standing still and holding mouse 1 for 3s+ thats how easy the spec is.then you look at chrono and its entire article how to make the combo, and god forbid you eat a CC/ are forced to do mechanic during F4.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Josiah.2967necro also has much more sustain AND its much easier to play. Its not all about dps.Honestly necro could use some dps boost at the cost of ease of play.kitten part of reaper combo is standing still and holding mouse 1 for 3s+ thats how easy the spec is.then you look at chrono and its entire article how to make the combo, and god forbid you eat a CC/ are forced to do mechanic during F4.

As a hardcore raider, I strongly disagree with this statement. There should be a balance with all buffs. Nothing justifies a class doing 2/3 the damage of another. Also min/max Guardian is easier than Necro. The sustain argument is completely false in raids.

@Josiah.2967 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Josiah.2967necro also has much more sustain AND its much easier to play. Its not all about dps.Honestly necro could use some dps boost at the cost of ease of play.kitten part of reaper combo is standing still and holding mouse 1 for 3s+ thats how easy the spec is.then you look at chrono and its entire article how to make the combo, and god forbid you eat a CC/ are forced to do mechanic during F4.

As a hardcore raider, I strongly disagree with this statement. There should be a balance with all buffs. Nothing justifies a class doing 2/3 the damage of another. Also min/max Guardian is easier than Necro. The sustain argument is completely false in raids.

then let everyone hold M1 for exact 35k dps and call it a day.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Why can't everyone just have withing 2k Max DPS for each profession with all buffs. That's all I'm asking for everyone to be end game viable. I can justify Necro having 2k less. 9k is a different story and why I am here. The difference has become to much over time. I just happened to like Mesmer way more than Guardian. Which is why I converted to Mesmer for raids.

@Josiah.2967 said:

Why can't everyone just have withing 2k Max DPS for each profession with all buffs. That's all I'm asking for everyone to be end game viable. I can justify Necro having 2k less. 9k is a different story and why I am here. The difference has become to much over time. I just happened to like Mesmer way more than Guardian. Which is why I converted to Mesmer for raids.

depends how you look at it, TBH 20k dps is good enough to finish raid if nobody wipes.Reaper gets its DPS with low effort, it just holds M1 for the most part and breezes through dps. I dont think I have ever seen reaper do less then 15k, but oh boy have I seen some shit chronomancers.Harder to play specs should be rewarded. if chrono and necro had the same dps nobody would have a reason to play chrono, becouse necro is both easier and safer ( more HP + shroud )I know necro aint the best but I STILL see full scourge raids. Is it becouse their dps is amazing? no its becouse they vomit shields so you can ignore mechanics and do the raids low effort.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

depends how you look at it, TBH 20k dps is good enough to finish raid if nobody wipes.Reaper gets its DPS with low effort, it just holds M1 for the most part and breezes through dps. I dont think I have ever seen reaper do less then 15k, but oh boy have I seen some kitten chronomancers.Harder to play specs should be rewarded. if chrono and necro had the same dps nobody would have a reason to play chrono, becouse necro is both easier and safer ( more HP + shroud )I know necro aint the best but I STILL see full scourge raids. Is it becouse their dps is amazing? no its becouse they vomit shields so you can ignore mechanics and do the raids low effort.

All successful raiding MMO's balance the glass DPS regardless of the how easy it is to play based on full buffs. Also 20k DPS is low for anything...

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

i had been core s/s & s/p from beta till HoT. Then I was chrono s/s & s/p until the release of PoF. Since PoF I've kept the same exact weapon set up as a mirage. And it is definitely not the same. The playstyle of sword mirage vs sword core mesmer is drastically different. I'd actually say sword mirage is very much like Sword thief. Uber mobility and access to shadowstep utility, teleports, and a flip backwards. Definitely a HUGE difference. If you're a ranged player, I guess you wouldn't be taking advtange of all mirage's mobility so it would feel the same. But in my hands the core vs mirage is like night and day.

I mean you can, but if all you want to do is to spew out dmg it’s all still the same. This is an area that needs fixing (pmirage gameplay needs to be unique).

As it currently stands, all pve power mesmer builds follow the phantspam > aa formula (for dps).

@Josiah.2967 said:

This is simply not true. There are 4 professions with a spec above 38K right now. Necro does fit the under 32k you mentioned.

What is true, you took my comment out from it’s original context and put it into your own, ofc it’s not gonna be true.

Why did you have to bring up reaper, the point of comparison is 40k raid pchrono vs 31k not-raid pchrono. It’s the same as making dread more accessible and then voila, 38k raid reaper, idc anymore about the 31k not-raid reaper (it can stay trash cuz ‘we balance only around raids’). And then mentioning cscourge who is left behind at 29k.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:

I mean you can, but if all you want to do is to spew out dmg it’s all still the same. This is an area that needs fixing (pmirage gameplay needs to be unique).

As it currently stands, all pve power mesmer builds follow the phantspam > aa formula (for dps).

What is true, you took my comment out from it’s original context and put it into your own, ofc it’s not gonna be true.

Why did you have to bring up reaper, the point of comparison is 40k raid pchrono vs 31k not-raid pchrono. It’s the same as making dread more accessible and then voila, 38k raid reaper, idc anymore about the 31k not-raid reaper (it can stay trash cuz ‘we balance only around raids’). And then mentioning cscourge who is left behind at 29k.

English is not my first language. I had to read the original post multiple times now to understand what you meant. Just be grateful the profession has a top tier spec. Greatsword isn't even that far behind.

@Josiah.2967 said:Just be grateful the profession has a top tier spec.

Should we be tho? pchrono in fracs and the average strike comp is already trash tier, and raid pchrono is dependant on having 7 of itself/the double chrono comp... which anet is trying to kill with things like boon thief and firebrigade. Next expac around the corner raises even more concern if it introduces more supp choices.

Pre-patch, mesmer power has just eaten unexplained nerf after unexplained nerf just to balance the pchrono up there - what’s there to be actually grateful for? Well thanks to it, all of our other power builds are destined to be trash, including pmirage and maybe even the next espec.

Greatsword isn't even that far behind.

This is the same as arguing that guard can swap sword/scepter - practically no significance whatsoever. What is significant: virtues guard vs radiance guard (a whole traitline + a janky +20% trait that gets it up to 38k). Danger time vs no danger time (another janky 20% dps difference). Current reaper vs dread reaper (the holder of your wet 38k dream).